This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
In addition to the minimum wage requirements of federal wage and hour laws, there is an overtime pay requirement that mandates that employers pay nonexempt employees one and one-half times their regular rate for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a workweek.
Complying with overtime rules. In complying with the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), be sure that you:
- determine who's subject to overtime rules
- understand what constitutes a workweek
- compute each worker's regular rate
- comply with state laws on overtime pay
- can't pay overtime wages other than time and one-half (there is a small group of businesses that can use other methods)