- Home /
- Product Details
- USB interface allows convenient connectivity.
- PC and Mac compatible to suit your office needs.
- Web access to your files allows simple use.
- Pocket-size design allows easy portability.
- 1TB storage capacity provides plenty of room for your files.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|rotational speed||5400 rpm|
|storage capacity||1 TB|
|maximum data transfer rate||5 Gbps|
|System Requirements||Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 PortOperating System(s):Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows XP; Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.6 or above); Mac OS X Lion; Mac OS X Mountain Lion|
|Features||Password Protection; 256-bit AES Encryption; Ramp Load Technology|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||Canvio Connect|
|package contents||Canvio Connect Hard Drive; USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0); Quick start guide; Two-year Limited Warranty|
|Product Name||Canvio Connect Hard Drive|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||5400|
|dimensions||0.6 x 3.1 x 4.4|
|average read seek time||12 ms|
|Average Seek Time||12 ms|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X 10.6.6+|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|model name||Canvio Connect|
From the Manufacturer|
1TB Canvio Connect Portable Hard Drive - Silver
The Canvio® Connect lets you store your files in a centralized place next to your computer, giving you easy access to your files whenever you need them – whether you are at home or away from home.
Get peace of mind knowing your data is protected. The included NTI Backup Now EZ2 software scans your system and offers customizable backup options for your computer. Choose between backing up your files and folders to the cloud3, backing up your files and folders to your Canvio® Connect portable hard drive, backing up everything saved on your computer, or choose all three for the most comprehensive coverage. Click the restore button and you can recover a file, folder, or your entire system. You can even schedule your backup to run automatically at any time and day – ensuring your files are always protected.
Secure your backup files with password-protected data encryption, (up to 256-bit), to help keep your backup safe and prevent unauthorized access.
Stay connected with your friends and family. Get the full Canvio® Connect experience with the Pogoplug® PC5. Leave your Canvio® Connect at home, connected to your PC and still have complete access to all your files, photos, music and movies on any computer, smartphone or tablet - anywhere, anytime5. You can even share massive files and folders instantly from your PC and Canvio® Connect with Pogoplug®. As an extra bonus, Canvio® Connect includes 10GB of free cloud storage5 for storing "always-available" copies of important files.
The Canvio® Connect is pocket-sized and easy to carry - yet able to store even the largest digital libraries with up to 2TB storage capacity. It also includes an internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology to help keep your drive safe on the go. Forget your files? No problem – the Canvio® Connect comes with file and folder remote access feature so you can access your files anywhere anytime via the internet5. You can even back up content from your mobile devices to the Canvio® Connect or to the cloud5.
Toshiba Canvio® Connect Portable Drives are preformatted NTFS for Windows® 8, 7, and Windows® XP. Plus, the drive comes with a NTFS driver for Mac® allowing you to store and access files from the PC and Mac® without reformatting4.
Store & Backup:
Store your files in a centralized place next to your PC or Mac
Complete backup solution for protecting your digital memories
Files & folder backup & restore:
Full system backup & recovery
Schedule backups to run automatically
Secure your backups with password-protected data encryption.
Access & Share:
Access and share content from any device anywhere via the internet
Upload and download content from any device easily
Share massive files and folders instantly from your PC and Canvio® Connect.
Access content remotely from mobile devices5
Back up content from your mobile devices5
Pocket sized, easy to carry
Easy to set up and use:
Simple and intuitive user interfaceOne connection set up
Stores and access files from PC and Mac® without reformatting4
Peace of Mind:
Includes Toshiba 2-Year Limited Warranty
Interface: USB 3.0 with up to 5Gb/s2 transfer rate
Rotational Speed: 5400RPM
Average Seek Time: 12ms
Cache Buffer: 8MB
Dimensions & Weight: 3.11” W x 4.37” D x 0.59” H; 8.11 oz
Formatted NTFS for Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7 or Windows® XP
Mac OS® X Snow Leopard (10.6.6 or above), Lion, and Mountain Lion with included NTFS driver for Mac®
Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Port
In the box:
One Toshiba Canvio Connect Portable Hard Drive w/preloaded software
USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0)
Quick Start GuideTwo-year limited warranty
1 One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (1TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system and other factors
2 The preloaded NTI Backup Now EZ software is compatible with Windows® OS only.
3 Free 30-day trial of cloud backup included.
4 Reformatting to HFS+ required for use with Time Machine® software.
5 Includes free downloadable copy of Pogoplug® PC with 10GB of free cloud storage. Internet connection required for remote access
6 Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system
- Do I manually have to back up my data with Toshiba's portable hard drives?
- I have a hard time remembering to back up my files, which has resulted in me losing data several times. One of the best benefits of the Canvio Connect from Toshiba is that it has software that will allow you to schedule when it backs up your data. You can set it for daily, weekly, monthly or whatever works best for you.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability