TP-LINK AV500 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender, TL-WPA4220 Item # 169289
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
TP-Link's TL-WPA4220 extends your Internet connection to every room of the house through your home's existing electrical circuitry. The TL-WPA4220 features a Wi-Fi clone button enabling super range extension, which means it can automatically copy the SSID and Password of your router. In this way, TL-WPA4220 simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and allows for seamless roaming within your home network.
- Extends your Internet connection to every room of your house through your home's existing electrical circuitry.
- Up to 300 Mbps network speeds ensure rapid and efficient operation.
- Features a Wi-Fi Clone Button, which enables Super Range Extension, automatically copying the SSID and password of your router.
- Enjoy flexible placement options thanks to an outdoor antenna range up to 984.3' and wall-mountable design.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|connector type||Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|dimensions||3.7"H x 2.1"W x 1.6"D|
|form factor||Wall Mountable|
|Frequency Band||2.48 GHz|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|maximum data transfer rate||300 Mbps|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 8|
|Outdoor Antenna Range||984.3 ft|
|plug and play||yes|
|Powerline Transmission Speed||62.50 MB/s|
|Powerline Transmission Standard||HomePlug AV|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems:Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows 2003; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X; Linux|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Security||128-bit AES; WEP; WPA; WPA2; WPA-PSK; WPA2-PSK|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
300Mbps AV500 WiFi Powerline Extender1 The TL-WPA4220 instantly expands wired and wireless network connections to hard-to-reach areas of your home and office, bypassing the limitations of traditional range extender solutions by using HomePlug AV technology. It establishes a stable Powerline network connection through existing electrical wiring while devoting the full extent of its wired and wireless capability to network client devices.
*Note: You need an additional powerline adapter or existing powerline network to successfully use this device and extend an internet connection.
One Touch - Extend Your RangeSet up in a matter of seconds by using the Wi-Fi Clone button to copy your router’s wireless network name and password. Move it to any other location and enjoy a seamless network throughout your home
Better Performance than Wi-Fi Only Range ExtendersPowerline Wi-Fi Range Extenders provide better performance than their Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders counterparts due to innate technological differences.
Powerline Wi-Fi Range Extender Kit
- The TL-WPA4220KIT connects to your network from a distance of up to 1000ft of electrical wiring using HomePlug AV technology. Since placement is not limited to areas where a Wi-Fi network already exists, you are able to generate more overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders
- Traditional Wi-Fi Range Extenders reproduce an existing Wi-Fi signal to generate greater Wi-Fi coverage. However, they need to be placed in areas where existing Wi-Fi is at or above three bars of signal strength. Less than three bars will degrade overall signal quality and throughput, while more than three bars creates a stronger replicated signal, but will reduce overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Up to 500Mbps - Ideal for HD Video StreamingWith advanced HomePlug AV technology, TL-WPA4220 provides you with stable, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 500Mbps on a line length of up to 1000 feet. It is a great choice for a whole home solution to connect all network compatible devices--from computers and game consoles to printers, NAS hard drives, and set-top boxes for IPTV.
- Powerline Ethernet Adapter TL-WPA4220
- 6.5 ft. (2 m) Ethernet cable (RJ45)
- Resource CD
- Quick Installation Guide
Need assistance setting up your TP-LINK device? Our team is here 24/7 to provide toll-free technical support. Whether you bought a TP-LINK product yesterday or years ago, we can help with product setup and configuration at no extra charge. Plus, our 2-year warranty grants you worry-free service for peace of mind.
- Wi-Fi Clone Button simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and helps build a seamless unified home network
- HomePlug AV standard providing up to 500Mbps high speed data transmission over a home’s existing electrical wiring, ideal for lag-free HD or 3D video streaming and online gaming
- Extend 300Mbps Wireless connections to previously hard-to-reach areas of your home and office
- Two Ethernet ports allow your TVs, game consoles, or PCs connect to the Internet
- Up to 300-meter range over the household power circuit
- Easy to install, just plug in and play
- 128-bit AES encryption easily at a push of "Pair" Button
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizing IPTV streaming
- 1 The terms “AV500” and “500Mbps,” are derived from applicable specifications and refer to the theoretical maximum physical-layer data transfer rate. Those terms are used on this product solely to indicate its compatibility with other “AV500” or “500Mbps” PowerLine devices. Actual data speeds vary and are limited by the product’s Ethernet port and other network conditions such as data traffic, electrical noise, and wiring issues. If you are uncertain about your network conditions, you should consult an IT professional to assist in selecting a networking product.