- Helps protect you from computer viruses, spam and social media dangers.
- Identity-theft protection helps keep your passwords and personal information private. Warns you about phishing sites and other scams attempting to obtain your private information.
- Automatic silent updates maintain optimum security levels.
- Norton Online Backup provides 25GB of secured online storage. Automatically backs up your files and recover from loss.
- Norton Utilities adjusts settings to improve your PC's performance. Also shortens start-up times.
|operating system compatibility||Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8|
|memory requirements||256 MB|
|minimum processor compatibility||1.0GHz|
|minimum hard disk space||300 MB|
|minimum resolution required||640 x 480|
|release date||September 2013|
|postconsumer recycled content||85%|
|total recycled content||85%|
From the Manufacturer|
Norton™ Internet Security, protection that allows you to go anywhere online safely with a mix of patented protection working together to repel online threats, social media scams, network invaders, viruses, and spam. Neutralizes today’s and tomorrow’s online threats while boosting PC performance.
Norton™ Online Backup automatically backs up your irreplaceable digital photos, financial info, and other important Stuff.
Combine that with Norton Utilities™ to fix common problems, free up memory, speed startup time, and boost program and overall system speed to help keep your PC running fast and error-free.
Norton™ Internet Security Video
Norton™ Internet Security Features
- A mix of patented protection neutralizes viruses, spam, network invaders, and unsafe downloads.
- Secures your passwords and personal information.
- Protects you from identity thieves, phishers, and dangerous websites, so you can go anywhere online safely.
- Warns you about social media scams and suspicious posts.
- Keeps you safe from both today’s and tomorrow’s threats.
- Reduces PC startup time.
- Cleans out hard-to-remove infections.
Repels online invadersActively protects you from viruses, spam, identity theft, and social media dangers.
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton™ users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- (+) Spam Blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails.
- Internet Protection System scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevent you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Antiphishing Technology blocks fraudulent “phishing” sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can’t be lost or stolen.
- (+) Parental Control feature helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Online Family.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it’s too late.
- Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook wall and news feed for URLs containing security threats such as phishing sites, malicious downloads, and links to unsafe external sites.
- (+) Intelligent 2-way Firewall prevents strangers from accessing your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be unsafe.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you
Protection from today’s and tomorrow’s threatsAutomatic silent updates keep you one step ahead of new and not-yet-invented threats.
- Always up-to-date product automatically downloads and installs important product and feature updates when you’re not using your computer.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties—to update, renew, fix, or install Norton. Includes Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family, and Identity Safe.
- Windows 8 Compatibility touch-friendly support works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
Faster startupEliminates the junk that slows PC startup.
- Defrag fixes common problems that can rob your computer of speed and power.
- (+) Startup Manager frees up PC memory and fine-tunes settings, so your computer starts up faster.
A powerful antidote for PC poisonDeep-cleansing tools scour and disinfect even the nastiest infections that lesser products miss.
- Norton Power Eraser scrubs your computer of deeply embedded, difficult-to-remove infections.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency rescue CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up. (Boot to a clean OS.)
- Windows 8 App Remediation scans Windows 8 apps for threats and removes them.
Live 24x7 Support gets you access to help online or by phone.1
- Live 24x7 Support gets you access to help online or by phone.1
Norton Utilities™ Product Tour
Norton Utilities™ Key Benefits
Fixes common PC problems and helps keep your computer running fast and trouble-free
Boosts your PC’s performance and helps it run like new again
- Finds and fixes Microsoft® Windows® issues to prevent PC freezes, crashes, and slow downs.
- Scans for potential problems that can cause your hard drive to crash.
- Helps you “rescue” accidentally deleted or damaged files that may still be hidden on your hard drive.
Cleans up your hard drive to help it run faster and give you more room for your Stuff
- Lets you turn off services and programs Windows automatically loads at startup, so your PC gets up and running faster.
- Safely defragments, repairs, and optimizes your Windows registry to help programs load faster and boost overall PC performance.
- Frees up PC memory, so you can run more programs simultaneously, without slow downs or crashes
Keeps your online activity private and helps prevent your personal information from being stolen
- Reorganizes (optimizes) files that are scattered across your hard drive, so your PC can find them faster.
- Finds all the duplicate files, so you can remove them.
- Removes the programs you don’t use.
- Permanently erases all record of your Web activities, so others can’t see what you do online.
- Lets you completely and permanently erase old, unwanted, and unneeded personal Stuff, so no one can access or retrieve it.
Norton Utilities™ Features
Primary FeaturesNEW! Duplicate File Finder: Finds all of the duplicate files scattered across your computer’s hard drive, so you can remove them and free up disk space for more of your Stuff.NEW! System Dashboard: Shows you step-by-step how to get your computer to run like new again.NEW! Application Uninstaller: Removes the programs you don’t use or take up too many resources.Speed Disk™: Brings together (defragments) and reorganizes (optimizes) files and data that have become scattered across your hard drive.Disk Doctor: Scans your hard drive and alerts you to problems that can cause computer errors and crash your hard drive.Disk Cleaner: Permanently erases all record of your computer and Web activities to protect your privacyRegistry Cleaner: Helps eliminate Windows Registry problems that can slow down your PC, trigger error messages, and cause Windows to crash.Registry Defragmenter: Removes gaps, free space, and corrupt files in your registry and compacts it to free up system memory and make your PC start up faster.Registry Restore: Makes a backup of the registry before making any repairs so you can easily undo them if necessary.Startup Manager: Lets you choose what programs load automatically when Windows starts to free up memory and improve PC startup time.
Secondary FeaturesService Manager: Improves startup time and reclaims system memory by letting you turn off unneeded system applications (also known as Windows services) that Windows automatically runs in the background.UnErase™ Wizard: Lets you quickly restore accidentally deleted files that may be hidden on your hard drive.Smart Updates: Silently and automatically install product upgrades.
Norton™ Online Backup Tour
Norton™ Online Backup Features
Keeps all of your irreplaceable digital photos, videos, music, financial documents, and other important Stuff safe from loss
- Automatically backs up your important files to our secured online data centers.
- Lets you quickly and easily restore your files—and your precious memories—in case of computer hard drive crashes, accidental deletion, theft of your computer, natural disasters, or other mishaps.
- Backs up files from up to five Windows® or Macintosh® computers with a single subscription.2
- Grows with your backup needs — you can easily add secured storage space as you need it.
Quickly and easily restore your backed up files to any computer
- Lets you retrieve your files, whenever you need them, from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Lets you transfer your secured backup files between both Macintosh® and Windows® computers, so you can easily copy your files to new computers.
- Automatically saves the previous versions of files backed up in the past 90 days, so you can restore older files if necessary.
- Keyword Search lets you quickly locate the exact file or files you want to restore or transfer to your other computers.
Rest easy, knowing your precious memories and important files are safe and highly secure
- Offers proven, professionally managed offsite backup from a trusted company that’s been protecting people and information for 25+ years.
- Protects your important and irreplaceable files with high-level encryption, both during backup and while stored in our secured data centers.
- Gives you complete control—you can manage and restore your backed up files through a secured, password-protected Web page, so they’re always available when you need them.
Save time, hassles, and money
- Does all the work for you—just set it and forget it.
- Works in the background, so it won’t interrupt you or get in your way.
- Backs up to secure online servers, eliminating the cost and hassle of buying and lugging around USB drives, flash drives, or memory cards that could easily be broken or misplaced.
- Automatically compresses files before backing them up for faster backups that use less storage space.
- Backs up only new files and files that have changed for faster backups.
- Professional-grade Online Backup: Safely and securely backs up your family’s irreplaceable digital photos and videos, music, financial documents, and other important Stuff from up to five computers1 to our professionally managed data centers.
- Automatic Backup: Does all the work for you. Automatically backs up the files you choose (certain files or your entire hard drive) at the time you select. No need to baby-sit. Just set it and forget it.
- Macintosh® and Windows® Support: A single subscription lets you back up files from up to five of your family’s computers, even if they run different platforms.
- Web-based Restore: Lets you quickly and easily restore your backed up files to any Windows or Macintosh computer connected to the Internet, through a password-protected Web page.
- File Transfer: Lets you transfer backed up files from one computer to another computer, even if they’re running different operating systems. Makes copying your files to new computers a breeze.
- Keyword Search: Lets you search backed up files by entering a keyword or search terms, so you can quickly and easily find the exact file or files you want to restore or copy to your other computers.
- Accidental Deletion Protection: Allows you to restore files that you may have mistakenly deleted.
- File Compression: Automatically compresses files before backing them up for faster backups and to save on storage space.
- File Versioning: Automatically saves the previous versions of your files for up to 90 days, so you can easily restore older files if necessary.
- Government-grade Encryption: Protects your files with ultra-secure 128-bit SSL encryption while your files are being sent over the Internet, and 256-bit AES “government-grade” encryption while your files are safely stored on our secured servers, so only you can see them.
- 1 Symantec provides free 24x7 chat and phone support for a period of one year. Continuing support is available with an active service period subscription. Renewing your service period subscription and updating to the latest product version may be required to access support. NortonLive Services sold separately. For full details and to access support, go to www.symantec.com/globalsupport.
- 2 1 Year Protection: With this service, you receive the right to use Norton Online Backup to store the specified volume of data from up to five of your family computers during the service period, which begins upon initial activation. The renewable service is subject to acceptance of the Terms of Service Agreement included with Norton Online Backup and available for review at www.symantec.com. Features may be added, modified, or removed during the service period.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability