StarTech.com 8 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART Item # 155526
Add 8 RS232 serial ports to your computer via a single PCI Express slot. The PEX8S952 8 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART allows you to turn a PCI Express slot into eight RS232 (DB9) serial connections using the included breakout cable.The serial card is based on a native chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed, and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards that use a PCI to PCIe bridge.The RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and MAC OS for easy integration into mixed environments.
|dimensions||2.6" Height x 3.5" Width x 0.8" Thickness|
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|Host Interface||PCI Express|
|package contents||Serial Adapter Card - PCI Express - Serial - 8 ports; 1 x 8 Port DB9 Break-out cable; 1 x Driver CD; 1 x Instruction Manual|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac|
|Ports Expandability||8 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-232 - Serial, Via Cable (Optional)|
|System Requirements||Operating System(s):Windows 8 (32/64bit); Windows 7 (32/64); Windows Vista (32/64); Windows XP (32/64); Windows XP Embedded; Windows CE 4.2; Windows CE 5.0; Windows CE 6.0; Windows 2000; Windows ME; Windows 98SE; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2003(32/64); Linux|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||2.05 oz|
|Show More ▾|
Add 8 RS232 serial ports to your computer via a single PCI Express slot
Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express design reduces overall load on the CPUThe serial card is based on a native single chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed, and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.