D-Link DIR-890L IEEE 802.11ac Ethernet Wireless Router Item # 166403
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Smartphones, laptops, tablets, phones, Smart TVs, game consoles and more - all being connected at the same time. With tri-band technology and speeds up to 3.2 Gbps, it delivers the necessary ultra-performance to power even the most demanding connected homes, making it the best wireless home router for gaming.The AC3200 ULTRA Wi-Fi router is like three wireless routers in one. It has a 2.4 GHz wireless band offering speeds up to 600 Mbps and two separate 5 GHz wireless bands delivering speeds up to 1,300 Mbps that all operate at the same time. That means more lag free online gaming, 4k media streaming, and Facetime on more devices throughout your home.Not all Wi-Fi bands are the same, but you don't need to worry about that. With smart connect technology, the ULTRA Wi-Fi router chooses from the three Wi-Fi bands and automatically connects each device on your network to the best, clearest band available for the best connection every time.
|Broadband Transmission Technology||Ethernet|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc|
|Number of External Antennas||6|
|package contents||AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router; Quick Installation Guide and warranty documents; Power Adapter; Ethernet Cable; Wi-Fi Configuration Card|
|ports||4 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 broadband (RJ-45); 1 USB|
|UNII Maximum Frequency||5 GHz|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||3200 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Ultimate Wi-Fi Performance
AC3200 speed for a ridiculously fast home network.
Advanced AC SmartBeam
Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range.
Two 5GHz and one 2.4GHz for maximum possible speed for each device.
Distributes traffic using band steering technology for optimal Wi-Fi performance.
Remote Access & Management
Manage your network from your smartphone or tablet.
1GHz Dual-Core Processor
Faster network speed for a more powerful router.
Tri-Band means more Wi-Fi for your devices
The AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router is like three wireless routers in one. It has a 2.4GHz wireless band offering speeds up to 600Mbps and two separate 5GHz wireless bands delivering speeds up to 1,300Mbps that all operate at the same time. That means more lag free online gaming, 4k media streaming, and Facetime on more devices throughout your home.
Not all Wi-Fi bands are the same, but you don't need to worry about that. With Smart Connect Technology, the Ultra Wi-Fi Router chooses from three Wi-Fi bands and automatically connects each device on your network to the best, clearest band available for the best connection every time.
Smart Beam Forming
Improves coverage by directing bandwidth to your devices as you move around your home. You can stream HD video, surf the web, skype your friends and play online games from wherever you are so you'll always get the best experience.
Controlling Your Network Just Got Easier
Controlling your network by enabling parental controls, blocking unwanted devices, monitoring internet activity and creating Wi-Fi guest networks is easier than ever with our new interface.
Intelligently selects the fastest Wi-Fi for every device and prevents older devices from affecting optimal performance.
More Antennas for More Coverage
Six high performance external antennas keep all of your mobile devices connected with stronger Wi-Fi coverage and superior performance.
More Processing Power
A 1GHz Dual Core Processor gives you all the processing power you need to support more devices and apps in your home. Experience the ultimate in lag free gaming and 4K media streaming.
Use our free mydlink SharePort app to stream and share pictures, videos, and more to your mobile devices.
Ultimate Gaming Experience
You are a gamer. A streamer. A competitor. Connect with something mighty enough to keep up with you. The AC3200 features powerful networking technology so you can do more and lag less.
- 11AC Wi-Fi – World’s fastest Wi-Fi speeds of up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1300Mbps (5Ghz) + 1300Mbps (5Ghz)
- 1GHz Processor – Fast and reliable wireless, Ethernet and USB performance
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports - Ensures the best wired online experience for HD streaming and gaming
- Whole-Home Coverage – 11AC technology extends wireless range further than with Wireless N
- High-Powered Antennas – 6 external antennas amplify wireless signal
- Traffic Prioritization – Advanced QoS engine distributes traffic optimally across both wireless bands to guarantee the best performance
- Tri-Band Technology – Decreases wireless interference and congestion, allowing you to connect more devices
- Band Steering – Automatically assigns devices to the less crowded 5 GHz network to increase bandwidth efficiency and availability
- Advanced AC SmartBeam – Unique beamforming technology dramatically enhances wireless signal strength and range
- DLNA Enabled (Compatible) – Play and share your media on any DLNA devices, such as TVs, gaming consoles, smartphones and more
- Multiple USB Ports – One standard USB 2.0 port plus one USB 3.0 port with speeds up to 10x faster than 2.0
- mydlink SharePort App – Remotely stream and share movies, music, pictures and more from your connected USB hard drive
- SharePort Utility – Access and share a USB printer, scanner or storage device over your home network
- Easy To Install – Installation wizard manually walks you through setup in minutes
- Quick Router Setup (QRS) App – Easy setup app for smartphones and tablets
- mydlink Lite App – Free mobile app with ability to monitor, control & troubleshoot your home network
- WPS Push Button Setup – Quickest method of connecting devices with the push of a button
- Zero Configuration – Once router is setup, other D-Link Zero Configuration devices can easily and instantly connect
- L2TP Over IPSec VPN Server Support – Transmit data securely when connected remotely
- Parental Controls – Create online access schedules and block/allow specific websites and/or devices
- Guest Wi-Fi Network – Enable a public or encrypted wireless guest network
- Secure Wi-Fi Encryption– WPA/WPA2 provides highest level of wireless security
• 802.11 a/g/n/ac wireless LAN
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN Ports
• 10/100/1000 Gigabit WAN Port
• Two USB ports (one USB 3.0, one USB 2.0)
|Standards||• IEEE 802.11ac|
|Minimum System Requirements||
• Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7 , or Mac OS® X (v10.7)
• Ethernet Network Interface
• Internet Explorer® 11, Mozilla® Firefox® v28, Google Chrome v33, or Safari v7
• For optimal performance, pair the DIR-890L with an AC adapter
• Cable, DSL or Fiber Optics
• Guest Zone
• mydlink SharePort™ web access
• Multi-language web setup wizard
• Green Ethernet
• DLNA media server support
• Advanced AC SmartBeam
• Dual active firewall:
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• VPN Passthrough (PPTP/L2TP/IPsec)
• Advanced QoS
• Quick VPN - L2TP over IPsec
|mydlink® Lite Mobile App Features||
• Remote Management
• View current upload/download bandwidth
• View currently connected clients
• View web browsing history per client
• Block/unblock client network access
• Manage wireless network details
• Accessible through a web browser or iOS or Android mobile app
|Mobile App Support||
• mydlink lite
• mydlink SharePort
|• QRS Mobile v1.5|
|Wireless Security||• WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)||• Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN/PBC|
|Firewall||• SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)||• NAT (Network Address Translation)|
|Dimensions||• 15.23 x 9.73 x 4.7 inches|
|Power||• Input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz||• Output: 12 V DC, 5A|
|Temperature||• Operating: 32 to 104 °F||• Storage: -4 to 149 °F|
|Humidity||• Operating: 0% to 90% non-condensing||• Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing|
• FCC Class B
• Wi-Fi Certified
• IPv6 Ready1
• Wireless AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router
• Quick Installation Guide and warranty documents
• Power Adapter
• Ethernet Cable
• Wi-Fi Configuration Card
|Warranty||• 1-Year Limited Warranty2|
Router Comparison Chart
- 1 DLNA compatibility with more devices will be available in the future
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA.