About This Product
From the Manufacturer
The newest from Office.
Office Professional 2013 is designed to help you create and communicate faster with new, time saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them virtually anywhere.
The latest versions of all our best-in-class applications for use on 1 PC.
What it includes
- The latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, and Publisher.
- Office on one PC for business use.
- For 1 PC only.
- 7 GB of online storage in SkyDrive.
- Free Office Web Apps1 for accessing, editing, and sharing documents.
- An improved user interface optimized for a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- What's new in the most recent release of Office?
- The familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include updated features that help you create, communicate and work even more efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, we've developed subscription versions of Office for home and school, specifically designed for the way you use Office today. Each of these subscriptions include the latest versions of Office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, for PC or Mac. Plus offerings such as Skype world minutes and online storage with OneDrive.
- What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
- Microsoft Office is still the name we use for our familiar productivity software.Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. In this release all the Office 2013 suites, such as Office Home & Student 2013, include the latest versions of the Office applications, for use on a single PC. We use the name "Office 365" for products that include features enabled over the internet, such as additional online storage with OneDrive or Skype world minutes for home use. Office 365 business plans include features such as Lync web conferencing and hosted email for businesses. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, Office 365 University, and Office 365 Small Business Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis. Subscription terms vary by product.Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. Active subscribers receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
- How do I install Office Home & Student 2013, Office Home & Business 2013, or Office Professional 2013?
- Go to www.office.com/setup and follow the onscreen instructions to download the software to your computer. You can install Office on one PC.
- Can someone open Office 365 or Office documents using earlier versions of Office?
- Yes, a person with a previous version of Microsoft Office can easily open documents created with the latest release of Office. Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 365, or Office 2013 users can open documents created using the latest release of Office applications without any additional action. Customers using earlier versions of Office may need to download and install a compatibility pack.
- How long does it take to download and install Office?
- Office installs more quickly than ever, thanks to Click-to-Run, a streaming technology that lets you begin to use Office applications before installation is complete. All versions of the new Office use Click-to-Run. The actual download speed depends on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Should I install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office?
- The 32-bit version of Office is installed by default. Even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows, we recommend that you install the 32-bit version of Office, because it is more compatible with the applications and add-ins that work with Office. If you do want to install the 64-bit version of Office, you can do so by taking the following steps: Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University: Go to www.office.com/myaccount, click Languages and install options, and then click Additional install options. Other Office 365 plans: Log into your account at login.microsoftonline.com and choose the option to install the 64-bit version of Office.It is not possible to install both the 64-bit version and 32-bit versions of Office on the same computer.
- What is Office on Demand?
- Office on Demand comes with your Office 365 plan. It allows you to access your documents and settings and lets you use full-featured Office applications on PCs that dont have the latest version of Office installed on them, for example a PC in the library, at a business center, or one that you borrowed from a friend. The full-featured applications are accessible via a web browser, instead of being permanently installed on the PC Streaming speed depends on Internet connectivity speed. Once you close the applications, they are no longer available to other users of that PC. Documents you save to OneDrive will also no longer be available to other users, unless you saved them locally on the computer. You can use Office on Demand on a PC that is connected to the Internet and running Windows 7 or later.
- Are my documents stored on OneDrive also available offline?
- With the OneDrive desktop app installed on your computer, your documents are available offline without any action required from you. The OneDrive desktop app creates a folder on your computer that automatically syncs documents between your OneDrive storage in the cloud and your computer, so you can work on your documents offline and be assured that they are always in sync.
- Can I use Office languages other than the one I originally purchased?
- Your Office 365 subscription enables you to install Office in 40 different languages. If you have Office 365 Personal or Office 365 Home you can choose the language to install Office in by visiting www.office.com/myaccount. Not all languages will be available in all regions. Customer is limited to using Office in two languages at one time.
- Can I use Skype world minutes plan from my mobile phone?
- You can use Skype world minutes from any device where you have Skype installed, whether it's your mobile phone, tablet, TV, or other device, subject to country/region availability.
- For which devices will Office be available?
- Office supports PCs or Windows tablets running Windows 7 or higher, Macs with Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, and iPads running iOS 7.0 or higher. For information about mobile devices, see www.office.com/mobile.
- How do I install Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University?
- Visit www.office.com/myaccount on the PC or Mac that you want to install Office on, and then sign in with the Microsoft account that you used to purchase the subscription. Once signed in, click Install Office and follow the onscreen instructions. Please ensure you are signed in with the Microsoft account that you want to associate with your Office product.
- How do I make sure I always have the latest Office applications?
- Office 365 customers with active subscriptions always get the newest versions of the Office applications when they are available. When we release a new version of Office, you will be notified that you have the option to update your software to the latest version.
- How do I manage my Office 365 subscription?
- You can manage your billing information, install or remove Office from additional PCs or Macs, and manage your installations of Office on other devices at any time. Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University: Go to www.office.com/myaccount and follow the on-screen instructions. Other Office 365 plans: Log into your Office 365 account at login.microsoftonline.com to edit your profile as a user or manage your organization as an administrator.
- Is Internet access required for Office?
- Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Office 365 subscription plans. For subscription versions of Office including Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, and Office 365 University you will need to go online to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other machines, or to change billing options. You will also need to connect to the Internet regularly to keep your version of Office up-to-date and benefit from automatic upgrades. Internet connectivity is also required to access the Office 365 offerings such as OneDrive.
- Can I install the new Office on my Mac?
- If you buy an Office 365 subscription, you can install Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your Mac. The applications available for Mac users and the version numbers may be different from those available for PC users. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is also available for purchase as a standalone product.
- What are Skype world minutes?
- You can use Skype world minutes to call friends or family with or without a Skype account on their mobile phone or landline. Just dial from Skype and your friends and family can pick up on their phone. Each active Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, and Office 365 University subscription is entitled to 60 Skype world minutes per month, which can be used to make Skype calls to landlines in over 60 countries and mobiles in 8 countries. Your Skype world minutes will be applied to a new or existing Skype account. Each month you will receive 60 Skype world minutes. Your Skype world minutes allowance resets each month. Special, premium and non-geographic numbers cannot be called using Skype world minutes. Calls to mobiles are for select countries only. Skype world minutes available in select countries.
- What happens to the documents I have stored in OneDrive when my subscription expires?
- As the expiration date approaches, you will receive notifications in the Office applications and via email, alerting you to the upcoming expiration. Once your Office 365 subscription expires, the Office software applications enter read-only reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print documents, but you will not be able to create new documents or edit existing documents.To return to full Office functionality, you can purchase a new subscription or a one-PC version of Office such as Office Home & Student 2013, Office Home & Business 2013, Office Professional, from Office.com or any participating retailer. You could also return to using an older version of Office, or use the free Office Online on OneDrive for basic editing.Your documents will remain accessible to share and download. If you have reached or exceeded your free 7 GB storage limit, you won't be able to add any further documents. You will have the option to access and edit your documents saved on OneDrive using Office Online. You may save your OneDrive documents to another computer or disk drive at any time.
- What happens when my subscription ends? How can I continue to work with my documents?
- As the expiration date approaches, you will receive notifications in the Office applications and via email, alerting you to the upcoming expiration. Once your Office 365 subscription expires, the Office software applications enter reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print documents only, but you will not be able to create new documents or edit existing documents. To return to full Office functionality, you can purchase a new subscription or another version of Office, from Office.com or any participating retailer. You could also return to using an older version of Office, or use the free Office Online on OneDrive for basic editing.
- What if I want to change which devices have Office 365 installed?
- Office 365 Home can be installed on up to five PCs or Macs, plus five tablets for use by your entire household. Office 365 Personal can be installed on one PC or Mac, plus one tablet, for use by one person. Office 365 University can be installed on up to two PCs, Macs, or tablets, for use by one person. If you have installed Office on the maximum number of PCs, Macs, or tablets and want to use Office on a different PC, Mac, or tablet, you can deactivate a device from your subscription, by logging in to www.office.com/myaccount. You can then install Office on a new PC, Mac, or tablet. The copy of Office on the PC, Mac, or tablet that was removed from the subscription will revert to reduced functionality mode, but you will not lose the documents that are saved locally on the original device.
- What is my Microsoft account and why do I need it for my Office software?
- Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and a password that you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, Messenger, OneDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE, or Outlook.com. If you use an email address and password to sign in to these or other services, you already have a Microsoft account - but you can also sign up for a new account if you prefer. With this release of Office, you must be signed in with your Microsoft account to start an Office subscription and to install and manage your Office software. You may also need to sign in with a Microsoft account when you install the latest Office 2013 suites. Please note that some subscription benefits, such as additional storage with OneDrive, are linked to the Microsoft account that is used to manage your subscription.Any time you want to install Office on another PC or Mac, choose a new language for an installation, or make other changes to your account, simply return to www.office.com/myaccount and sign in with your Microsoft account. Remember - the Microsoft account you use to sign up for Office is the same account you'll use to manage your Office subscription.
- What is OneDrive?
- OneDrive is a service that enables you to upload files to storage in the cloud and then access them from a computer or phone. You can use OneDrive to store documents, notes, photos, music, videos or other types of file. OneDrive simplifies sharing. You can send photos and files through email, send a short link to them in a text message, or post them to a social network, your website, or your blog - all right from OneDrive. There's also a desktop app for OneDrive you can install that creates a folder on your PC or Mac that automatically syncs with your cloud folder, so you can access your files offline.
- What is the difference between Office Online and Office on Demand?
- Office Online is best suited for quick viewing and editing. Like Office Online, Office on Demand allows users to access Office and their documents from anywhere. The difference is that Office on Demand can quickly stream the full-featured Office applications on any Internet-connected PC running Windows 7 or higher. Office Web Apps are available across a variety of operating systems, devices and browsers, providing access to Office tools and your documents when working from PCs with earlier versions of Windows, as well as from other platforms.
- Which countries are included with Skype world minutes?
- You can call the following countries/regions: Both landlines and mobile phones: Canada, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand, and the United States. Landlines only: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Croatia, Colombia (excl. Lex), Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia (Jakarta), Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Venezuela. You can call from any country/region in the world except Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, China, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Namibia, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Taiwan, Tunisia, and United Arab Emirates. Note that special, premium, and non-geographic numbers are not covered by Skype world minutes. Additionally, it isn’t possible to place emergency calls.
- Why does Office save documents to OneDrive?
- Saving your documents to OneDrive allows you to easily access and edit them on multiple devices from virtually anywhere. Office 365 Personal and Office 365 Home subscriptions include an additional 20 GB of storage space on OneDrive for each household member (up to 100GB total) 4. (Note: All OneDrive users receive 7GB OneDrive storage for free).
- Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
- No, Office applications are tailored to work best on each platform and device.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
See for yourself.
What's new with Office?
Check off your to-dos faster.
- Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
- An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
- The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you communicate.
- Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools in Outlook.
- See your Outlook schedule, an appointment, or details about a contact without changing screens.
- Create more visually compelling presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
Take advantage of smarter applications.
- Build a database fast to organize data, accessible anywhere online with Access.
- Make your own professional marketing materials using simple – but sharp – tools in Publisher.
- Recommended Charts helps you visualize data quickly and effectively in Excel.
- Add pictures, videos, or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop
See the difference.
Which version is right for you?
Office Professional 2013 is great if you want the full suite of Office applications on one PC. But if you're still not sure which version is right for you, check out our comparison chart.
Computer and Processor
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit); 2 GB RAM (64-bit) recommended for graphics features, Outlook Instant Search, and certain advanced functionality
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1366 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or later
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Certain features require Exchange 2013 or Lync 2013
- Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
- Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
- Dynamic Calendars require server connectivity.
- Microsoft and Skype accounts.
- Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
- 1 An appropriate device, Internet connection and Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browser are required.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability