HP LaserJet M506N Laser Printer - Monochrome - Plain Paper Print - Desktop Item # 165509
Provides high-speed printing for your office or home
- USB and parallel interfaces for simple connectivity.
- Prints up to 27 pages per minute (ppm) in black.
- Up to 600 x 2400 dpi resolution for crisp images.
- Compatible with a variety of media. Prints on letter, legal, executive, A4, A5, A6 and B5 sizes with support for paper from 3 1/2" x 5 13/16" to 8 1/2" x 14", as well as C5, DL, Com 9, Com 10 and Monarch envelopes.
- Fully enclosed 250-sheet paper tray with a single-sheet manual feed slot.
- 40,000 sheet monthly volume.
- 32MB of built-in memory for improved print speeds. Expandable to 288MB (additional memory sold separately).
- Compatible with select PCs and Macs.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty.
|automatic document feeder capacity||600 sheets|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|maximum black and white print speed||45 ppm|
|maximum monthly volume||150,000 pages per month|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP SP3 32-bit editions; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Pro; Windows Vista all 32-bit editions; Windows Vista Professional, etc; Windows 7 all 32 editions; Windows 8; Windows 8.1 32- & 64-bit editions; Windows 10 32- & 64-bit; Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion; OS X 10.9 Mavericks; OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x)|
|power source||AC Supply|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Up to 45 ppm Blackm1
Finish tasks faster with a printer that starts right away and helps conserve energy.h1 Multi-level device security helps protect from threats.h7 Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence and this printer produce more high-quality pages.h2
Trust your printer is secure from power-up to power-down. Get strong protection for devices, data, and documents with embedded and optional security features while centrally managing your entire printer fleet.h7
Bring out the best in your printer. Print more high-quality pages than ever before,h2 using specially designed Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence. Count on the authentic HP quality you paid for—something the competition can’t match.
Compact design lets this printer fit into small spaces
Print the first page from sleep mode as fast as 8.0 seconds
Get more pages, performance, and protection out of your printer—using Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence.
Protect sensitive business data with embedded and optional HP JetAdvantage security solutions.
This printer is optimized for low energy consumption
Print from a variety of smartphones, tablets and laptops
Save time by refilling paper less often with an optional paper input tray.
Print right away with Instant-on Technology.
- HP LaserJet M506 Printer
- Introductory HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~6000 pages)
- CDs containing software and electronic documentation
- Warranty Guides
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Yes, 1 USB (AP Only)
- Print speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 45 ppm
- First page out black (letter, ready)
- As fast as 5.9 sec; As fast as 11.3 sec (100 V)
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 150,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 2000 to 7500
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- 4-line LCD (color graphics)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified
- Wireless capability
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32- & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com): Windows XP SP3 32- & 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32- & 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32- & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from http://www.hp.com and Apple Store): OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x); Other OS: UNIX
- Memory, standard
- 512 MB
- Memory, maximum
- 1.5 GB
- Hard disk
- Optional, 500 GB minimum encrypted hard disk drive
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose Tray 1, 550-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling input, optional
- Up to 3 optional 550-sheet paper feeders
- Paper handling output, standard
- 250-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Finished output handling
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: Letter, legal, executive, 4 x 6, 5 x 8, 8.5 x 13, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch); Tray 2: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13; Optional trays 3+: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in; Optional Automatic Duplexer: letter
- Media sizes, custom
- Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 550-sheet input Tray 2: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in; optional 550-sheet input Tray 3+: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; cardstock; transparencies; user-defined
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified; Blue Angel; CECP; EPEAT®
- Operating temperature range
- 59 to 90.5°F
- Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.46 x 25.16 x 11.73 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.46 x 25.16 x 11.73 in
- 25.5 lb
- NA/EMEA: One-year, next-business day, onsite warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. Go to hp.com/support to learn about HP award winning service and support options in your region; AP: One year return to bench
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Based on HP internal testing of top three leading competitors’ first page out from sleep mode and duplex print speed completed 8/2015. Subject to device settings. Actual results may vary. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/Ljclaims h5 Based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) method or as reported in energystar.gov versus the top three leading competitors as of 8/2015. Actual results may vary. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/Ljclaims h4 Purchase of optional paper trays required to reach maximum input capacity. h7 Some features require additional purchase. A FutureSmart service pack update may be required to activate security features. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/printsecurity h2 More pages versus predecessor cartridges claim based on page-yield comparison of HP 55X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridges with HP 87X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies h11 Wireless direct printing is standard on the HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x only. Requires purchase of optional HP Jetdirect 3000w NFC/Wireless Direct Accessory for the HP LaserJet Enterprise M506n/dn. Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the WiFi network of a wireless direct–capable MFP or printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/businessmobileprinting h10 Wireless networking requires purchase of the HP Jetdirect 2900nw Print Server. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.