- 15.6" touch-screen display provides easy, intuitive use. Lets you run apps at the touch of a finger. LED backlighting permits a thinner and more energy-efficient screen.
- High-performance Intel Core i7 processor. Handles the demands of today's complex software. Great for multi-tasking, too.
- Huge 8GB memory lets you run your most demanding programs.
- Generous 750GB hard drive holds thousands of songs, photos and documents.
- Wireless-N (802.11n) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Lets you access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange email. Fully compatible with 802.11b/g as well. High-speed wired networking is supported, too.
- Plays and burns CDs and DVDs.
- Memory card reader for fast, easy file transfers. Transfer your digital photos, music and other files from Secure Digital (SD, SDHC, SDXC) and MultiMediaCard (MMC) memory cards.
- HDMI port lets you view videos and photos on your HDTV. (HDMI cable sold separately.)
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for ultra-fast data transfers. Up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, yet fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices. A separate USB 2.0 port lets you charge plugged-in devices when the laptop is in sleep mode — or even turned off.
- Built-in HD webcam and microphone let you keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging.
- Integrated numeric keypad speeds data entry and calculations.
- Up to 3.75 hours of battery life. (As measured by MobileMark™ Productivity 2012.) Battery life will vary depending on the product configuration, product model, applications loaded on the product, power management setting of the product, and the product features used by the customer. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and usage.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8. The very latest version of Windows.
- Greener choice — complies with EPA's Energy Star® and EPEAT® Gold standards.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|processor model||Core i7-4700MQ|
|diagonal screen size||15.6 inches|
|hard drive capacity||750 GB|
|screen resolution||1366 x 768|
|maximum battery life||3.75 hours|
|optical drive||DVD±RW/DVD-RAM/DVD±R Double Layer|
|operating system||Windows 8|
|processor speed||2.4 GHz (typical); 3.4 GHz (max)|
|memory type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|maximum memory capacity||16 GB|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|ports||2 USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub|
|memory card reader||yes|
|audio hardware||Harman/Kardon speakers; DTS Studio Sound|
|hard drive type||HDD (hard disk drive)|
|form factor||laptop computer|
|warranty length||1-yr limited|
|model name||Satellite S55t-A5389|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|total recycled content||0%|
|processor type||Core i7|
|video hardware||integrated Intel HD Graphics with shared memory|
From the Manufacturer|
The 15.6” touchscreen Satellite® S55t laptop delivers smart performance with Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor, massive storage, a big touchscreen display and large buttonless touchpad, making it perfect for enjoying the latest Windows® touch experience—at a desk or away.
Touch pad with Multi-touch
Enjoy the ability to pinch, swipe, rotate or scroll through images on the display screen with a simple brush of your fingers.
Upconverts your standard-def DVD content into sharper and more vibrant pictures that look and feel more like HD in real-time.
The built-in webcam on this PC makes it easy to Skype® and chat live with friends and family or videoconference with co-workers. You’ll also be able to take and store still pictures.
DTS Studio Sound™
Enjoy the most immersive surround sound experience ever offered from music, videos and games.
Plug right in and get access to the Web or other networks to work, communicate and enjoy yourself.
Get the most from Windows 8.1 with this touchscreen - touch, tap, pinch and glide all with the touch of a finger.
LED Backlit Display
Last longer, use less power, and warm up quicker with the unique LED backlit display.
EPEAT™ Gold Registered
EPEAT™ Gold is the highest possible ranking of the acclaimed Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool which measures products across 51 different dimensions.
Numeric 10-key Pad
Enjoy faster typing, smoother data entry and more convenient gaming commands with a full-size keyboard and a handy numeric 10-key pad.
ENERGY STAR Qualified
Engineered with respect to our planet, 93% of Toshiba laptops, netbooks and Tablet PCs have met the ENERGY STAR 4.0 standard since it was established in 2007.
Quickly adjust the settings and power plan of your laptop and monitor your ongoing power usage with just a click.
Get maximum performance when connecting the latest external devices, with blazing fast transfer speeds.
Power your smartphone, tablet and other USB-based portables even when your PC is off. Great for charging these USB devices while you are on the run.
harman kardon stereo speakers bring an added dimension to music, movies and gaming with rich, immersive audio. Enjoy deeper, richer lows, crisper highs, and more lifelike conversations.
Scale up your gaming, movies and music on a home theater - with full 1080p high-definition video, and amazingly immersive surround sound.
Memory Card Reader
Transfer files easily from your digital camera, camcorder, MP3 player or smart phone, sharing home movies and playlists with SD cards, Memory Sticks and more.
|Processor:||Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor|
|Operating System:||Windows 8|
|Memory:||8GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory|
|Display Size:||15.6" widescreen|
|Display Type:||HD TruBrite® LED Backlit Touchscreen display|
|Display Resolution:||1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content|
|Graphics Engine:||Mobile Intel® HD Graphics|
|Hard Drive:||750GB (5400rpm, Serial ATA)|
|Optical Drive:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)|
|Optical Drives:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer) supporting up to 11 fomats|
|Webcam:||HD Webcam and Microphone|
|Wireless:||Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n)|
|Inputs and Controls:||One Touch Function Keys, Premium Raised Tile Keyboard with 10-Keypad (black), Touch pad pointing device with multi touch control|
|Security and Protection:||HDD Recovery, Security Cable Lock Slot|
|LAN:||10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN|
|Audio:||DTS Studio Sound™ Headphone jack (stereo), Microphone jack (mono), harman/kardon® stereo speakers|
|AC Adapter:||90W (19V x 4.74A) 100-240V AC Adapter|
|Battery:||Lithium Ion (43Wh, 4-Cell)—*Not user replaceable|
|Battery Life:||Up to 3.75 hours using Windows 8 (MobileMark™ Office Productivity 2012)|
|Express Card Slot:||No PC Express Slot|
|SmartCard Reader:||No SmartCard Reader slot|
|Media:||Memory Card Reader|
|USB Ports:||1-USB (2.0) port with Sleep and Charge, 2-USB (3.0) ports|
|HDMI:||HDMI® output port|
|Software:||1 month trial for new Microsoft® Office 365 customers, DTS Studio Sound™ Hard disc (HDD) recovery, Internet Explorer® 10, Norton™ Anti-Theft (30-day Trial), Norton™ Internet Security (30-day trial subscription), TOSHIBA App Place, TOSHIBA BookPlace™ TOSHIBA Disc Creator, TOSHIBA HDD Protection, TOSHIBA HW Setup Utility, TOSHIBA Maintenance Utility, TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio Truelink+, TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator, TOSHIBA Resolution+ Upconvert Technology for Media Player, TOSHIBA Service Station, TOSHIBA Password Utility, Toshiba Start, TOSHIBA Video Player, TOSHIBA eco Utility™ WildTangent® Game Console|
|Weight:||Starting at 5.7 lbs.|
|Color:||Ice Silver in Brushed Aluminum|
|Standards:||EPEAT™ Gold, RoHS Compatible, Energy Star Qualified|
What’s new with Windows 8.1?
Note: Some features require Windows 8.1. Update available through Windows store for Windows 8 users. Internet access required; fees may apply.
The devices shown in the videos are displayed only for demonstrative purposes to showcase the touch features of the Windows operating system. Similar mice and keyboard keystrokes can be used on non-touch devices. Please check the specs of the machine on the page to know what features are included.
It’s new, but you know it.
- Start up in the familiar desktop to get stuff done or the Start screen to easily access all your favorite apps and sites.
Easier than ever to use.
- New navigation features make it faster and easier to access, close, minimize and switch between open apps.
- Pin favorite apps to the Start screen, the taskbar, or both for quick and easy access to what you use the most.
Greater speed and ease in finding what you are looking for including new apps to love.
Check out why Windows just got better and you can make your Windows device the way you want it.
Mouse, keyboard—and now touch.
Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.
Make it yours.
New ways to personalize with more Start screen tiles sizes, colors, and backgrounds.
Your files, everywhere.
Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with OneDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.
Multitasking made easy.It's easy to do up to four things at once. Snap multiple apps side by side in a single view for easy multitasking and enhanced productivity.
Stay up to date and more secure with built-in privacy and security protection with Windows Defender and SmartScreen.
Windows 8.1 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than previous versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
Works with what you have.
Easily connect to your printers, cameras and more with built-in USB ports. With Windows 8.1, you can run all of the programs that you had on Windows 7.
- Why should I buy a Windows device?
Windows devices are available in all shapes and sizes to match your lifestyle and they can also be customized with your favorite apps, colors, and backgrounds to match your personality. Multitask with ease on a Windows device. Run Office side-by-side with your web browser, or make a Skype video call while you check email. Windows devices also work with stuff you already have, they include ports for printers and cameras and work with your favorite apps.*
*Windows RT 8.1 devices only runs built-in apps or apps that you download from the Windows Store.
- Does Windows have the apps I want?
Right out of the box, Windows 8.1 comes with apps to do all the basics and a lot more. There are apps to stay in touch, save your files to the cloud, and keep track of your photos and videos in new and easy ways.
Plus, you can visit the Windows store to choose from over 100,000 apps for games, music, news, weather, and entertainment, to just name a few.
- Did the desktop disappear?
No. You’ll also still be able to work with the familiar desktop just as you did in earlier versions of Windows. If you spend most of your time on the desktop, you can even set Windows to go there instead of the Start screen when you first turn on your PC.
- I have heard it is for touchscreens. Can I still use a mouse and keyboard?
- Yes. You can use it the way you want: touchscreen, mouse and keyboard, or both. You’ll also still be able to work with the familiar desktop just as you did in earlier versions of Windows.
Note: The touchscreen functionality is dependent on the specifications of the device’s screen. Please check the specs of the machine on this page to know what features are included.
- Can I use my current software and printers?
Windows 8.1 is compatible with almost all of the peripherals (printers, cameras, keyboards, mice, etc.) that you’re using today with your Windows PC or tablet. You can also use most of the desktop programs you currently use, including Office programs.
- What if I buy a PC running Windows 8? Can I update to Windows 8.1?
Yes. If you're running Windows 8 you'll be able to get the free update to Windows 8.1 through the Windows Store.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability