This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
Tripp Lite's SMART3000RMOD2U is a 3000VA / 3kVA 120V modular line interactive 2U rack / tower UPS for networks that offers complete network-grade power protection with full support for hot-replacement of separate internal battery and electronics modules. High .96 power factor supports loads up to 2880 watts. High efficiency rating of 95% reduces electrical operating cost and BTU emissions. Offers selectable 110/120/127V 50/60Hz operation. Maintains battery derived sine wave AC output during power failures.Line-interactive dual-boost, single cut automatic voltage regulation (AVR) provides regulated 110/120/127V nominal output during brownouts and overvoltages. Includes NEMA L5-30P input plug and 7 UPS-supported output receptacles (6 x 5-15R, 1 x L5-30R). Includes two individually controllable load banks, for advanced remote-reboot and load-shedding applications.Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Network management interfaces support simultaneous communications via USB, DB9 serial and card slot for optional SNMPWEBCARD and other card accessories. HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Supports detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions via all three network interfaces at once.Advanced LED indicators offer 5-stage metering of UPS load and battery charge levels, plus single-LED status indicators for utility power, voltage regulation, on-battery, overload, replace battery and site wiring fault conditions. Audible alarms provide notification of on-battery, low-battery and overload conditions. Includes PowerAlert auto-shutdown and management software for complete monitoring, reporting and logging of all site and UPS operational conditions, plus support for advanced configurations involving load-shedding, remote-reboot and redundant dual-UPS applications. Internal batteries offer runtime of 11 minutes half load (1440 watts) and 4 minutes at full load (2880 watts).
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||4 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||11 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778; CSA; FCC Part 15 Class A; NOM|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|form factor||Tower/Rack Mountable|
|Frequency Provided||50/60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA L5-30|
|Input Current||24 A|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||3000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||2880 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||110 V AC; 120 V AC; 127 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA L5-30P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|Receptacles||6 x NEMA L5-30R; 1 x NEMA 5-15R|
|software included||PowerAlert Software|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||87 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro SMART3000RMOD2U 3000VA Tower/Rack Mountable UPS; PowerAlert Software with USB, DB9 and EPO Cabling; 4 x Post Rack Mount Installation Accessories; Owner's Manual with Warranty Information|
SMART3000RMOD2U SmartPro® Line-Interactive Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with Hot-Swappable Power Module, Expandable Runtime and Network Slot
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts. This UPS system also has a high power factor (0.96), allowing you to connect more equipment to the UPS and circuit. A 3000 VA UPS with a typical 0.8 power factor can support a 2400W load, while a 3000 VA UPS with a high 0.96 power factor can support a 2880W load, an increase of 20 percent without a corresponding increase in circuit or space requirements.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require pure sine wave power.
Pure Sine Wave OutputWhen operating from battery power, a UPS system generates the waveform of its AC output. Many UPS systems generate PWM sine wave power, an approximation of the pure sine wave power you receive from your electrical utility. Although PWM sine wave power is compatible with most equipment, pure sine wave power is required by some devices -- such as computers with active PFC power supplies -- and prevents others from overheating, malfunctioning or failing prematurely. This UPS system generates pure sine wave power for superior compatibility with active PFC power supplies and other sensitive equipment.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1440W) for up to 11 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Hot-Swappable UPSThis UPS system also includes a hot-swappable power module to provide higher system availability. You can completely remove the power module for maintenance, repair or replacement without requiring downtime. The AC input cord remains connected to the AC input power source and the outlets continue to supply power to connected equipment.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the LED control panel for comprehensive local management. Intuitive multicolor LEDs display a variety of helpful and important information: During normal operation, the central bar meter displays the connected equipment load as a percentage of maximum capacity. During an outage, the central bar meter displays the percentage level of battery charge remaining. Other diagnostic LEDs indicate UPS system operational status, including normal operation, automatic voltage regulation and on-battery operation. If you decide to install the UPS system in a tower configuration, you can rotate the control panel to match.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
- ENERGY STAR Certification: This UPS system has ENERGY STAR certification. It helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment by meeting strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART3000RMOD2U
Load Capacity: 3 kVA (2.88 kW)
Power Factor: 0.96
Nominal AC Input: 110V; 120V; 127V (50/60 Hz)
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 120V; 127V (50/60 Hz)
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15/20R, 1 x L5-30R
Switched Outlet Banks: Two switched outlet banks. Bank one has 2 (5-15R) outlets, bank two has 4 (5-15R) outlets.
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with L5-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 11 min. (1440W Load)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Network Card Slot; EPO
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC96-RMOD2U)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack. Load capacity is reduced to 2.4 kW with external battery pack connected.)
External Battery Pack Compatibility: BP72V15-2U (limit 1); BP72V28RT-3U (multi-pack compatible); BP72V18-2US (multi-pack compatible).
Primary Form Factor: 2U Rack (Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. Add 2POSTRMKITWM for 2-post rack or wall-mount installation. Add 2-9USTAND for tower installation.)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 17.5 x 24 in. (8.9 x 44.5 x 61 cm)
Unit Weight: 87 lb. (39.5 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); ENERGY STAR; RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, PowerAlert Software, Manual
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability