This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS Smart Online 3000VA 2700W Tower 120V LCD USB DB9 Ext Run Item # 122447
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Do you need to protect medium- to large-size servers, networking equipment and telecom systems against data loss, downtime and equipment damage due to power outages, voltage fluctuations and transient surges? Tripp Lite's SU3000XLCD SmartOnline Tower UPS System is the solution! Featuring a 3000 VA/2700 W capacity and true on-line operation with pure sine wave output and zero transfer time to battery, it provides the highest level of power protection for mission-critical equipment. The SU3000XLCD has 9 AC outlets, including 2 load banks of 3 outlets each that are individually controllable to reboot select equipment on demand or maximize battery runtime for mission-critical equipment. USB and DB9 communication ports support messaging of detailed UPS operational parameters and line power status. Included PowerAlert power management software supports an unlimited number of network UPS systems.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||4.10 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||13.20 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778; CSA; NOM; FCC Part 15|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|Frequency Provided||50/60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA L5-30|
|Input Voltage||100 V AC; 110 V AC; 115 V AC; 120 V AC; 127 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||3000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||2700 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||3 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||100 V AC; 110 V AC; 115 V AC; 120 V AC; 127 V AC|
|package contents||SmartOnline SU3000XLCD 3000VA Tower UPS; PowerAlert Software CD; Owner's Manual with Warranty Information; EPO (Emergency Power Off) Cable; USB Cable; DB9 Cable|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA L5-30P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|Receptacles||8 x NEMA 5-15/20R; 1 x NEMA L5-30R|
|software included||PowerAlert Software|
|Switching Time||0 ns|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
SU3000XLCD SmartOnline® Double-Conversion Tower Sine Wave UPS with Expandable Runtime, Network Slot and LCD
POWER PROTECTION AND EXPANDABLE BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This on-line, double-conversion UPS system protects critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of your organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartOnline UPS system. True on-line double conversion is the highest level of power protection available. It provides precise voltage regulation, delivers continuous sine wave output and isolates equipment from power problems. This UPS system also has a high power factor, allowing you to connect a heavier load without overloading the UPS.
Common ApplicationsProtect Mission-Critical Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Cloud Platform Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Converged Infrastructure, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require sine wave power.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1350W) for up to 13.2 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match almost any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
On-Line, Double-Conversion OperationThis UPS system provides the highest level of power protection available:
- Continuous on-line, double-conversion operation provides precise voltage regulation and sine wave output. It isolates connected equipment from most power problems, including blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, transient voltages surges, electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise, harmonic distortion, electrical impulses and frequency variations.
- Zero transfer time to battery prevents malfunctions and reboots of sensitive equipment potentially caused by the transition from line power to battery-derived power during outages.
- Fault-tolerant automatic bypass maintains utility output and avoids downtime during a variety of fault and overload conditions.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD screen for comprehensive local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
Multifunction LCD Status ScreenThe convenient LCD status screen provides easy access to detailed UPS settings and information. The illuminated LCD displays a variety of helpful data, including voltage, frequency, load percentage, load wattage, power status, battery status, operating mode, battery capacity and estimated backup runtime remaining. The intutive controls also allow you to change the UPS system's operating mode and other settings. The LCD provides more information and greater control than comparable models, allowing you to diagnose and respond to power problems before they cause downtime.
- Economy Mode: This UPS system provides user-selectable economy mode operation to increase efficiency and cut operating costs. In economy mode, the UPS system suspends double conversion and operates with increased efficiency as long as input power quality is satisfactory. If input power quality becomes unsatisfactory, the UPS system immediately resumes double conversion until power quality returns to normal.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SU3000XLCD
Load Capacity: 3 kVA (2.7 W)
Power Factor: 0.9
Nominal AC Input: 100V; 110V; 120V; 127V (50/60 Hz)
Nominal AC Output: 100V; 110V; 120V; 127V(50/60 Hz)
Output Voltage Regulation (Line Mode): +/- 2%
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15/20R, 1 x L5-30R
Switched Outlet Banks: Two switchable four-outlet load banks
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with L5-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime (Included Batteries): 13.2 min. (1350 W load)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC96-3U)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack)
Compatible External Battery Packs: BP72V15-2U (limit 1); BP72V28RT-3U (multi-pack compatible); BP72V18-2US (multi-pack compatible)
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 line)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Contact Closure; Network Slot; EPO
Primary Form Factor: Tower
Dimensions: 10.2 x 9 x 19.5 in. (25.9 x 22.9 x 49.5 cm)
Unit Weight: 70.5 lb. (40 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC A (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 2-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.