TP-LINK® AV500 Ethernet 2-Port Powerline Network Adapter With AC Pass-Through Starter Kit, TLPA4020PKIT Item # 289187
Add Internet access to virtually any area of your home or business
- Plugs into most common electrical sockets to create a high-speed network.
- Use to connect virtually any network compatible device, such as computers, gaming consoles, smart TVs, set-top boxes, printers and NAS hard drives, to your existing network.
- Provides speeds up to 500Mbps over up to 300 meters of household electrical wiring.
- Each adapter features two 10/100 Ethernet ports, so you can connect multiple devices.
- Integrated power socket allows an additional device to be connected.
- 3 LEDs provide status information at a glance.
- Pair button offers added network security.
- Integrated Mains Filter helps minimize noise interference caused by surrounding electronic equipment.
- Automatic power-saving mode reduces energy consumption by up to 85%.
- Includes 2 Powerline Ethernet adapters, 2 RJ-45 Ethernet cables, a resource CD and a quick installation guide.
|Ethernet Technology||Fast Ethernet|
|plug and play||yes|
|maximum data transfer rate||500 Mbps|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||2|
|Powerline Data Transfer Rate||500 Mbit/s|
|PoE (RJ-45) Port||No|
|package contents||AV500 2-Port Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit; 2 x Ethernet cable (RJ45); Resource CD; Quick Installation Guide|
|Audio Line In||No|
|Powerline Transmission Standard||HomePlug AV|
|Product Name||AV500 2-Port Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit|
|Audio Line Out||No|
|Maximum Distance Supported||984.25 ft|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS; Linux|
|Phone Line (RJ-11)||No|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
What This Product DoesThe TL-PA4020PKIT turns your home’s existing electrical circuitry into a high speed network with no need for new wires or drilling. No configuration is required, simply plug your adapter into a power socket and you can establish networking infrastructure in a flash. In addition, its integrated power socket makes sure that no power outlet is going to waste. With speeds up to 500Mbps and 300 meters over the household electric wiring, the TL-PA4020PKIT is a great choice for an easy to build multimedia entertainment network.
Up to 500Mbps, 300 MetersWith advanced HomePlug AV technology, the TL-PA4020PKIT can provide users with stable high-speed data transmission rates of up to 500Mbps1 over a household electric circuit for up to 300 meters. The TL-PA4020PKIT is a great choice for a whole home solution to connect all network compatible devices--from computers and game consoles to set-top boxes for IPTV to printers and NAS hard drives.
Extra Power Socket for Additional DevicesWith its integrated power socket, the TL-PA4020PKIT provides real convenience for your home network. The integrated power socket allows an additional device or power bar to be connected to the adapter as though it were a normal wall socket. This ensures that even with the TL-PA4020PKIT plugged in, no power outlet goes to waste.
Multiple Ethernet Ports
Pair Button for Easy Network SecurityYou can set up a hassle-free powerline network within minutes with TP-LINK’s powerline adapters, just plug in and play. Also, the adapters’ “Pair” buttons can be utilized for securing or managing multiple powerline adapters in your home powerline network.
1. Plug one Internet connected adapter into a nearby power outlet.
2. Connect additional adapters to PCs/laptops/Internet TVs or other networked devices via an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi and you're done!
*Recommended: Press the pair buttons for network security and data encryption.
Mains Filter for Better PerformanceWith its Integrated Mains Filter, the TL-PA4020PKIT can optimize powerline communication performance by suppressing noise interference generated by surrounding electronic equipment that can affect network performance. That means that users won't experience a sudden speed drop when a larger power consuming device is plugged into the power socket.
Reduce Power Consumption by Up to 85%The TL-PA4020PKIT, a new-generation of Powerline Adapter, with its practical product design and environment-conscious Power-Saving Mode, will automatically switch from its regular "Working Mode" to "Power-Saving Mode" that will reduce energy consumption by up to 85%.
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rate of up to 500Mbps, ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming
- Integrated power socket to allow additional devices access to power
- 2* 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45) Ports
- Mains Filter for better powerline communication performance
- No new wires, use existing electrical wiring
- Up to 300 meter range over a home's electrical circuit for better performance through walls or across floors
- Plug and Play, no new wires or configuration required
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- 128-bit AES encryption ensures that the network is safe simply by pressing a button on paired devices
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizes IPTV streaming
Comparison Chart (edited)
|TL-WPA4220KIT 300Mbps AV500 WiFi Powerline Extender Starter Kit||TL-PA4020PKIT AV500 2-Port Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit||TL-PA6010KIT AV600 Gigabit Powerline Adapter Starter Kit||TL-PA6030KIT AV600 3-Port Gigabit Powerline Adapter Starter Kit|
|Multiple WAN/LAN ports||2 Ethernet Ports||2 Ethernet Ports||1 Ethernet Ports||3 Ethernet Ports|
|Speed Over Powerline||Up to 500Mbps||Up too 500Mbps||Up to 600Mbps||UP to 600Mbps|
|Wireless Extension||Up to 300Mbps||
|One Button Encryption||
|Plug and Play||
|Wi-Fi Clone Button||
|Power Saving Mode||
|Extra power socket||
- 1 The terms “AV500” and “500Mbps,” are derived from applicable specifications and refer to the theoretical maximum physical-layer data transfer rate. Those terms are used on this product solely to indicate its compatibility with other “AV500” or “500Mbps” PowerLine devices. Actual data speeds vary and are limited by the product’s Ethernet port and other network conditions such as data traffic, electrical noise, and wiring issues. If you are uncertain about your network conditions, you should consult an IT professional to assist in selecting a networking product.