This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
- Home /
- Product Details
- USB interface allows convenient connectivity.
- PC and Mac compatible to suit your office needs.
- Web access to your files allows simple use.
- Pocket-size design allows easy portability.
- 1TB storage capacity provides plenty of room for your files.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|rotational speed||5400 rpm|
|storage capacity||1 TB|
|maximum data transfer rate||5 Gbps|
|System Requirements||Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 PortOperating System(s):; Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows XP; Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.6 or above); Mac OS X Lion; Mac OS X Mountain Lion|
|Features||Password Protection; 256-bit AES Encryption|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||Canvio Connect|
|package contents||Canvio Connect Hard Drive; USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0); Quick Start Guide; Two-year Limited Warranty|
|Product Name||Canvio Connect Hard Drive|
|buffer size||8 MB|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||5400|
|Full Product Specifications||Click to view|
|dimensions||3.11" x 0.59" x 4.37"|
|Average Seek Time||12 ms|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|
Canvio® Connect Product Images
- How secure are portable hard drives from Toshiba?
- Storing your files to portable hard drives, like the Canvio Connect from Toshiba, can be scary especially if you have confidential files. However, you can set up security settings on these portable drives as you can with computers. It is worth it to put your files on here, especially if you travel with your computer. You can easily store a portable hard drive in your home safe.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Canvio® Connect Product Video
Canvio® Connect Product Overview
Any file. Any device. Anywhere.The line of Canvio® Connect portable hard drives make it easy to backup and share digital content from any location. With up to two terabytes (2TB) of storage available, consumers can simply connect the Canvio® Connect to their laptop or desktop PC to store, backup, access and share files.
Backup Like That!Unlike other solutions, the Canvio® Connect makes it simple to back up not just files and folders, but your whole system—or customize your backups to your exact needs. Secure your backups with password protection. Schedule automatic backups3. Or, store on the Cloud1 for total assurance, and for your convenience, we've included 10GB free Cloud storage for storing you most important “always accessible” files4.
Expanded Access, Sharing and MobilityJust plug it in and the Canvio® Connect turns any PC2into a great storage, sharing and backup solution. Now, no matter where you are you can upload and download photos, music, movies and even the largest of files from any PC, smartphone or tablet over the Internet. Plus, the Canvio® Connect is compact and easy to bring along.
Simplified Set-UpYou might think a device this versatile would be hard to use. But, no. Just plug it in and it’s ready to go—for PCs or Macs®. And because the NTFS drivers for Mac are included you can store and access your files on your PC and Mac without reformatting the drive. It’s USB 3.0- and USB 2.0-compatible, for speed and convenience. It also comes with its own pre-loaded backup-and-share application; so there’s no need to buy extra hardware or software.
Smart StorageToday’s Ultrabooks™ and mobile devices can often benefit from external storage. And everyone should have a backup solution. The Canvio® Connect steps right in, offering up to an incredible two terabytes (2TB) of capacity to hold a ton of your important documents, digital memories and entertainment—all in one convenient place.
Assurance Times TwoLike all Toshiba products, the Canvio® Connect portable hard drive is designed from the ground up with your needs in mind, then tested again and again for reliability. You can count on it to perform as advertised—every time. That’s why it comes with a solid two-year limited warranty.
1 One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (1TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB= 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system and other factors.
2 The preloaded NTI Backup Now EZ software is compatible with Windows® OS only.
3 Free 30-day trial of cloud backup included.
4 Reformatting to HFS+ required for use with Time Machine® software.
5 Includes free downloadable copy of Pogoplug® PC with 10GB of free cloud storage. Internet connection required for remote access
SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
SuperSpeed USB delivers effortless audio/video streaming, music and photos to your home, office, car, and anywhere in between. SuperSpeed USB transfers data up to 5Gbps, up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB. SuperSpeed USB works with all USB products. It’s backward compatible with USB 2.0.
USB 3.1 SpecificationThe USB 3.1 specification includes definitions for both 5Gbps (Gen 1) and 10Gbps (Gen 2) data rates:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 – SuperSpeed USB (Products signal at 5Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 – SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (products signal at 10Gbps)
Note: The terms USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 are synonymous
What the Logos Mean to YouTo use the SuperSpeed USB logo and icons, products must pass USB-IF certification testing to ensure they are built to meet the USB specifications and interoperate with other USB devices. This means you can be confident that Certified USB products will work with other Certified USB products. This content is being provided for educational purposes only and does not imply that the associated product has been certified. To confirm if a device has been certified, visit the www.usb.org website or look for the Certified SuperSpeed USB logo on the product or product packaging.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability