SanDisk® Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 32GB Item # 419087
USB 3.0 flash drive delivers fast transfers of large photos, videos and other files
- Includes SanDisk SecureAccess software to help keep private files private.
- USB 3.0 connectivity delivers with fast data transfers.
- Compatible with Windows® and Mac operating systems.
- Provides up to 32GB of storage for your photos, videos and data files.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|storage capacity||32 GB|
|operating system compatibility||Windows; Mac|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|
SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (32 GB)
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 40 seconds1
- Transfer speeds up to ten times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives2
- Includes 32 GB3 of storage space for large files
- Protect private files with SanDisk SecureAccess software4
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports
- Five-year limited warranty5
- My USB flash drive is NOT detected when plugged in to my PC. What do I do?
SOLUTION 1 - Verify if minimum operating system requirements are met.
SOLUTION 2 - Try other USB ports if the light on the flash drive does NOT illuminate when plugged in.
If the USB is not receiving ample amount of power from the USB port, it will not function properly.
If the LED does NOT illuminate on multiple computers, contact SanDisk Support to check warranty status.
SOLUTION 3 - Check status of the USB under Device Manager.
STEP 1 - Connect the USB to the PC
If you receive a "USB Device Not Recognized" error on the computer, the flash drive is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
STEP 2 - Check under Device Manager
NOTE: An administrator right to your computer may be required to perform below steps.
1. Open the Computer Management Console
2. Click Device Manager on the left pane.
NOTE: The USB might show up under several places under Device Manager such as:
1. Disk Drives
2. DVD/CD-ROM drives
3. Universal Serial Bus controls as USB Mass Storage.
If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) beside the device, try to refresh the drivers.
STEP 3 - Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click on the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action then select Scan for hardware changes.
STEP 4 - Verify if the flash drive is detected
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Look for the USB under devices with removable storage.
SOLUTION 4 - There might be a conflict in drive letters, see Resolving drive letter conflict.
- Why can't my USB flash drive be detected by my Mac computer?
- Mac OS 9.0 and above does NOT require special drivers to detect USB flash drives.
The USB flash drives will NOT be detected if the USB Mass Storage driver was modified or deleted. Remove all USB devices from the system, download the USB driver from Apple's website, then install it.
Also try to plug the USB flash drive directly into the Mac computer, instead of plugging it to USB port on the keyboard.
- How do I format my USB Drive with third party tools?
There are several free PC applications available online for formatting USB drives such as HP USB Disk Format Tool , 2Tware Fat32Format , and miniAide Fat32 Formatter.
These tools will allow you to format 64GB flash drives into the Fat32 file system for use in enviroments that are not compatible with the exFat file system.
Note: Formatting deletes all data on the drive, be sure to back up your data before formatting.
- How do I delete files on my Cruzer USB flash drive using a Mac?
- 1. Plug your Cruzer USB drive into the USB port. A USB drive icon will appear on the desktop.
2. In the sample image below(as a representation, yours may vary), our USB drive is named Cruzer Drive.
3. Double-click on Cruzer Drive.
4. Select the files or folders you want to delete by clicking on them.
NOTE: To select multiple files or folders, hold down the APPLE key while you click and select the files or folders you want.
5. Drag the selected files or folders to the Trash.
NOTE: You MUST empty the trash bin after you deleted files on your USB flash drives in order to re-gain the capacity.
6. Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on Trash, and then select Empty Trash.
7. Click OK.
Note: If the amount of free space remains the same after you emptied the trash bin, re-format your device.
- How do I format my drive or device using Disk Management?
For legacy U3 Smart Cruzers - Formatting will not uninstall U3.
For MP3 players - the player has to be in MSC mode before connecting to the PC.
For miniSD/microSD cards - The cards must be used with a compatible reader before it can be read in the computer.
STEP 1 - Connect your flash drive, MP3 player (in MSC mode), memory card or card reader to the PC
STEP 2 - Open the Computer Management Console
1. Open the Computer Management Console
2. Under Storage, click Disk Management on the left pane.
STEP 3 - Format the device / MP3 player
1. Right-click on the drive / device you want to format then select Format.
2. Occasionally, a warning may come out concerning active partition, click Yes.
3. You can leave the formatting options such as the Volume label and File system to default.
4. Click OK to format.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Transfer Full-Length Movies in Less Than 40 SecondsWhen plugged into a USB 3.0 port, the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive lets you move, store, and share your favorite movies up to ten times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive2 . You can even transfer a full-length movie in less than 40 seconds.1
File Transfers up to Ten Times FasterTransferring large files such as HD videos6 , high-resolution photos, presentations, and graphics from your flash drive to your computer can mean a long wait if you're using a USB 2.0-enabled flash drive. With its USB 3.0 interface, the 32 GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive provides transfer speeds up to ten times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive2 .
Portable Storage for Movies, Photos, Songs, and MoreCompact and portable, the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive allows you to easily store, transfer, and share your files anywhere you go. The drive includes 32 GB3 of storage space, so you have ample room for all your movies, photos, music, and presentations.
Compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0 Ports
The SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive is backward compatible with USB 2.0, so you can plug it into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce WaitingWith read speeds of up to 100 MB/s and transfer speeds up to ten times faster than USB 2.02 , the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive reduces the time you'll spend waiting for files to move from the flash drive to your computer. And because the drive is backward compatible, it works in any USB 2.0 port.
Share Files Faster with USB 3.0Transferring large files like HD movies from the drive to your computer is quick and easy. Simply plug the drive into your computer's USB port and drag your files into the drive's folder. With 32 GB3 of storage, the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive is a convenient way to back up essential documents.
Includes Data Recovery Software
The drive comes with a one-year subscription to RescuePRO Deluxe recovery software7 . With RescuePRO Deluxe software, it's easy to recover deleted or lost photos or videos and save them to your computer--even if the files were deleted months ago.
Password Protect Your Private Files
With SanDisk SecureAccess software, you can secure your private files in a password-protected folder while keeping your other files available to share4 . With 128-bit encryption, the drive keeps your sensitive files private, even when you share it with friends.
SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (32 GB).
SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drives
|SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (256 GB)||SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (128 GB)||SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (64GB)||SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (32GB)||SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive (16GB)|
|Performance||Up to 100MB/s read speed||Up to 100MB/s read speed||Up to 100MB/s read speed||Up to 100MB/s read speed||Up to 100MB/s read speed|
|USB 3.0 enabled (USB 2.0 compatible)||
|SanDisk SecureAccess software||
|RescuePRO file recovery software||
|Dimensions||56.09 x 21.59 x 10.41mm or 2.87 x 0.87 x 0.42in||56.09 x 21.59 x 10.41mm or 2.87 x 0.87 x 0.42in||56.09 x 21.59 x 10.41mm or 2.87 x 0.87 x 0.42in||56.09 x 21.59 x 10.41mm or 2.87 x 0.87 x 0.42in||56.09 x 21.59 x 10.41mm or 2.87 x 0.87 x 0.42in|
|Operating temperature||32° 113°F (0° 45°C)||32° 113°F (0° 45°C)||32° 113°F (0° 45°C)||32° 113°F (0° 45°C)||32° 113°F (0° 45°C)|
|Storage temperature||50° 158°F ( 10° 70°C)||50° 158°F ( 10° 70°C)||50° 158°F ( 10° 70°C)||50° 158°F ( 10° 70°C)||50° 158°F ( 10° 70°C)|
|Warranty||5-year limited warranty||5-year limited warranty||5-year limited warranty||5-year limited warranty||5-year limited warranty|
SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
SuperSpeed USB delivers effortless audio/video streaming, music and photos to your home, office, car, and anywhere in between. SuperSpeed USB transfers data up to 5Gbps, up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB. SuperSpeed USB works with all USB products. It’s backward compatible with USB 2.0.
USB 3.1 SpecificationThe USB 3.1 specification includes definitions for both 5Gbps (Gen 1) and 10Gbps (Gen 2) data rates:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 – SuperSpeed USB (Products signal at 5Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 – SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (products signal at 10Gbps)
Note: The terms USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 are synonymous
What the Logos Mean to YouTo use the SuperSpeed USB logo and icons, products must pass USB-IF certification testing to ensure they are built to meet the USB specifications and interoperate with other USB devices. This means you can be confident that Certified USB products will work with other Certified USB products. This content is being provided for educational purposes only and does not imply that the associated product has been certified. To confirm if a device has been certified, visit the www.usb.org website or look for the Certified SuperSpeed USB logo on the product or product packaging.
- 1 Less than 40 seconds is only applicable for 32/64/128GB capacities. Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes, and other factors.
- 2 Write to drive up to 10 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); up to 100MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes.
- 3 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
- 4 Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS X v10.5+ (software download required for Mac, see www.SanDisk.com/SecureAccess).
- 5 See www.sandisk.com/wug for warranty terms.
- 6 HD (1280x720) video support may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors.
- 7 Registration required; terms and conditions apply.