Black Friday Deals Start Wednesday at 6PM
Please enter a quantity
Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts

If you've suffered the results of a theft, accident, fire, flood, or some other casualty during the year, you may be able to deduct some of your unreimbursed losses.

Casualty losses are treated somewhat differently depending on whether the loss occurred to property used in your trade or business, property used to generate investment income, or property used for personal or family purposes. However, regardless of the type of property, the loss must first be reported on IRS Form 4684.

File Description:
The file is in Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf), and you will need the free Acrobat Reader to view and print the files.

Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
Instructions for Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts

More information:
Casualty Losses

This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!

Join Sign In