This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
BUFFALO DriveStation DDR High Speed USB 3.0 2 TB External Hard Drive (HD-GD2.0U3) Item # 114716
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Buffalo's DriveStation DDR is a 1-drive high performance USB 3.0 desktop attached storage device that offers ultrafast transfer speeds, comparable to SSD. Combining the high capacity of an HDD with the performance of DDR3 RAM, DriveStation DDR utilizes 1 GB of DRAM cache for blazing fast transfers, up to 408 Mbps. DriveStation DDR is the perfect solution for easily expanding storage or backing up your computer with fast file transfers.
- 1 GB of DRAM cache for transfer speeds up to 2.3x faster than USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 offers universal connectivity for PC and Mac® computers
- Schedule automatic backups for your PC with Buffalo Backup Utility
- Time Machine support offers scheduled backups for protecting Mac computer
- Sleek chassis can be positioned vertically or horizontally for efficient use of space
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|manufacturer||Buffalo Americas, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||5120 MB/s (40 Gbit/s)|
|package contents||Ultra Fast USB 3.0 Hard Drive; USB 3.0 Cable; AC Adapter; Quick-Setup Guide; Warranty Statement|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Product Line||DriveStation DDR|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||7200|
|storage capacity||2 TB|
|System Requirements||Operating System(s):Windows 8(32/64bit); Windows 7(32/64bit); Windows Vista(32/64bit); Windows XP; Mac OS(r) X 10.5 - 10.8|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
|Buffalo’s DriveStation™ DDR is a 1-drive high performance USB 3.0 desktop attached storage device that offers ultrafast transfer speeds, comparable to SSD. DriveStation DDR is the perfect solution for easily expanding storage or backing up your computer with fast file transfers.|
Overview:DriveStation DDR is an ultrafast, high performance, 1-drive desktop attached storage device. Combining the high capacity of an HDD with the performance of DDR3 RAM, DriveStation DDR utilizes 1 GB of DRAM cache for blazing fast transfers, up to 408 Mbps.
EASY TO USE STORAGEWith terabytes of storage, DriveStation DDR provides a reliable, easy to use storage solution to quickly expand the capacity of your PC and Mac computers with universal USB 3.0 plug-and-play.
EASY SCHEDULED BACKUPDriveStation DDR is perfect for backing up your important files. Disaster and hard drive failures can occur unexpectedly; don't leave your important files and treasured memories in the hands of chance. Schedule regular backups for your PC with Buffalo Backup Utility or use Time Machine for your Mac. Protect all of your data, down to the last byte.
FLEXIBLE POSITIONINGDriveStation DDR features a sleek, attractive chassis that can be positioned vertically or horizontally for efficient use of space. Stand it upright on your home office desktop or lay it flat below your TV as part of your media center.
BUFFALO TOOLSBuffalo Tools is a feature-rich suite of optional software included on the Buffalo DriveStation DDR. Any or all of the following components of Buffalo Tools may be installed on Windows® PCs.
- Buffalo's Backup Utility is a featured backup software for Windows PCs and can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive.
- eco Manager is an energy efficiency tool used to conserve energy and reduce battery consumption by regulating the power usage of the hard drive, cutting power to the drive during extended periods of inactivity.
- TurboPC includes two components to enhance file transfer performance with external hard drives. It also includes TurboCopy which provides additional system adjustments to increase performance substantially.
- SecureLock software for Windows® provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption.