Dell™ B5460dn Monochrome Laser Printer Item # 250103
Easy network connectivity and security
- Prints up to 63 pages per minute in black and white (manufacturer speed ratings).
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp images.
- Prints on paper up to 8 1/2" x 14".
- Automatic 2-sided printing saves paper and money.
- 2 paper trays handle complex print jobs. 650-sheet total capacity.
- 275,000-sheet monthly volume.
- Network security features protect your data.
- 512MB built-in memory for large print jobs.
- PC and Mac compatible.
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity integrates easily into your office network.
- ENERGY STAR— For products that meet federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|Additional Warranty Information||Next Business Day On-site Service After Remote Diagnosis|
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|automatic document feeder capacity||650 sheets|
|connector type||Ethernet; USB-B|
|dimensions||16.3"H x 20.2"W x 16.7"D|
|Environmental Certification||EPEAT Silver|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|First Print Speed||4.4 Second Monochrome|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Language Emulation||PCL 5c; PCL 5e; PCL XL; PostScript 3; XPS|
|Max Resolution (B&W)||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum black and white print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum black and white print speed||63 ppm|
|Maximum Memory||2 GB|
|maximum monthly volume||275,000 sheets|
|Maximum Print Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Size||A4 - 8.27" x 11.69"|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Media Handling||1 x Input Tray 550 Sheet; 1 x Multipurpose Tray 100 Sheet; 1 x Output Tray 550 Sheet|
|Media Size||Letter - 8.50" x 10.98"; A4 - 8.27" x 11.69"; A5 - 5.83" x 8.27"; A6 - 4.13" x 5.83"; Executive - 10.51" x 7.24"; Folio - 8.27" x 12.99"; B5 (JIS) - 7.17" x 10.12"; Legal - 8.50" x 14.02"; Oficio - 8.50" x 13.39"; Statement - 8.50" x 5.51"; Universal; B5 Envelope - 6.93" x 9.84"; C5 Envelope - 6.38" x 9.02"; DL Envelope - 4.33" x 8.66"; Custom Size|
|media type||Plain Paper; Envelope; Label; Transparency; Specialty Paper; Card Stock; Letterhead; Bond Paper; Preprinted Paper; Color Paper; Light Paper; Heavy Media; Recycled Paper; Rough Paper; Cotton|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|number of colors||1|
|Number of Input Trays Supported||6|
|Number of Input/Multipurpose Trays Installed||2|
|number of paper trays||2|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows 7; Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows 8; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 6; Windows Server 2012; Mac OS x 10.5+ (10.8 web only); Linux; UNIX|
|package contents||B5460DN Laser Printer; 1 x Black Toner Cartridge; Power Cord; Quick Setup Sheet; Software & Instructions CD; Use and Return Tech Sheet; Product Information Guide; NoM Techsheet; Stability Sheet|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac; SPARC|
|power source||AC Supply|
|primary paper tray capacity||550 sheets|
|printing application||workgroup printing|
|processor speed||800 MHz|
|Product Name||B5460DN Laser Printer|
|RAM Installed (Max)||512 MB / 2 GB (max)|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|Standard Memory||512 MB|
|total paper tray capacity||650 sheets|
|USB Direct Printing||Yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Outstanding performance, value and scalability.Fast, cost-effective and reliable, the DellTM B5460dn mono laser printer offers optimal performance and advanced security features.
- Excellent savings: Low cost per page at only USD 1 cent per page1
- Expandability features: scalable for your evolving productivity needs
- Robust network security features to protect your data
- Windows® 8 and Windows RT compatible
- Excellent savings: Low cost per page at only USD 1 cent per page1
Powerful performance and outstanding valueThe Dell B5460dn printer features blazing speed, reliability and robust performance at a low cost.
- Low cost-per-page: Print at just US 1 cent per page (when using extra-high-yield 45,000 page cartridge.2 )
- Outstanding reliability: Offers a maximum high duty cycle3 of up to 275,000 pages per month, to easily meet high volume printing demands.
- Maximum network performance: Built-in gigabit Ethernet port for blazing data transfer.
- Fast speeds: Print of up to 63 pages per minute (ppm) (letter), 60 ppm (A4).4
- A powerful 800 Mhz Dual-Core processor and 512MB5 on-board memory generate a "first page-out" time of only 4.4 seconds
- Print directly from AndroidTM mobile devices using Dell Mobile Print6 , or from iOS mobile devices with AirPrintTM
Robust scalability to grow with your businessYour organization needs a printer that can handle your work load now and into the future. The Dell B5460dn offers expandable options to cater to your growing needs.
- Add up to 3 optional 550-sheet input paper trays and a 2100-sheet high-capacity feeder to allow a maximum of 4,400-sheet input paper handling. Upgrade output capacity to up to 2,050 sheets by adding the 1500-sheet stacker.
- Print on a variety of paper types including labels, envelopes, transparencies, heavy cardstock and perforated legal forms.
- Sort and stack printouts from different workgroups and facilitate document management with the optional 4-bin mailbox.
- The optional Staple Smart Finisher staples documents up to 50 sheets thick.
- Includes standard USB and Gigabyte Ethernet. Connect easily and print on fibre-channel networks by adding the optional Dell Fibre Interface Card Kit. An optional parallel, serial card kit and optional wireless server for 802.b/g/n wireless data transfer is also available7 .
- Improve the performance and functionality with the optional Hard Disk with encryption to protect user data.
Advanced security featuresProtect your organization’s valuable data with robust security features designed to let you confidently be productive.
- Confidential Print: Send sensitive documents to the print queue, where they’re held until a PIN is entered at the printer display for secure printing and pickup.
- Network data security: SNMPv3 and IPV6 protocols with IPsec encrypt data while the optional wireless card supports 802.1x wireless security.
- Access controls: Enable and disable printer functions and allow remote access via security templates.
- Physical security: Secure the entire printer with a Kensington lock. You can also use the optional lockable paper tray to protect costly or sensitive media, such as company letterheads (lock, cable and optional tray sold separately).
Intuitive design and simple managementThe Dell B5460dn printer makes operation and management easy with simple settings and a comprehensive printer management utility.
- Easily navigate and adjust menu settings with the intuitive 2.4 inch LCD.
- Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) for easy remote management.
- Eliminate the clutter on your PCs and streamline driver management with Dell Open Printer Driver (OPD).
- Monitor, manage and create reports for all Dell printers on your network with Dell OpenManageTM Printer Manager (OMPM) utility.
- 1 Cost per page (CPP) model assumes exclusive use of Extra High Yield Use and Return consumables after ship-with consumables run out. CPP calculation is based on list prices of Dell Extra High Yield Use and Return Toner (45,000 page yield).
- 2 Cost Per Page (CPP) model assumes exclusive use of extra-high yield consumables after ship-with consumables run out. CPP calculation is based on list prices of Dell extra-high yield toner (45,000 sheet yield).
- 3 Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of imaged outputs a device could deliver in a month. This metric provides a comparison of robustness in relation to other Dell printers and multifunction printers.
- 4 Measured in accordance with ISO IEC 27434/35 methodology. Actual print speeds will vary with use.
- 5 GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
- 6 The printer and the mobile device must be connected to the same wireless network.
- 7 For wireless printing, PC must have a wireless card or be connected to a wireless network and have the printer software installed for proper function.