This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series delivers flexibility, scalability, and low total cost of ownership (TCO) with a robust feature set supporting stacking, static layer 3 routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology creates a virtual fabric by managing several switches as one logical device, which increases network resilience, performance, and availability while reducing operational complexity. The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your network.
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||Intelligent Management Center; Command Line Interface; Web-based Management; SNMP v1, 2c, 3; RMON 1, 2, 3, 9; TELNET; DHCP; QoS; VLAN|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|ports||48 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Product Series||A5120G EI|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
HP 5120-48G EI Switch
|The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series delivers flexibility, scalability, and low total cost of ownership (TCO) with a robust feature set supporting stacking, static layer 3 routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology creates a virtual fabric by managing several switches as one logical device, which increases network resilience, performance, and availability while reducing operational complexity. The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your network.|
Scalable and Secure Access Layer Switches
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports stacking, static layer 3 routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology creates a virtual fabric which increases network resilience, performance, and availability while reducing operational complexity.
- HPE 4-chassis IRF for simpler, flatter, more agile networks, and flexible deployment with longer-distance stacking between closets up to 70 km.
- Modular 10GbE uplinks (CX4, SFP+ and 10GBASE-T), stacking and power supplies allow for future upgradability.
- External redundant power supply for increased reliability.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty and no software licensing required.
Powerful Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports advanced, classifier-based QoS which directs traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information. The switches apply QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Traffic prioritization with supported congestion actions include: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), SP+WRR, and traffic policing with Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.
Comprehensive Security Control
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater policy-driven application security.
- This series uses access control lists (ACLs) to provide IP Layer 2 to Layer 4 traffic filtering. And it supports global ACL, VLAN ACL, port ACL, and IPv6 ACL.
- Source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, Port Security, and MAC address lockout deliver enhanced security.
Single View of the Network
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- Separate data and control paths: separates control from services and keeps service processing isolated; increases security and performance
- External redundant power supply: provides high reliability
- Smart link: allows 50 ms failover between links
- Spanning Tree/MSTP, RSTP: provides redundant links while preventing network loops
- Rapid Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP): connects multiple switches in a high-performance ring using standard Ethernet technology; traffic can be rerouted around the ring in less than 50 ms, reducing the impact on traffic and applications
- 16K MAC address table: provides access to many Layer 2 devices
- VLAN support and tagging: supports IEEE 802.1Q with 4,094 simultaneous VLAN IDs
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- IEEE 802.1ad QinQ and selective QinQ: increase the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connect multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network
- 10GbE port aggregation: allows grouping of ports to increase overall data throughput to a remote device
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): determines the MAC address of another IP host in the same subnet; supports static ARPs; gratuitous ARP allows detection of duplicate IP addresses; proxy ARP allows normal ARP operation between subnets or when subnets are separated by a Layer 2 network
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): simplifies the management of large IP networks; supports client; DHCP Relay enables DHCP operation across subnets
- Loopback interface address: defines an address that can always be reachable, improving diagnostic capability
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) helper function: allows UDP broadcasts to be directed across router interfaces to specific IP unicast or subnet broadcast addresses and prevents server spoofing for UDP services such as DHCP
- Route maps: provide more control during route redistribution; allow filtering and altering of route metrics
(44) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(4) dual-personality ports - autosensing 10/100/1000BASE-T or SFP
Supports a maximum of 48 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
|Memory and processor||
128 MB SRAM
Packet buffer size: 4 MB
16 MB flash
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.2 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 2.6 µs
|Throughput||up to 71.4 Mpps|
|Routing/switching capacity||96 Gbps|
|Stacking capabilities||IRF, 4 switches|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
|Input voltage||100 - 240 VAC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||110 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||375 BTU/hr (395.63 kJ/hr)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.32 x 11.81 x 1.72 in|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability