This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
Tripp Lite 5kVA Smart RM UPS. 5000VA line-interactive UPS for server, network and telecommunications equipment. UPS with internal batteries requires 3 rack spaces installed. Accepts 208V nominal input voltage. Simultaneous 208 & 120V output. Corrects brownouts and overvoltages from 167V to 260V. Sine wave output. Maintains battery-derived AC output during blackouts and severe voltage fluctuations. Expandable runtime with optional external battery packs. 11 output receptacles. NEMA L6-30P input connection with support for user-supplied 50A or hardwire input. Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Network management interfaces include USB, DB9 serial and slot for Network Management Card options. Supports simultaneous detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions via all network interfaces simultaneously. PowerAlert UPS monitoring software is available via free download. Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface. Integrated 8-bank switched PDU. 3-stage metered current monitoring and battery charge LEDs. Utility power and voltage regulation LEDs. Audible alarm. Self-test. 4-post rack mounting accessories included; 2-9USTAND and 2POSTRMKITHD accessories available. Field-replaceable, hot-swappable internal batteries and battery packs.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||8.50 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||20 Minute|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||Tested to UL1778 (USA); CSA C22.2 No. 107.3 (Canada); NOM (Mexico); Class A (Emissions)|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA L6-30|
|Input Current||27 A|
|Input Voltage||208 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||5000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||3750 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||208 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA L6-30P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|Receptacles||1 x NEMA L6-30R; 2 x NEMA L6-20R; 8 x NEMA 5-15/20R|
|software included||PowerAlert UPS Monitoring Software|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|Total Number of Expansion Slots||1|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||143.30 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro Series SMART5000XFMRXL 5000VA Tower/Rack Mountable UPS; SMART 5000XFMRXL UPS System; Poweralert Software and Cabling; Mounting hardware for 4-post rackmount installation; Warranty Information; Instruction manual|
SMART5000XFMRXL SmartPro® Line-Interactive Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with Expandable Runtime and Network Slot
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require pure sine wave power.
Pure Sine Wave OutputWhen operating from battery power, a UPS system generates the waveform of its AC output. Many UPS systems generate PWM sine wave power, an approximation of the pure sine wave power you receive from your electrical utility. Although PWM sine wave power is compatible with most equipment, pure sine wave power is required by some devices -- such as computers with active PFC power supplies -- and prevents others from overheating, malfunctioning or failing prematurely. This UPS system generates pure sine wave power for superior compatibility with active PFC power supplies and other sensitive equipment.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1875W) for up to 20 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
LED Control PanelThe intuitive multicolor LEDs display a variety of helpful and important information, including power status, voltage regulation status, connected load level, battery charge level and battery condition.
If you decide to install the UPS system in a tower configuration, you can rotate the control panel to match.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART5000XFMRXL
Load Capacity: 5 kVA (3750 W)
Power Factor: 0.75
Nominal AC Input: 208V (60 Hz)
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V; 208V (60 Hz)
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15/20R, 2 x L6-20R, 1 x L6-30R
Switched Outlet Banks: Eight switchable single-outlet 5-15/20R load banks
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with L6-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 20 min. (1875 W Load)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); 2 x Serial Ports (DB9); Network Card Slot; EPO
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC94-3U)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack)
External Battery Pack Compatibility: BP48V24-2U (limit 1); BP48V60RT-3U (multi-pack compatible); BP48V27-2US (multi-pack compatible)
Primary Form Factor: 3U Rack (Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. Add 2POSTRMKITHD for 2-post rackmount installation. Add 2-9USTAND for tower installation.)
Dimensions: 5.2 x 17.5 x 25 in. (13.2 x 44.5 x 63.5 cm)
Weight: 143.3 lb. (65 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, 4-Post Rack Installation Kits, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, PowerAlert Software, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability