This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP ProLiant DL385p G8 2U Rack Server - 2 x AMD Opteron 6344 Dodeca-core (12 Core) 2.60 GHz - 32 GB Installed DDR3 SDRAM - Serial ATA/300, 6Gb/s SAS Controller - 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 RAID Levels - 2 x 750 W Item # 206668
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Performance and flexibility that mean business for your business needs. The HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server sets the price/performance leadership standard for this generation of servers. With Gen8 designed-in quality, serviceability, performance and enhanced configuration flexibility, this customer-inspired design offers the perfect solution for virtualization, database, and dynamic computing workloads.
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Certifications & Standards||ACPI 2.0b Compliant; PCI 2.0 Compliant; PXE Support; WOL Support; Microsoft Logo Certifications; FCC Rating Class A; CISPR 22; EN55022; EN55024; FCC CFR 47, Pt 15; ICES-003; CNS13438; GB9254; K22; K24; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Oracle Solaris; VMware; Citrix XenServer|
|controller type||Serial ATA/300; 6Gb/s SAS|
|Effective Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Environmental Certification||EU WEEE; REACH|
|Ethernet Ports||4 x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Maximum Memory||768 GB|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage||750 W|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||SD|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Number of External 5.25" Bays||1|
|Number of Internal 2.5" Bays||8|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||3|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||3|
|Number of Power Supplies Installed||2|
|Number of Processors Installed||2|
|Number of Processors Supported||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||9|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||6|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||24|
|operating system details||none|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|package contents||ProLiant DL385p G8 Server; High Voltage Server to PDU Power Cord|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 8 USB 2.0|
|Processor Core||Dodeca-core (12 Core)|
|processor speed||2.60 GHz|
|Product Series||DL385p G8|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 10, 50|
|RAM Supported||PC3-12800 - 384 GB registered ¦ PC3-10600 - 768 GB Load-Reduced ¦ PC3-10600 - 384 GB - low voltage - registered|
|Rated Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||32 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||Smart Array P420i with 1GB FBWC|
|Total Number of USB Ports||8|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||60.98 lb|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Show More ▾|
HPE ProLiant DL385p Gen8 6344 2P 32GB-R P420i/1GB Hot Plug 8 SFF 2x750W PS Svr
|Performance and flexibility that mean business for your business needs. The HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server sets the price/performance leadership standard for this generation of servers. With Gen8 designed-in quality, serviceability, performance and enhanced configuration flexibility, this customer-inspired design offers the perfect solution for virtualization, database, and dynamic computing workloads.|
What is New
Redefining the Customer Experience with HP ProActive Insight architecture
- User-inspired design features that prevent data loss, reduce downtime, and improve serviceability include HP SmartDrives, "Snap and Go" rail kit options, and tool-less access to components.
- Integrated Lifecycle Automation provides intuitive system management with simplified provisioning, proactive health monitoring and alerting, and automated firmware and system software maintenance.
- Dynamic Workload Acceleration converges storage, compute, and I/O to turbo-charge performance and resiliency while eliminating bottlenecks.
- Automated Energy Optimization reclaims space, power, and cooling resources needed for workloads and extends your data center capacity.
- HP proactive support services enable industry leading performance, uptime and productivity integrated into a personalized, simplified support experience.
Unlock your Infrastructure’s Potential with HP’s Easy-to-Use Integrated Management and Support
- HP iLO Management Engine is a complete set of embedded features, standard on all ProLiant Gen8 servers. Includes HP iLO, HP Agentless Management, HP Active Health System, HP Intelligent Provisioning, and HP Embedded Remote Support.
- HP Insight Control provides advanced management capabilities across the lifecycle of your HP ProLiant server infrastructure. HP iLO Advanced, a key component, provides enhanced remote server functions that reduce IT travel costs and decrease resolution time.
- HP Insight Online with HP Insight Remote Support provides 24X7 remote monitoring and anywhere, anytime personalized access to your IT and support status.
- HP SmartUpdate reduces deployment time and update complexity by systematically updating server infrastructure in the data center. Includes HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM), Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP), and other products.
Improved Performance and Capacity for Compute, Storage
- AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series Processors, providing new levels of performance and efficiency over the previous generation.
- HP SmartMemory prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling while improving workload performance and power efficiency.
- HP SmartDrive technology improves serviceability and prevents data loss with features such as icon-based status display and Do Not Remove LED.
Energy Efficiency by Design
- First in industry to include 3D array of sensors to help automate server efficiency and direct cooling and power as needed, saving on cooling costs.
- High efficiency 80+ certified HP Common Slot Redundant Power Supplies provide up to 94% efficiency (Platinum) and support HP’s Power Discovery Services.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate HP’s ongoing commitment to help customers conserve energy and save money.
|Processor||AMD Opteron™ Model 6344 (12 core, 2.6 GHz, 16MB L3, 115W)|
|Number of processors||2|
|Processor cache||16MB L3|
|Processor core available||12|
|Memory slots||24 DIMM slots|
|Memory type||2R x8 PC3-10600R-9|
|Memory protection features||
Memory Online Spare Mode
|Memory, standard||32GB (4x8GB) RDIMM|
|Optical drive type||None ship standard|
|Network controller||1Gb 331FLR Ethernet Adapter 4 Ports per controller|
|Storage controller||(1) Smart Array P420i/1GB FBWC|
For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
|System fan features||Hot plug redundant standard|
|Power supply type||(2) 750W Platinum Plus hot plug power supply kit Common Slot|
|Form factor chassis||Rack|
|Form factor (fully configured)||2U|
|Included hard drives||
None ship standard
Supports up to (8) SFF SAS/SATA/SSD hot plug drives
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SAS
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SATA
Hot plug LFF 3.5-inch SAS
Hot plug LFF 3.5-inch SATA
Hot plug SFF SSD
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management Engine, Insight Control (optional)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.54 x 27.5 x 3.44 in|