- Home /
- Product Details
- Provides you with detailed sales and inventory reports of your business. Lets you know what is selling and what isn't. Easily access your data in just 1 click.
- Allows you to accept credit and debit cards on your smartphone or tablet. Mobile sales and inventory information syncs with your software, keeping your records accurate and current.
- Real-time inventory tracking lets you know what stock you have on hand. Data is updated instantly with every sale, order and return.
- Lets you track of your customers' shopping history. Allows you to provide better and more personalized service.
- Integrates with QuickBooks financial software. Works with QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier editions (2008-2012), and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition (8.0-12.0), all sold separately.
- Easy to set up. Simply activate your payments account and you are ready to use it. No application required. Monthly service fees and transaction fees apply.
|minimum processor compatibility||multicore processor|
|minimum resolution required||1024 x 768|
|full version/upgrade||full version|
|minimum hard disk space||1 GB|
|total recycled content||10|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008|
|postconsumer recycled content||10|
|memory requirements||2 GB|
From the Manufacturer|
Sales, inventory, and customer information right at your fingertips
Understand your business so you can make better decisions.
QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 gives you detailed sales and inventory reports that let you know what is selling and what is not. You can also keep track of your customers’ shopping history so you can delight them with personalized service and rewards.
NEW Point of Sale now includes a mobile feature that lets you accept credit and debit cards on your mobile phone or tablet—all mobile sales and inventory information syncs with your software keeping your records accurate and up-to-date.
And, Point of Sale is designed to be easy to set up so most retailers can start using the software the same day.
- Point of Sale 2013 Basic Edition
- Cash Drawer
- Receipt Printer
- Barcode Scanner
- Credit Card Reader
- Mobile Card Reader
Point of Sale 2013 Basic Edition
Monitor and PC not included
Credit Card Reader
Mobile Card Reader
Features & Benefits
- Reports on sales, inventory, and customers … one-click access to data and information so you know where you are making money and where you’re not
- Real-time inventory tracking
- Track and use customer information to provide better service
- Accept credit cards on your mobile phone or tablet
- Integrates with QuickBooks Financial software1
Detailed sales and inventory reports let’s you know what is selling and what is not
- Instant reports can show you top selling products, best customers and sales data for any time period you choose.
- Save inventory tracking time. No manual tracking—your inventory is updated with every sale, order, and return.
The customer center helps you keep track of your customers and their shopping habits
- Automatically track and reward your best customers
- Easily access key customer information, like birthdays or last item purchased
- Quickly let your customers know whether or not an item is in stock
- Keep customers coming back with loyalty programs, gift cards, and personalized email reminders, updates, and specials
- Automatically generate letters and customer mailing labels
- Target top customers for an event or promotion
Accept credit cards on your mobile device. All sales and inventory information instantly syncs with your POS software so your records are always accurate and up-to-date.
- Accept payments, and track inventory on your mobile device (smart phone or tablet).
- Information instantly syncs with your POS SW so you can stay on top of your business no matter where you make your next sale
And if you are a QuickBooks user, all your information automatically syncs with your QB financial software
- Transfer data to QuickBooks Accounting software1 Sold separately. with a click. You won't have to worry about data entry errors from retyping data and will be better prepared at tax time.
Point of Sale is designed to be easy to set up so most retailers can start using the Point of Sale the same day.
- Use the simple Setup Interview to get started quickly and easily.
- If you already have lists of customers, items or vendors, you can quickly import them from QuickBooks Accounting software1 or Microsoft Excel2 to help save time on manual data entry.
- You'll also find in-product video tutorials to guide you through the most important daily tasks.
Save time and money accepting credit cards
- Start accepting payments instantly. Simply activate your payments account and you are ready to go. No application required.
- With an integrated payment solution from Intuit and a low-cost card-reader, you can easily record and authorize transactions— there is no need to re-key data and risk making data entry errors.
- No costly terminal or extra phone line needed
- Our rates are competitive and perfect for retailers who accept many payments each day.
- Low monthly service fees
- Low Transaction fees (Rates as low as 1.64%)
- No set up fees
- No cancellation fees
From a brand you can trust.
- From the makers of QuickBooks, TurboTax and Quicken
Get the hardware you need for a complete system. With Point of Sale you get hardware that is guaranteed to work seamlessly with your software. This bundle includes Point of Sale Basic software and a Receipt Printer, Cash Drawer, Barcode Scanner, Credit Card Reader for your PC, and a Mobile Credit Card Reader.3
QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 System Requirements & Configuration Notes
- At least 2 GB of RAM for a single workstation installation
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later strongly recommended), 32-bit, all editions
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista, all editions (SP2 or later strongly recommended)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
- Microsoft® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, or 2010
- Microsoft® Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, or 2010
- Multi-core processor and 4 GB of RAM are recommended for better performance on the Point of Sale server workstation.
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a separately purchased user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.
Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service:
- Optional fee–based service, additional terms & conditions apply.
- Requires a QuickBooks Point of Sale merchant account through Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval and fees apply. Details available at www.payments.intuit.com/posms
- Credit card reader and printer required for credit and debit transactions. PIN pad required for PIN debit transactions.
- Internet connection required.
Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service:
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms & conditions apply
- Requires a gift card account through QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service, provided by Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval and fees apply. Details available at www.payments.intuit.com/posgcs
- Requires QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service gift cards, sold separately
- Internet connection or modem required
- Service is independent of QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service.
- Optional card reader and receipt printer sold separately or available with QuickBooks Point of Sale Solution Software/Hardware bundle.
Financial software integration requires (sold separately):
- QuickBooks Pro or Premier Editions 2008, 2009, 2010, 201, 2012
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Version 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0
- Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
- Zone Labs' Zone Alarm Pro 5
- Trend Micro
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and antivirus products to ensure the best possible performance with Point of Sale.
System Configuration Notes:
- Disk space requirements do not include company data files. If your company data file is very large or includes item pictures, you may need more disk space.
- In order to run several applications simultaneously, your system should have a multi-core processor and at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Point of Sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. We recommend that you contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.
Legal Footnotes for Point of Sale
- QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of Inter -operability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty.
- Works with QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions (2008-2012) and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition (Versions 8.0-12.0). Sold separately.
- Gift Card Service is optional. Application approval, fees and additional terms and conditions apply. Requires QuickBooks POS 6 or higher, Gift Card Service account through Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service, provided by Intuit Payment Solutions and gift cards, internet connection or modem and phone line, sold separately. Terms, conditions, pricing, features and service options subject to change without notice.
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service is optional; sold separately. Requires a QuickBooks Point of Sale merchant account through Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval, fees and additional terms and conditions apply. Details available at www.payments.intuit.com/posms. Credit card reader and printer required for credit and debit transactions. PIN pad required for PIN debit transactions. Internet connection required. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to change at anytime without notice.
- Works with Microsoft ® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 or 2010
- 1 Works with QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions (2008-2012) and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition (Versions 8.0-12.0). Sold separately.
- 2 Works with Microsoft ® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 or 2010
- 3 QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of inter-operability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty. See www.quicbooksspos.com for the full warranty
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability