This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
EnGenius Neutron IEEE 802.11n Wireless LAN Controller Item # 296177
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The EnGenius Neutron Series EWS7952FP is a 48-port layer 2 Gigabit PoE+ layer 2 managed switch with 4 dual-speed SFP ports ideal for wireless access points, VoIP (Voice-over-IP) phones, and IP surveillance applications. Its Gigabit ports support IEEE 802.3at/af PoE and can supply up to 30 Watts per port for a total PoE budget of 740 Watts. As part of an EnGenius Neutron Series wireless management solution, the EWS7952FP through its browser-based GUI (Graphical User Interface) can discover, configure, manage and monitor up to 50 neutron series wireless access points.The controller mode of the Switch provides a suite of wireless management features for IT managers to configure Neutron series access points. Features include grouping Neutron series access points in clusters with identical policies, access point IP auto-discovery, remote access point rebooting for hard-to-reach / previously deployed units, and a host of visual monitoring features including topology and floor plan view modes for the mapping out and tracking of networks. The controller also features a statistics section for record traffic tracking and comparison between units or over-time comparisons.The interface also lets IT managers apply configuration changes to multiple Neutron series access points on the network simultaneously. A dashboard provides instant access to a variety of clients, network information, and events, while a real time map displays access point locations and network topology for planning and deployment.The EWS7952FP offers 48 Gigabit ports with IEEE 802.3at/af (PoE+) support and 4 SFP slots for fiber uplinks. The 48 Gigabit ports provide seamless connectivity for devices and applications that require high speed network access and reduce bottleneck situations that can interrupt communication. The 4 SFP slots accept fiber transceivers for extending the wired network beyond the limitation of Ethernet cabling with fiber cabling. This becomes especially useful for schools with satellite classrooms, hotels and resorts, and other larger multiple building properties.Managing the wired portion of the network is also easy using the same browser-based interface. The Switch supports IEEE 802.1p QoS which automatically classifies and prioritizes compliant device traffic to ensure that time sensitive data such as VoIP is forwarded without delay.
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards:802.3; 802.3u; 802.3ab; 802.1D; 802.1W; 802.1s; 802.1P; 802.1X; 802.3af; 802.3at|
|Expansion Slots||4 x SFP (mini-GBIC)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Management||VLAN; QoS; SNMP v1/v2c/v3; SSH Server; Telnet server; Web-based Management; Command Line Interface (CLI); RMON; Syslog|
|manufacturer||EnGenius Technologies, Inc|
|PoE Budget||740 W|
|ports||48 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 Power over Ethernet (PoE, RJ-45)|
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE)||PoE+|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Show More ▾|
Power, connect, and manage Neutron Series Access Points throughout your company
|The EWS7952FP is a 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Switch with 4 SFP ports for fiber uplinks. It can control and manage up to 50 Neutron Series Wireless Access Points to provide a single location in which to centrally configure a wireless network. Its Gigabit ports support IEEE 802.3at/af PoE and can supply up to 30 Watts per port for a total PoE budget of 740 Watts.|
- Deploy, Configure, and Manage Access Points in Clusters in One Network
- Centralized management, quick setup through a web-based user interface. Supports management of up to 50 Neutron Series Access Points. Lets IT managers keep track of, map out, and plan the placement of Neutron Series Access Points and Switches in the network with a visual view of the topology as well as tools to search for and find Neutron Series Access Points via their IP or MAC address.
- Also gives IT managers and network administrators the visibility they need to monitor, manage and quickly adjust the settings or performance of their network in real time. The feature rich interface displays usage reports for real time and historical client connectivity to each Neutron Series Access Point as well as traffic flow and load over both wired and wireless portions of the network.
- Configure and Group Multiple Switches from One Central Location
- Instantly see, access, and manage every Neutron Wireless Management Switch and Access Point in your entire network - even multiple sites with EnGenius Navigator.
- EnGenius Navigator lets you manage multiple sites no matter where you are - ideal for Managed Service Providers, VARs, and System Integrators.
- Makes scaling each network incredibly easy.
- Available as a free download from engeniustech.com.
- Easily Scales to Meet Growing Network Requirements
- The Switch's User Interface allows IT managers the ability to allocate just the amount of wattage they need per port to power specific PoE client devices to conserve as much of their Neutron Series Switch’s total PoE budget as possible. Including more Neutron Series Switches to the network gives administrators the ability and versatility to substantially and rapidly scale their networks and to provide just the right Neutron Series Switch necessary to provide wireless connectivity or surveillance in a part of the network previously unserved.
- Deploy Special Configurations within a Network with Access Point Clusters
- The Access Point Cluster Management feature allows users to setup and assign Access Points in clusters within a network to manage the group of Access Points as a single wireless network instead of a series of separate devices.
- Simple to Deploy
- The Wireless Management Switch integrates seamlessly with existing third-party switches, firewalls and other network infrastructure.
- Provides Power and Connectivity to a Variety of Devices
- Enables PoE devices like Access Points, Client Bridges, IP Cameras, VoIP telephones and others to be powered directly from the Switch over an Ethernet cable.
- Up to 30 Watts per port for a total PoE budget of 740 Watts.
- Provides Full-Featured Layer 2 Manageability
- The full-featured, managed Layer 2 Switch
includes: VLAN, QoS, IGMP/MLD Snooping, STP/RSTP/MSTP, Link Aggregation Control
Protocol (LACP), SNMP v1/v2c/v3, and more.
- Discover and Perform Firmware Upgrades Automatically
- 1-Click Firmware Updates streamlines the firmware update process for any EWS Neutron Series device.
- Allows for the discovery of new firmware versions and sends notifications with lists so users don’t need to search manually for updates.
- Automatically Discovers and Assigns IP Addresses
- The Switch assigns an IP address range for wireless clients connecting to the network.
- Advanced Wireless Settings for Neutron Series Wireless Access Points
- Supports Band Steering, Fast Handover and Guest Network features
- Reboot Access Points Remotely from Your Desk
- Reboot an AP remotely, making management of Neutron Series Access Points in hard-to-reach places easily and hassle free.
- Ideal for Networks in Large Buildings or Linking Remote Buildings on a Campus
- Includes 4 SFP ports to support transceivers for fiber cabling for connectivity to offices, buildings, or other parts of the network that exceed the distance capability of regular Ethernet.
RJ45 Console Port
PoE Mode LED
LAN Mode LED
Link/Act LED (Per Copper Port)
LAN Mode LED (Per Copper Port)
Dual-Speed SFP Slots
LED Mode Selector
PoE Ethernet Ports
Speed LED (Per SFP Port)
Link/Act LED (Per SFP Port)
Rack Mount Hole
Switching Capacity: 104 Gbps
Forwarding Mode: Store and Forward
SDRAM: 256 MB
Flash Memory: 32 Mbytes
48 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports
4 100/100 Mbps SFP Ports
1 RJ45 Console Port
All Gigabit Ethernet ports support IEEE 802.3at/af
All Gigabit Ethernet ports can output up to 30 Watts per port
Power budget: 740 Watts
PoE Max LED
LAN Mode LED
PoE Mode LED
LAN/PoE Mode LED
Environment & Mechanical
Operating: 32 to 104°F/0 to 40°C
Storage: -40 to 158°F/-40 to 70 °C
5% - 95%
Neutron Series Wireless Management Features
Can manage up to 50 Neutron Series APs
Access Point Auto Discovery and Provisioning
Access Point Auto IP-Assignment
Access Point Cluster Management
Remote Access Point Rebooting
Access Point Device Name Editing
Access Point Radio Settings
Access Point Client Limiting
Wireless Security (WEP, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise, WPA/WPA2 PSK)
VLANs for Access Point- Multiple SSIDs
Access Point Status Monitoring
Wireless Client Monitoring
Wireless Traffic & Usage Statistics
Real-time Wireless Traffic Monitoring
Visual Topology View
Floor Plan View
Secure Control Messaging
Local MAC Address Database
Remote MAC Address Database (RADIUS)
Unified Configuration Import / Export
Bulk Firmware Upgrade Capability
Layer 2 Features
802.3ad compatible Link Aggregation
802.1D Spanning Tree (STP)
802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP)
802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree (MSTP)
IGMP Snooping v1/v2/v3
IGMP Fast Leave
Port Mirroring: One to one and many to one
- CoS based on 802.1p priority
- CoS based on physical port
- CoS based on TOS
- CoS based on DSCP
802.1X Port-based Access Control
802.1X Guest VLAN
Access Control List (ACL)
-SNMP v1 support
-SNMP v2c support
-SNMP v3 support
Command Line Interface (CLI)
EWS7952FP Layer 2 Management Switch
RJ45 Console Cable
Rack Mount Kit
Quick Installation Guide
Device, Packaging & Master Carton Dimensions & Weights:
Weight: 14.15 lbs.
Width: 17.32” (440 mm)
Length: 16.14” (410 mm)
Height: 1.73” (44 mm)
Weight: 17.28 lbs.
Width 21.65” (550 mm)
Length: 20.69” (525 mm)
Height: 3.93” (100 mm)
Weight: 36.46 lbs.
Width: 21.25” (540 mm)
Length: 9.05” (230 mm)
Height: 22.83” (580 mm)
No. of product boxes per master carton: 2 Units
Warranty: 1 Year
Maximum data rates are based on IEEE 802.3ab standards. Actual throughput and range may vary depending on distance between devices or traffic and bandwidth load in the network. Features and specifications subject to change without notice. Trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For United States of America: Copyright ©2014 EnGenius Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Compliant with FCC - This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his/her own expense.