This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP 10508 Switch Chassis Item # 428214
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE 10500 Switch Series is an enterprise campus core switch designed to meet the evolving needs of a cloud-connected and rich-media-capable infrastructure. It sets a benchmark for performance, reliability, and scalability with powerful Clos architecture (multistage switching network), offers 3-microsecond latency, delivers ultra-high 1/10/40GbE port density and supports 100GbE. With HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology, the 10500 Switch Series can be virtualized across four chassis with a single management interface-enabling flatter, more agile networks.
|Compatible Rack Unit||14U|
|Expansion Slot Type||Management Module|
|Flash Memory||128 MB|
|form factor||Rack-mountable; Desktop|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||Intelligent Management Center; QoS; CLI; DHCP; Telnet; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; MIB; RMON 1, 2, 3, 9; VLAN; Web-Based Management; sFlow|
|Memory Technology||DDR2 SDRAM|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||14|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|Standard Memory||1 GB|
|Weight (Approximate)||125 lb|
|Show More ▾|
HPE FlexNetwork 10508 Switch Chassis
|The HPE 10500 Switch Series is an enterprise campus core switch designed to meet the evolving needs of a cloud-connected and rich-media-capable infrastructure. It sets a benchmark for performance, reliability, and scalability with powerful Clos architecture (multistage switching network), offers 3-microsecond latency, delivers ultra-high 1/10/40GbE port density and supports 100GbE. With HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology, the 10500 Switch Series can be virtualized across four chassis with a single management interface—enabling flatter, more agile networks.|
What is New
Performance, Reliability and Future-proof Scalability for the Campus
- The HPE 10500 Switch Series provides a high-speed, fully distributed Clos architecture (multistage switching network) with up to 11.52 Tbps switching capacity and up to 13.72 Tbps switching fabric capacity to meet the demands of bandwidth-intensive applications today and in the future.
- Delivers ultra-high 1/10/40/100GbE port density and 3-microsecond latency. With 12 interface module slots, the switch can provide 24x100GbE ports, 144x40GbE ports, 576x10GbE ports, or 576x1GbE ports. It also offers a choice of a 4-, 8-, and 12-slot chassis.
- HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) allows up to four 10500 Switch Series chassis to be virtualized into a single switching/routing fabric that can support more than 2,300 line-rate 10GbE ports, 576 line-rate 40GbE ports, or 96 line-rate 100GbE ports.
- No hidden costs with license-free Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, MPLS functionality, and robust Quality of Service (QoS).
Optimized Architecture for a Cloud-connected and Media-rich Network
- The HPE 10500 Switch Series delivers a Clos architecture (multistage switching network) simplifying large-scale switching architecture deployements, reducing possible fault points, and providing stronger defense capabilities.
- HPE Comware 7, an advanced modular operating system, has native high stability, independent process monitoring, and modular design to easily restart processes for seamless upgrades to individual software modules, enhancing serviceability and greater availability.
- Fully featured with included software upgrades to support network deployments across the campus core to aggregation.
- Open application architecture enables fully-integrated high-performance application-specific modules.
Robust Security and QoS Controls
- The HPE 10500 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a highly trusted network that meets your ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, and Endpoint Admission Defense, providing you with increased security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, are available to manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Included with 10500 Series Switches are a powerful set of multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS, SSH, TACACS/TACACS+, to protect and control change management access.
Single Management View of the Network
- The HPE FlexNetwork 10500 Switch Series can be managed as a part of a larger network with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software.
- IMC provides end-to-end visibility and control of the wired network through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- IMC functions seamlessly in a multivendor network environment providing ease of management across the network edge to data center.
- IMC supports port and traffic mirroring, RMON and sFlow.
(8) I/O module slots
Supports a maximum of 384 10GbE ports or 192 1/10GBASE-T ports or 384 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 64 40GbE ports or 16 100GbE ports, or a combination
|Memory and processor||
Dual Core MIPS @ 1.2 GHz
512 MB flash
8 GB DDR2 SDRAM
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C)
Terminal interface (serial RS-232C)
IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
Ethernet interface MIB
100 - 120 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated
-48 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.32 x 25.98 x 24.41 in|
- (1) HPE FlexNetwork 10508 Switch Chassis