This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP LTO 5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge - LTO-5 - WORM - 1.50 TB (Native) / 3 TB (Compressed) - 2775.59 ft Tape Length - 1 Pack Item # 258414
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
LTO 5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge offers reliable data protection, ensuring full use of capacity and better ROI. Use only with LTO-5 Drives. HP LTO-5 Ultrium tape drive technology uses a linear format of 1,280 tracks, writing 16 tracks simultaneously, at a 280MB-per-second transfer rate. The data is written in a serpentine pattern. The tape reverses direction after each set of 16 tracks is written. Superior smart grabber mechanism and mechanical interlock prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape. Write-once LTO-5 cartridge also offers data encryption for enhanced data security and simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear. Metal particle cartridge has a compressed capacity of 3.0TB and recording density of 343 kbits per inch.
|Compressed Storage Capacity||3 TB|
|manufacturer||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|Native Storage Capacity||1.50 TB|
|Weight (Approximate)||10.08 oz|
HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge
|Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering seven generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.5 TB/hr for LTO-7, there is a platform for every need and budget. From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamperproof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.|
What is New
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-7 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.5 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 15 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
- A 64% increase in the number of tracks and a 25% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 6.25 TB for LTO-6 to 15 TB to LTO-7: from 2,176 tracks for LTO-6 to 3,584 tracks for 7th generation HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options from LTO-4 onwards) and non-labeled versions.
|Recording technology||LTO-5 Ultrium|
|Media labeling||Write-on Labels in box|
|Media format||Write-once media|
|Quantity per Package||1|
|Read speed, media||280 MB/sec|
|Tape length||846 m|
|Tape width||12.65 mm|
|Tape thickness||6.4 um|
|Base material||Metal Particle|
|Bit density||343 kbits/inch|
|Magnetic coercivity||2500-2700 Oe|
|Archival life||30 years|
|Drive compatibility||Storage Media Compatibility Matrix|
|Drive compatibility url||http://www.hptapecompat.com|
|Operating temperature range||50° to 113° F (10° to 45° C)|
|Day-to-day storage temperature||60° to 90° F (16° to 32° C)|
|Long term storage temperature||41° to 73° F (5° to 23° C)|
|Operating maximum wet bulb temperature||79° F (26° C)|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 80% (Operating)|
|Storage humidity||20 to 60% (Archival)|
|Product color||Light Blue|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||4.45 x 1.1 x 4.37 in|