- Features 5 RJ-45 ports with speeds up to 1000Mbps, which lets you move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster across your network.
- Complies with 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab and 802.3x wireless technology standards. Supports 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode.
- Auto-negotiation ports sense the link speed of each network device and intelligently adjust among 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps for simplified operation.
- LED indicator lights show system power, link status, speed and activity for each port.
- Energy-efficient technology conserves up to 65% of power by automatically budgeting power and powering down idle ports.
- Features steel housing for durability and a fanless design for quiet operation. Designed for desktop or wall-mounted placement.
- Plug-and-play design allows simple installation with no configuration needed. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables.
|maximum data transfer rate||1,000 Mbps|
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows 2000; Windows NT; Windows 98SE; Mac OS; Linux|
|plug and play||yes|
|dimensions||1"H x 3.9"W x 3.9"D|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|total recycled content||0%|
From the Manufacturer|
What This Product DoesThe TP-LINK 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch provides you with an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Plus, the TL-SG105 adopts innovative energy-efficient technology that can save up to 65% in power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
Gigabit SwitchFeatured with 5 10/100/1000Mbps ports, the TL-SG105 greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring. In this way, power users in the home, office, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
Go Green With Your EthernetYou now have the choice to go green when upgrading to a gigabit network. This new generation TL-SG105 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
• Power down Idle Ports
When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The TL-SG105 can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to a 65% reduction in power use.
• Power Budgeting According to Cable Length
Ideally, shorter cables would use less power because of less power degradation over their length. However, this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
Easy to UseAuto features make the TL-SG105 plug-and-play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables. Furthermore, Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
* Maximum power savings when compared to a TP-LINK conventional switch, the real saving rate may vary based on the usage condition.
|5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch||8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch||5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch||16-Port Gigabit Switch||24-Port Gigabit Switch|
|Number of Ports||5||8||5||16||24|
|Size||Desktop (6.5-inch)||Desktop (6.5-inch)||Desktop (4-inch)||19-inch||19-inch|
|IEEE 802.3X Flow Control||
|Plug and Play||
- Innovative energy-efficient technology saves power up to 65%
- Supports IEEE 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode
- Steel design, desktop or wall-mounting design
- Supports QoS (IEEE 802.1p) and IGMP snooping function
- Non-blocking switching architecture that forwards and filters packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput
- 9K Jumbo frame improves performance of large data transfers
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging
- Auto-negotiation ports provide smart integration between 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps hardware
- Fanless design ensures quiet operation
- Plug and Play design simplifies installation
- 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
|Standards and Protocols||IEEE 802.3/802.3u/ 802.3ab/ 802.3x|
|Interface||5 10/100/1000Mbps, Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX Ports|
|External Power Supply||100-240VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions (W X D X H)||3.9 x 3.9 x 1.0 in. (99.8 x 98 x 25 mm)|
|LED Indicator||System Power|
Link, Speed and activity indicators per port built into each RJ-45 port
|Advanced Features||Green Technology, saving power up to 65%|
802.3X Flow Control, supports QoS (IEEE802.1P), IGMP Snooping function
|Transfer Method||Store and Forward|
|Certification||CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Package Contents||5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch|
|System Requirements||Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, Mac® OS, NetWare®, UNIX® or Linux.|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F~104°F)|
Storage Temperature: -40°C~70°C (-40°F~158°F)
Operating Humidity: 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability