This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office networks. These basic Layer 3 switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. The 2920 supports modular stacking, 10GbE, RIP and Access OSPF routing, Tunneled node, PoE+, ACLs, sFlow, robust QoS and IPv6. It is optimized for Software-defined Networking (SDN) with OpenFlow support.
|Certifications & Standards||Safety:CE; EN 60825-1; FCC Part 15; EN 55022 Class A; EN 55024: 1998; C-tick; ICES-003, Class A; VCCI; Class A; IEC 60950-1 :Second Edition; EN62479:2010; CSA C22.2 No.; 60950-1-07 2nd Edition; EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011; IEC; 60950-1 (ed.2): am1; Emissions:FCC part 15 Class A; VCCI Class A; EN 55022/CISPR 22 Class A; Immunity:EN 55024, CISPR 24; IEC 61000-4-2; IEC 61000-4-3; IEC 61000-4-4; IEC 61000-4-5; IEC 61000-4-6; IEC 61000-4-8; IEC 61000-4-11; IEC 61000-3-2; IEC 61000-3-3|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP; Stacking Module|
|Flash Memory||1 GB|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||IMC - Intelligent Management Center; Command Line Interface (CLI); Web-based Management; SNMP v1/2c/3; Telnet; RMON; QoS; DHCP; VLAN; MIB; sFlow; Find-Fix-Inform; XRMON|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||7|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 3 x Expansion Slot; 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|ports||44 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 USB|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||No|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Standard Memory||512 MB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||44|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||11.95 lb|
|What's Included||2920-48G Switch; 1 x Power cord; 1 x Modular Power Supply|
Aruba 2920 48G Switch
|The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office networks. These basic Layer 3 switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. The 2920 supports modular stacking, 10GbE, RIP and Access OSPF routing, Tunneled node, PoE+, ACLs, sFlow, robust QoS and IPv6. It is optimized for Software-defined Networking (SDN) with OpenFlow support.|
Flexible, Scalable and SDN Optimized Access Layer Switches
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB, and branch office networks.
- Cost-effective, pay-as-you-grow modular stacking support for up to four 10GBASE-T (or SFP+) links and upgradeable power supplies allow your network to quickly scale when needed.
- Robust Basic Layer 3 feature set includes static and RIP routing, Access OSPF routing, ACLs, sFlow, IPv6, and requires no software licensing.
- Designed with a powerful ProVision ASIC and support for OpenFlow, the Aruba 2930F is ready to take advantage of SDN applications such as HPE Network Visualizer, Optimizer, and Protector Software products.
- Optimized for the digital workplace with unified management tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba Airwave and Aruba Central. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba access points for PoE priority, VLAN configuration, and rogue AP containment.
High Performance and Power at the Edge
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series is designed with a powerful ProVision ASIC, providing low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption so the network can support the media-rich, bandwidth-intensive applications your business demands.
- Increase performance with selectable queue configurations and associated memory buffering that meet your network application requirements.
- With up to 740 W of internal PoE+ power, the Aruba 2920 Switch Series can easily scale to 1440 Watts with a simple connection to an external power supply (EPS) or redundant power supply (RPS).
- Plug and play stacking with automated failover enhances network resiliency and RPS support delivers power redundancy.
- Efficient 80 PLUS Silver Grade Power Supplies, Energy Efficient Ethernet, and LLDP-MED conserve energy resources. Removable power supplies reduce downtime during upgrades and servicing.
Security and Quality of Service (QoS)You Can Rely on
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series includes security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances and help protect your data from both inside and outside attacks.
- Flexible authentication options include standards based security protocols such as 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater, policy-driven application security.
- Powerful, multilevel-access security controls include source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, Port Security, and MAC address lockout.
- Tunneled node to transport network traffic on a per-port basis to Aruba controller with authentication and network policies applied and enforced at the controller.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
- Supports Aruba Airwave to provide common platform for Zero-Touch Provisioning management, and monitoring for wired and wireless network devices.
- Cloud-based management supported by Aruba Central.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- Out-of-band Ethernet management port keeps management traffic segmented from your network data traffic.
(44) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(4) RJ-45 dual-personality 10/100/1000 ports
(2) module slots
|Memory and processor||
Tri Core ARM1176 @ 625 MHz
512 MB SDRAM
Packet buffer size: 11.25 MB (6.75 MB dynamic egress + 4.5 MB ingress)
1 GB flash
100 Mb Latency: < 9 µs
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.3 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 3.2 µs
|Throughput||up to 130.9 Mpps|
|Switching capacity||176 Gbps|
Aruba AirWave Network Management
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
Out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
In-line and out-of-band
Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
|Power supply name||1 x J9739A|
|Input voltage||100 - 240 VAC, rated|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 55°C|
|Operating humidity range||15 to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||70 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||239 BTU/hr (252.15 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.42 x 13.23 x 1.73 in|
- (1) Aruba 2920-48G Switch, (1) Console Cable, (4) Mounting Ears, (1) Power cord, (1) Safety Document
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability