This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Netgear ReadyNAS RN214 NAS Server Item # 342884
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The ReadyNAS 210 is powered by a quad core Cortex A15 1.4GHz processor, has 2 Gigabytes of RAM, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with Link Aggregation technology and delivers up to 200MByte/sec data transfer speed. It offers the industry’s leading feature of 5 levels of protection on your documents, photos, videos and all types of data. The ReadyCLOUD portal-based user interface and app on PC, Mac, smartphones and tablets make the RN210 the ideal choice for consumers because of its simplicity and ease of use.
|controller type||Serial ATA|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Number of 2.5"/3.5" Bays||4|
|Number of Hard Drives Supported||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||4|
|operating system||ReadyNAS OS|
|ports||1 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 eSATA; 3 USB 3.0|
|Processor Core||Quad-core (4 Core)|
|processor speed||1.40 GHz|
|processor type||Cortex A15|
|Product Name||ReadyNAS RN214 NAS Server|
|Protocols||IPv6; TCP/IP; NTP; SSH; IPv4|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD|
|Standard Memory||2 GB|
|Storage Operating System||ReadyNAS OS 6.2|
|Total Number of USB Ports||3|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
ReadyNAS 210 Series
ReadyNAS 214: Advanced Performance and Data ProtectionThe ReadyNAS 210 Series is the industry’s first high performance, cost and power efficient network attached storage product that offers transcoding capability of full HD 1080p. The ReadyNAS 210 Series offers the industry’s leading feature of 5 levels of protection on your documents, photos, videos and all types of data. The ReadyCLOUD® portal-based user interface and app on PC, Mac, smartphones and tablets make the RN210 Series the ideal choice for consumers because of its simplicity and ease of use.
- Quad core ARM Cortex A15 1.4GHz processor and 2GB of RAM
- 1080p HD real-time streaming and transcoding to a remote device (VC, MP4,
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet - Up to 2x throughput in Link Aggregation mode
- Maximize simultaneous throughput with up to 200MB/s read and 160MB/s write speeds
- High performance anti-virus
- Next-gen BTRFS file system combined with other NETGEAR technologies deliver 5
levels of complete data protection
High Performance Streaming
• Superior power: 1.4GHz quad core processor.
• Choice of powerful platform for media servers like Plex, iTunes or native DLNA.
• HD media streaming to multiple devices.
• Full 1080p real-time streaming and transcoding to a remote device.
• Near-zero performance loss when running anti-virus.
Advanced Backup, Sync & Speed• Sync folders between ReadyNAS and PCs – always up-to-date data anywhere.
• Backup files from PC/mobile to your NAS without extra software.
• Time-Machine integration to backup all Macs in your home.
• On-the-go backup of photos from your phone.
Five Levels of Data Protection• Automatic RAID protects against disk failure.
• Snapshot technology to restore data you lost.
• Free real-time antivirus against malware.
• Long-lasting data integrity with bitrot protection.
• Cloud storage offers additional backup and sharing resources.
|RN100 Series||RN200 Series||RN210 Series||RN300 Series||RN500 Series|
|Access & share files, photos, video from anywhere||
|Create a private, secure personal cloud||
|Upload media from smartphone||
|Stream to TVs and speakers using DLNA standard||
|Stream high-resolution video with Plex||DLNA only||Up to 480 SD||Up to 1080p HD||Up to 720p HD||Up to 1080p HD|
|Run anti-virus software with minimal throughput loss||
|Protects against media degradation / corruption without performance impact||Good||Better||Better||Best||Best|
|Install and run apps||Fewer number, light weight||Fewer number, light weight||More number, light weight||Many apps||Many apps|
|Runs RAID 6 (applicable to 4-Bay systems and above)||Good||Good||Better||Best|
|Connect via the iSCSI protocol||Yes, but not recommended for virtualization||