Carson-Dellosa® Using Primary Sources Workbook, Grade 1 Item # 172263
The Evidence-Based Inquiry Using Primary Sources series engages students in a world of inquiry and discovery. Inquiry-based learning is active learning that elicits a higher level of reading comprehension. The pages of these books contain exciting and fascinating real-world photographs, advertising, recipe cards, theater programs, posters, letters and maps, as well as other interesting items that document history.
- The photos are of actual people, events, and symbols of another era.
- Primary sources are obtained from the Library of Congress.
- Accompanying text lends context to the photos and is offered at three readability levels to allow for differentiation.
- Each book highlights 15 primary sources across 4 pages each.
- The first 3 pages of each set present the same primary source with text that is differentiated for three reading levels.
- The last page of each set offers questions and prompts to encourage higher-level thinking and inquiry.
- Students will enjoy the primary source subjects, which range from old-time fire engines and building an igloo to Helen Keller.
|book title||Using Primary Sources, Grade 1|
|number of pages||64 pages|