This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
- Widescreen classroom projection with advanced connectivity and premium audio.
- 1920 x 1200 native WXGA resolution and 16:10 format.
- Long-lasting, low-cost lamps last up to 4,000 hours in Economy Mode (ECO) and 3,000 hours in normal mode.
- Get brighter colors and reliable performance with 3 LCD, 3-chip technology.
- High color brightness of 4,400 lumens and high white brightness of 4,400 lumens.
- Advanced network control — RJ-45 and optional wireless connectivity for remote projector management, presentations over the network and more.
- Allows for wireless sharing and compare student’s work from multiple devices, simultaneously, with Moderator device management software.
- Project wirelessly from an array of devices (wireless module sold separately). Compatible with iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ tablets and smartphones with the free Epson
|-014--upsell Short||Consider this projector for brighter text and images. Clarity shines through.|
|Color Supported||1.07 Billion Colors (10-bit)|
|contrast ratio||10000:1 (dynamic)|
|Economy Mode Lamp Life||4000 Hour|
|form factor||Ceiling Mountable|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||-20°/+20°|
|Input Scan Format||1080p|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Lamp Power||280 W|
|maximum diagonal image size||25 ft|
|Maximum Lens Aperture||F/2|
|maximum projection distance||29.36 ft|
|Minimum Diagonal Image Size||50"|
|Minimum Lens Aperture||F/1.51|
|Minimum Projection Distance||57.48"|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:10|
|native resolution||1920 x 1200|
|Normal Mode Lamp Life||3000 Hour|
|Number of Lamps||1|
|number of speakers||1|
|Operating Power Consumption||409 W|
|Output Scan Format||1080p|
|package contents||PowerLite 1980WU WUXGA 3LCD Projector; Power Cable; Computer Cable(VGA); Projector Remote Control; Batteries; CD With User Guide Link; Quick Setup Sheet; Warranty Card|
|Parts Warranty/Labor||3 Month - Lamp|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac|
|ports||1 audio line in; 1 audio line out; 1 composite video; 1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 HDMI; 1 USB; 1 VGA in; 1 VGA out|
|Projection Method||Ceiling; Front; Rear|
|Speaker Output Mode||Mono|
|Speaker Output Power||16 W|
|Speakers||1 x mixed channel|
|Standby Power Consumption||210 mW|
|Throw Ratio||1.38 to 2.28 Wide/Tele|
|Total Number of HDMI Ports||2|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||-30°/+30°|
|Video Signal Format||NTSC; PAL; SECAM|
|Video Signal Standard||HDTV|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||10.20 lb|
|white brightness (white light output)||4400 lm|
|Zoom Type||Manual Zoom|
From the Manufacturer|
PowerLite 1980WU WUXGA 3LCD ProjectorProject Full HD content onto the big screen.
The PowerLite 1980WU brings the big screen to entertainment venues. This portable powerhouse projects brilliant native WUXGA with Full HD 1080p support. Offering 3x Brighter Colors1 than competitive models, Epson® 3LCD projectors ensure vivid images. With 4400 lumens of color brightness and 4400 lumens of white brightness2, the 1980WU shines bright. WUXGA resolution makes it easy to display larger-than-life Full HD sporting events — up to 300". And, you can even turn your projector into a smart display, with instant access to movies, games and more from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets; plus, simultaneously charge your device when it’s plugged into the projector.
- One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness. The PowerLite 1980WU has:
White Brightness — 4400 lumens2
- Brilliant widescreen images up to 300" — native WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution, with Full HD 1080p support and DCDi® video processing; also features a 1.6x optical zoom
- Turn your projector into a smart display — get instant access to movies, games and more from MHL®-enabled smartphones and tablets; simultaneously charge your device when it’s plugged into the projector
- 2x HDMITM connectivity — for high-definition video and audio
- Split Screen — simultaneously project two images, video or still, side by side, from two different sources3
- Multi-PC projection and Moderator Function — connect up to 50 devices to view the display; display up to 4 different devices simultaneously4
- Remote network monitoring and control — plus Message Broadcasting and built-in schedule functions
Amazing image quality3x Brighter Colors with Epson1
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors1.
One brightness measurement (lumens) is not enough. A projector’s specification needs to show both high color brightness and high white brightness. If color brightness is lower than white brightness, images may be dark, dull and lose detail. If not provided, be sure to ask for a projector’s color brightness specification.
3LCD, the #1 projection technology in the world, has:
- Both high color brightness and high white brightness
- 3 chips for up to 3x Brighter Colors5 than 1-chip DLP projectors
- 25% lower power consumption for lower energy costs6
- 25 years of road-tested reliability
- A nationwide study reveals that 9 out of 10 people prefer images from 3LCD projectors7
Easy to useSimple Setup Suite from Epson
Epson projectors offer a suite of innovative features that ensure flexible placement and fast, easy setup.
- 2x HDMI — use with multiple high-definition A/V devices. (Compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-ray Disc® and media players)
- USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup — use a USB cable (not included) to instantly project content. View your projected presentation on the screen and your computer simultaneously
- 1.6x optical zoom — offers great positioning flexibility to fit large or small rooms
Quick, convenient control
- Instant Off® — quickly power down the projector, pack up and go
- Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) — pause your presentation without turning the projector off
- Direct Power Off/On — control your projector with the flip of a switch
Easy to connectAdvanced connectivity to a variety of devices
Stream 1080p content and mirror your mobile device.
- MHL — the latest in connectivity
- Display content with MHL- enabled smartphones, tablets and Roku® devices8
- Use the projector remote to control MHL- enabled devices
- Charge your MHL- enabled device when it’s plugged into the projector
- Get instant access to movies, games and more
Easily monitor and control networked Epson projectors using the included EasyMP® software.
- Schedule remote power on/off functionality; saves energy, money and time
- Check the status of each projector as part of your maintenance routine
- Remotely access maintenance alerts for connected projectors
- Crestron RoomView® enabled — monitor and control your projector with your existing RoomView software
- Display up to four different device screens simultaneously and control which device screens to display
- Connect to up to 50 Windows®, Mac®, iOS® or Android devices
- Share content side-by-side
- MHL — the latest in connectivity
1 Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
2 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3 Consult your user manual for input combinations.
4 Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
5 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color Brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
6 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2014. Average of 1243 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
7 9 out of 10 preferred images from leading 3LCD projectors over leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors. Leading projectors selected according to NPD data as of July 2013. Based on independent U.S. research conducted by Radius Research (July 2013).
8 Roku Streaming Stick™ allows you to watch content from popular Internet streaming services. Roku’s Streaming Stick only available in the U.S.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability