- Home /
- Product Details
- Save time and paper with automatic 2-sided scanning and copying.
- Wired connectivity lets you share printing resources with other users.
- ePrint technology lets you print from anywhere from your mobile device.
- Fast printing and copying — up to 35 pages per minute in black!
- Scan documents directly to email or a network folder.
- Get reliable faxing at up to 300 x 300 dpi resolution.
- 50-page auto document feeder for simple, drop-and-go copying, faxing and scanning.
- Includes a 250-sheet main paper tray for large jobs, plus a 50-sheet multipurpose tray.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified.
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|printer series||LaserJet Pro|
|fax transmission speed||3 spp (33.6 Kbps)|
|maximum black and white print speed||35|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Printing Technology||Laser - monochrome|
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|maximum black and white copy resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|maximum copy enlargement||400|
|maximum copy reduction||25|
|automatic document feeder||yes|
|total paper tray capacity||300|
|model||LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn|
|maximum black and white copy speed||35|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 80A; HP 80X|
|number of paper trays||2|
|dimensions||16.67"H x 17.32"W x 15.07"D|
|LCD size||3.5 inches|
|automatic document feeder capacity||50 Sheets|
|functionality||copy; fax; print; scan|
|memory card reader||No|
|maximum black and white print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X 10.5+|
|scanner optical resolution||1200|
|connector type||USB 2.0; Ethernet|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|maximum monthly volume||50,000|
Up to 35 ppm Blackm1
Up to 35 ppm
A Web-connected MFP for office productivity. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrinth1 , and share resources with Ethernet networking. Streamline workflow with access to business apps. Save time with automatic two-sided scanning and copying.
The 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) color touchscreen offers fast access to business apps. h5 Print files and save scans directly via the convenient USB port. Centralize printer management with HP Web Jetadmin.
Make your business documents stand out, with sharp images and crisp text from the first page to the last. Depend on an MFP with a 3000-page recommended monthly page volume. Save time and money with easy-to-install Original HP LaserJet cartridges.
Conserve resources and meet your environmental goals. This HP LaserJet product helps you reduce energy and paper use. And its compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Print photos, documents, and more when you're on the go, using HP ePrint.
Allows multiple pages to be copied or scanned at one time
Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
Have an instant digital copy of anything you scan stored on your network server.
Add this device to your office Ethernet network to share with your workgroup.
Manage jobs directly at the printer, using the HP color touchscreen.
This printer wakes up fast and prints your first page as quickly as 8 seconds.
|HP 80A Black||2,700 pages|
|HP 80X Black||6,900 pages|
Note: Some stores and countries do not offer HP X toner cartridges.
- HP LaserJet M425dn MFP
- HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages)
- Getting Started Guide
- Support flyer
- CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide
- Power cord(s)
- Phone cord(s)
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Print speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 35 ppm
- First page out black (letter, ready)
- As fast as 8 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 50,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 750 to 3000
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen control panel, CGD (Color Graphic Display)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mopria-certified, Business Applications
- Wireless capability
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T; 1 Walk-up USB; 1 RJ -11 (Fax); 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher); Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher); Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; Linpus Linux: 9.4, 9.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0, OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4, Fedora: 14, 15, Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
- Memory, standard
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum
- 256 MB
- Hard disk
- Paper handling input, standard
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Paper handling input, optional
- Optional third 500-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing
- Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling
- Media sizes supported
- A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom
- Multipurpose tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray 3: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types
- Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Scanner type
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan resolution, optical
- Up to 1200 dpi (color and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum
- 216 x 381 mm
- Duplex ADF scanning
- Yes, dual head scanner for two-sided document scanning in a single pass through ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan direct to email, scan to network folder, or scan to Cloud
- Copy speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 35 ppm
- Copy resolution (black text)
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Fax transmission speed
- 3 sec per page
- Fax memory
- Up to 300 pages
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified; EPEAT® Silver
- Operating temperature range
- 15 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 439.9 x 382.7 x 423.5 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 439.9 x 633.4 x 660 mm (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- 15.1 kg
- One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions. h8 Optional paper capacity up to 800 sheets. 1 x 500-sheet paper tray not included; must be purchased separately.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability