- Designed for home and small business use. For up to 3 users.
- Cross-cut shredding for confidential personal and business documents. Shreds sheets into 0.16" x 1.38" pieces.
- Durable cutters slice through credit cards, paper clips and staples. Powerful DC motor and advanced gear technology prolong shredder life.
- Enhanced Jam Stop technology helps prevents paper jams. Detects overloads, pauses motor operation and, using auto reverse, ejects paper smoothly.
- 2-hour run time for increased productivity. Lets you shred continuously for 2 hours with no need to wait for cool down.
- Ultra-quiet shredding minimizes disruptive noise. Rated sound level is 58 dB.
- Includes 5.8-gallon wastebasket for added convenience.
|security level||Level 3 (confidential personal & business documents)|
|shred size||0.16" x 1.38"|
|number of sheets per pass||12|
|can shred||credit cards; paper; paper clips; staples|
|continuous run time||2 hours|
|wastebasket capacity||5.8 gallons|
|maximum shred speed||5.9 fpm|
|recommended shredder use||small/medium office|
|number of users||1-3|
|throat width||8.74 inches|
|dimensions||11.22" x 21.46" x 14.17"|
|warranty length||2-yr limited; limited lifetime|
|model name||Professional Plus MDPRO 1200|
|distributor||Swinton Avenue Trading Ltd., Inc.|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|total recycled content||0%|
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
No this shredder does not shred CD/DVDs.
The bin holds 5.81 gallons of shredded material.
A waste basket liner/bag between 6 and 19 gallons should fit this shredder nicely.
In our overall offer, there is:
Webster? Handi Bag Waste Liners, 8 Gallon, White, Box Of 130 Item # 870224
We highly recommend Ativa Shredder Oil (item # 926189). The full manual is available anytime by using the "Assembly Instructions" link on this shredder's page, but I took the liberty of pulling out the specific section you need and typing it here. I hope this helps!
"To ensure proper operation and function, periodic oiling of the cutting system is required. Failure to oil your cutting system could result in reduced sheet capacity performance, excess noice, paper jams and possible machine failure. Oil your cutters every 5th-6th time you empty the basket if excess squeaking and rubbing noise is coming from the machine or if the shredder's sheet capacity has diminished. Run the machine in reverse after every 15-30 minutes of continuous use while applying a thin strip of oil to the cutting head.
- Squeeze the lubricant across the full width of the cutters.
- Flip the switch to AUTO ("I") position and activate the cutting system forward for 3 seconds by inserting paper into the sensor (figure G).
- Then flip the switch to reverse for 3 seconds.
- Alternate between forward and reverse at least three times or until all paper clears out of the cutters.
- Clean the shredder housing using a soft cloth dampened with a mild solution of detergent (such as dishwashing liquid) and warm water. DO NOT use chemical cleaners or solvents."
Try unplugging the shredder. Once the shredder is unplugged, try cleaning the sensor with a Q-tip to remove the dust particles, glue or labels that may have blocked it. Follow any other cleaning instructions found in the shredder manual. If this does not resolve your problem, please call 1-877-777-4357. We would be happy to talk you through it!
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability