This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
Tripp Lite's SMART700SER is an intelligent, line-interactive UPS with DB9 serial port. It protects servers, networking accessories and telecommunications equipment from blackouts, voltage fluctuations and transient surges. Large internal batteries offer 16.9 minutes half load runtime and 5.9 minutes at full load during power failures. 700VA/450 watt power handling capability supports a variety of networking, telecom and various other application types, including the support of multiple network workstations. Includes a total of 6 UPS supported outlets. Supports remote monitoring of UPS and site power conditions via built-in DB9 serial port. PowerAlert UPS monitoring and unattended shutdown software is available for free download. Built-in audible alarm and 5 front panel LEDs indicate status of line power, battery power, battery low/replace, voltage regulation and load level. Wall mountable with user-supplied UPSWM wall-mount bracket. Network-grade AC surge suppression protects equipment from damage and performance problems resulting from transient surges. Attractive, small-footprint tower housing uses minimal floor or desktop space.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||6 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||20 Minute|
|Battery Life||6 Year|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778 (USA), cUL (Canada), FCC Class B (emissions), NOM (Mexico), Conforms to IEEE 587 / ANSI C62.41 specifications|
|cord length||7 ft|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||700 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||450 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Receptacles||6 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Status Indicators||Includes 5 front panel LEDs to indicate BATTERY CHARGE LEVEL, AC LINE POWER STATUS, VOLTAGE REGULATION STATUS, UPS LOAD LEVEL and BATTERY LOW / REPLACE information|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||22 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro Tower 700SER UPS; SMART 700SER UPS System; Monitoring cable; PowerAlert Unattended Shutdown and UPS/Power Monitoring Software; Instruction manual with warranty information|
SMART700SER SmartPro® Line-Interactive Tower UPS with Serial Port
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?
The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the serial (DB9) port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can always download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART700SER
Load Capacity: 700 VA (450 W)
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 6 x 5-15R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 7 ft. (2.2 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 16.9 min. (225 W Load)
Communications: Serial Port (DB9)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (2 x RBC52)
Primary Form Factor: Tower (Add UPSWM for wall-mount installation.)
Dimensions: 11.8 x 7.2 x 7.8 in. (30 x 18.3 x 19.8 cm)
Weight: 21 lb. (9.6 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, Monitoring Cable, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability