Shop Cyber Week Deals1 hour in store pickup
Please enter a quantity
Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses

To claim the credit for child and dependent care expenses, you need to fill out Parts I and II of IRS Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, if you're filing IRS Form 1040.

This form requires you to provide identification information for both the care provider(s) and the qualifying children or disabled persons. The form helps you to compute your credit by comparing your allowable expenses with your wages and other earnings (and those of your spouse, if married). Your credit amount is carried to your Form 1040, where it will be directly subtracted from the taxes you owe.

If you receive dependent care benefits, use Part III of this form to compute the amount of excluded benefits and also the amount of taxable benefits.

File Description:
The file is in Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf), and you will need the free Acrobat Reader to view and print the files.

Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Instructions for Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses

More information:
Federal Income Tax Obligations

This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!

Join Sign In