This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Toshiba Canvio® Basics 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, 8MB Cache, Black Item # 435002
Reliable storage and easy portability
- Compact design for easy transport. Sleek-looking drive is about the size of a postcard.
- Great for use as portable add-on storage. Adding storage capacity is easy and simple.
- Plug-and-play operation lets you use it right out of the box. There's no software to install. Just connect the drive to the USB port on your computer.
- Internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology help guard against accidents and drops to keep the drive — and your files — safe.
- USB-powered, eliminating the need for a separate power cable.
- Smudge-resistant design stays cleaner for a nicer look.
- Powered by USB 3.0 technology, it transfers your data fast.
- Eco-conscious choice — has one or more meaningful eco-attributes or eco-labels.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|rotational speed||5400 rpm|
|storage capacity||2 TB|
|maximum data transfer rate||5|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||Canvio Basics|
|package contents||2TB Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive (Black); USB 3.0 Cable (compatible with USB 2.0); Quick Install Guide|
|Product Name||2TB Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive (Black)|
|buffer size||8 MB|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||5400|
|dimensions||0.81"H x 3.1"W x 4.7"D|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows 8|
|cache size||8 MB|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Portable, plug-and-play storage.Get all the storage capacity you need for your important digital content—and keep it all in one place, everywhere you go. This device accommodates large digital files with spacious storage capacity of up to 2 TB11. Powered directly from the USB port on your PC, it offers easy add-on storage with no software installation necessary and the simplicity of plug-and-play operation.
An easy traveler.The perfect companion for your notebook computer, this portable hard drive offers up to 2 terabyte of storage11—all in a compact, smudge-resistant design. So you can take all your files with you, without carrying a heavy load.
On-the-go protection.An Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp-Loading Technology helps protect your drive from damage due to accidental drops.27 Toshiba’s reputation for long-term durability and reliability, plus a one-year standard limited warranty18provides even more peace of mind.
For those who want easy, effective drag-and-drop storage to manage their growing digital library, the Canvio® Basics is an ideal choice. Offering up to 2 terabytes11 of capacity, and powered by USB 3.0 technology, it lets you copy even the largest files off your PC and onto the drive faster than ever before. Thanks to a special internal shock sensor and ramp-loading technology that guards against accidents and drops for greater peace of mind and its compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0 connections, it’s also the perfect way to share or transport your digital content.
Your digital world isn’t getting any smaller. So safeguard your important data, entertainment and memories, while expanding your storage effortlessly. And forge ahead confidently with Toshiba’s Canvio® Basics portable hard drive.
Canvio® and Storage Disclaimers
1. Includes free 30-day trial of cloud back-up.
2. Requires properly equipped DLNA-compatible devices.
3. For Windows® OS only. Includes free 30 day trial of cloud backup
4. Compatible with WLAN-capable devices only
5. Compatible with SDHC™ compatible devices only
6. The warranty brochure is included with the product or can be viewed online at http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/accessories 5yr. For Canada the warranty information is available at http://www.toshiba.ca/warranty
7. Check with your device manufacturer for full compatibility.
8. Security software is available via download and is compatible with Windows® only.
9. Includes NTFS driver for Mac® on select models only
10. Use of Time Machine® software requires the drive to be reformatted to HFS+.
11. External HDD Capacity: One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB=230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity will also be less if the computer includes one or more pre-installed operating systems, pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
12. USB connection required.
13. Internet access required.
14. PC must be powered on.
15. Includes free downloadable copy of Pogoplug® PC with 10GB of free cloud storage. Internet connection required for remote access.
16. The preloaded NTI Backup Now EZ software is compatible with Windows® OS only.
17. USB 3.0: 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
18. Warranty: The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
19. SD memory card sold separately.
20. Battery life may differ depending on user conditions. See http://info.toshiba.com/ for more information.
21. Chromecast TM device sold separately.
22. Support for PC or Mac®: Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows® 7. Mac® OS X® 10.7 and 10.8 with included NTFS driver for Mac® Support for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ platform based smartphone and tablet: iOS® version 4. Android™ version 2.3 Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
23. Secured via the user-defined wireless network password established under the device Settings.
24. For use with external hard drives (NTFS format, only). External hard drive sold separately. Future compatibility of non-Toshiba external hard drives may vary. Mobile device refers to iOS® and Android™ mobile devices. Support for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ platform based smartphone and tablet: iOS® version 6; Android™ version 2.3. Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
25. Product needs to be plugged to a power source.
26. Chromecast™ media streaming device (sold separately) required. Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
27. Approximate usable capacity (1GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes): 57.6GB (64GB drive), 28.8GB (32GB drive), 14.4GB (16GB drive), 7.2GB (8GB drive)
28. Adjacent placement dependent upon USB port configuration. Compatibility and performance may vary.
29. Support for PC or Mac®: Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Mac OS X® 10.6.6 through 10.8.