This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series provides managed Layer 2 and Layer 3 gigabit connectivity at the edge layer of large campus networks. The 5500 SI provides PoE+ and modular 10GbE uplink connectivity to allow for scalable pay as you grow, network growth. Resilient Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP), Smart Link, and Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) deliver enterprise class reliability. The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
|Product Series||A5500G SI|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
HP 5500-24G SI Switch
|The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series provides managed Layer 2 and Layer 3 gigabit connectivity at the edge layer of large campus networks. The 5500 SI provides PoE+ and modular 10GbE uplink connectivity to allow for scalable pay as you grow, network growth. Resilient Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP), Smart Link, and Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) deliver enterprise class reliability. The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.|
Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series delivers managed Layer 2 and Layer 3 gigabit connectivity at the edge layer of large campus networks.
- The HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) virtualizes up to four physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks, IPv6 support, and static routes and RIP.
- Provides scalable stacking with modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 740 W of PoE+ power from internal power supply.
- No software licensing required.
Quality of Service (QoS) for Traffic Control
- The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series supports advanced, classifier-based QoS which sorts traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information.
- You can apply QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Provides traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), and SP+WRR for increased flexibility.
Authentication Security Control
- The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater policy-driven application security.
- Identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACL allows access to specific network services without risking network security.
- Security features include: Port security and isolation, DHCP protection, STP BPDU port protection, and RADIUS/HWTACACS.
Single View of the Network
- The HPE 5500 SI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON, and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- Separate data and control paths: separates control from services and keeps service processing isolated; increases security and performance
- External redundant power supply: provides high reliability
- Smart link: allows 50 ms failover between links
- Spanning Tree/MSTP and RSTP: provide redundant links while preventing network loops
- Rapid Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP): connects multiple switches in a high-performance ring using standard Ethernet technology; traffic can be rerouted around the ring in less than 50 ms, reducing the impact on traffic and applications
- 16K MAC address table: provides access to many Layer 2 devices
- VLAN support and tagging: supports IEEE 802.1Q with 4,094 simultaneous VLAN IDs
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- IEEE 802.1ad QinQ and selective QinQ: increase the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connect multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network
- 10GbE port aggregation: allows grouping of ports to increase overall data throughput to a remote device
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): determines the MAC address of another IP host in the same subnet
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): simplifies the management of large IP networks; supports client; DHCP Relay enables DHCP operation across subnets
- Loopback interface address: defines an address in Routing Information Protocol (RIP) that can always be reachable, improving diagnostic capability
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) helper function: allows UDP broadcasts to be directed across router interfaces to specific IP unicast or subnet broadcast addresses and prevents server spoofing for UDP services such as DHCP
- Route maps: provide more control during route redistribution; allow filtering and altering of route metrics
(24) autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(4) dual-personality ports - autosensing 10/100/1000BASE-T or SFP
(2) port expansion module slots
Supports a maximum of 24 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
|Memory and processor||
128 MB SDRAM
Packet buffer size: 2 MB
16 MB flash
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.2 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 2.6 µs
|Throughput||up to 107.2 million pps|
|Routing/switching capacity||144 Gbps|
|Stacking capabilities||IRF, with 4 switches|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
|Input voltage||100 - 240 VAC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||80 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||273 BTU/hr (288.02 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.32 x 11.81 x 1.72 in|
- (1) HPE 5500-24G SI Switch with 2 Interface Slots
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability