- Home /
- Product Details
- Huge 8GB memory lets you run your most demanding programs.
- 750GB hard drive holds thousands of songs, photos and documents.
- Wireless-N (802.11n) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Lets you access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange email. Fully compatible with 802.11b/g as well. Wired networking is supported, too.
- 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit TruBrite® display. LED backlighting permits a thinner and more energy-efficient screen.
- Plays and burns CDs and DVDs.
- Memory card reader for fast, easy file transfers. Transfer your digital photos, music and other files from Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD and MultiMediaCard (MMC) memory cards (adapter may be required).
- HDMI port lets you view videos and photos on your HDTV. (HDMI cable sold separately.)
- USB 3.0 port for ultra-fast data transfers. Up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, yet fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
- Built-in HD webcam and microphone let you keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging.
- Up to 4.03 hours of battery life. (As measured by MobileMark™ Office Productivity 2012.) Battery life will vary depending on the product configuration, product model, applications loaded on the product, power management setting of the product, and the product features used by the customer. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and usage.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8. The very latest version of Windows.
- Greener choice — complies with EPA's Energy Star® and EPEAT® Gold standards.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|processor speed||2.5 GHz|
|maximum memory capacity||16 GB|
|optical drive||DVD±RW/DVD-RAM/DVD±R Double Layer|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|wired connectivity||10/100 Ethernet|
|screen size||15.6 inches|
|video hardware||Intel HD graphics with shared graphics memory|
|Operating Systems||Windows 8|
|operating system details||Windows 8|
|memory type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|processor type||Intel Core i3|
|maximum battery life||4.03 hours|
|hard drive capacity||750 GB|
|screen resolution||1366 x 768|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|eco-label/standard||EPEAT Gold; ENERGY STAR|
|processor model||Core i3-3120M|
|ports||1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet; 1 HDMI; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|model name||Satellite C55-A5286|
|audio hardware||DTS Sound|
From the Manufacturer|
C Series Video
- Can I transfer digital pictures onto this Toshiba?
- As an amateur photographer, I always have my camera on hand. It is not unusual for me to snap a few hundred pictures just on a normal afternoon at the zoo with my family. With all of these pictures, I needed a laptop that could store them all. This Toshiba has a memory card reader that easily transfers files from a variety of SD cards, memory sticks, and other external drives. The files can then be stored on the computer for later access.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Numeric 10-key PadEnjoy faster typing, smoother data entry and more convenient gaming commands with a full-size keyboard and a handy numeric 10-key pad.
EPEAT™ Gold RegisteredEPEAT™ Gold is the highest possible ranking of the acclaimed Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool which measures products across 51 different dimensions.
Memory Card ReaderTransfer files easily from your digital camera, camcorder, MP3 player or smart phone, sharing home movies and playlists with SD cards, Memory Sticks and more.
WebcamThe built-in webcam on this PC makes it easy to Skype® and chat live with friends and family or videoconference with co-workers. You’ll also be able to take and store still pictures.
6-Cell Li-ion Battery PackThis rechargeable 6-Cell battery is perfect for staying connected longer while on the go.
ENERGY STAR QualifiedEngineered with respect to our planet, 93% of Toshiba laptops, netbooks and Tablet PCs have met the ENERGY STAR 4.0 standard since it was established in 2007.
Eco UtilityQuickly adjust the settings and power plan of your laptop and monitor your ongoing power usage with just a click.
LED Backlit DisplayLast longer, use less power, and warm up quicker with the unique LED backlit display.
HDMI® portScale up your gaming, movies and music on a home theater - with full 1080p high-definition video, and amazingly immersive surround sound.
Touch pad with Multi-touchEnjoy the ability to pinch, swipe, rotate or scroll through images on the display screen with a simple brush of your fingers.
USB 3.0Get maximum performance when connecting the latest external devices, with blazing fast transfer speeds.
|Processor:||Intel® Core™ i3-3120M Processor|
|Operating System:||Windows 8|
|Memory:||8GB DDR3 1600MHz memory|
|Display Size:||15.6" widescreen|
|Display Type:||HD TruBrite® LED Backlit display|
|Display Resolution:||1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content|
|Graphics Engine:||Mobile Intel® HD Graphics|
|Hard Drive:||750 GB (5400rpm, Serial ATA)|
|Optical Drive:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)|
|Optical Drives:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer) supporting up to 11 fomats|
|Webcam:||HD Webcam and Microphone|
|Wireless:||Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n)|
|Inputs and Controls:||Premium US keyboard with 10-key pad (Black), Touch pad pointing device with multi touch control|
|Security and Protection:||HDD Recovery, Security Cable Lock Slot|
|LAN:||10/100 Ethernet LAN|
|Audio:||Built-in microphone, Headphone jack (stereo), Built-in stereo speakers|
|AC Adapter:||65W (19V 3.42A) 100-240V/50-60Hz AC Adapter|
|Battery:||Li-Ion (48Wh, 6-Cell)|
|Battery Life:||Up to 4.0 hours using Windows 8 (MobileMark™ Office Productivity 2012)|
|Express Card Slot:||No PC Express Slot|
|SmartCard Reader:||No SmartCard Reader slot|
|Media:||Memory Card Reader|
|USB Ports:||1-USB (3.0) port, 2-USB (2.0) ports|
|HDMI:||HDMI® output port|
|Software:||1 month trial for new Microsoft® Office 365 customers, DTS Sound™ Hard disk (HDD) recovery, Internet Explorer® 10, Norton™ Anti-Theft (30-day Trial), Norton™ Internet Security (30-day trial subscription), Norton™ PC Checkup, Norton™ Online Backup (30-day Trial), Origin powered by EA Game Console, TOSHIBA App Place, TOSHIBA BookPlace™ TOSHIBA HDD Protection, TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio Truelink+, TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator, TOSHIBA Resolution+ Upconvert Technology for Media Player, TOSHIBA Service Station, Toshiba Start, TOSHIBA Video Player, TOSHIBA eco Utility™ WildTangent® Game Console|
|Weight:||Starting at 5.4 lbs|
|Color:||Mercury Silver in Fusion® Horizon|
|Standards:||EPEAT™ Gold, Energy Star Qualified, RoHS Compatible|
|Standard Limited Warranty:||1-Yr Parts and Labor, 1-Year Battery|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability