HP 5800AF-48G Switch Item # 436088
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
HPE 5800 Switch Series gives you versatility and high performance in a 10/100/1000 top-of-rack, data center switch architecture that offers deployment flexibility. With a choice of models that support high-density server links with copper or fiber, you can build superior networks tailored for your specific application needs. While Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) reduces management complexities by up to 88%, it also delivers <50 msec convergence time. You can rely on the 5800 Switch Series to deliver high performance and lower TCO, while delivering business resilience and high availability.
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet; 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Flash Memory||512 MB|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Management||IMC - Intelligent Management Center; Command-line interface; Web browser; SNMP v1, v2c, and v3; Telnet; RMON1; FTP; QOS; DHCP; VLAN|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Network Technology||10/100/1000Base-T; 10GBase-X|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||48|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||6|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||6|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 6 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Shared SFP Slot||No|
|Standard Memory||2 GB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|Weight (Approximate)||22.05 lb|
|Show More ▾|
HPE FlexFabric 5800AF 48G Switch
|HPE 5800 Switch Series gives you versatility and high performance in a 10/100/1000 top-of-rack, data center switch architecture that offers deployment flexibility. With a choice of models that support high-density server links with copper or fiber, you can build superior networks tailored for your specific application needs. While Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) reduces management complexities by up to 88%, it also delivers <50 msec convergence time. You can rely on the 5800 Switch Series to deliver high performance and lower TCO, while delivering business resilience and high availability.|
What is New
Versatile Data Center Switches
- The HPE 5800 Switch Series is available in several models offering flexible 10/100/1000 bps deployments and are specifically designed for the top-of-rack in data center environments.
- Models offer 24 or 48 ports for high density requirements.
- Switches offer RJ45, SFP and SFP+ server connectivity for flexibility.
- The 5800 Switch Series offers PoE and PoE+ options for environments requiring PoE.
Business Agility and Resilience with Comware 7
- The HPE 5800 Switch Series delivers IRF <50 msec convergence time enabling faster application response time.
- The In Service Software Update (ISSU) enables high availability with updates accomplished without a reboot or power cycle, in the background.
- Full Layer 2/Layer 3 features set with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack.
Simplicity and Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- The HPE 5800 Switch Series simplifies switch management by up to 88% with IRF.
- No extra hidden cost with simple, one license per switch for all OS features.
- All switch ports are active and ready to use without need for activation licenses.
- Automate tedious tasks with Software-defined Network (SDN) and reclaim wasted resources.
- Full-featured console: provides complete control of the switch with a familiar CLI
- Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network
- RMON and sFlow: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events
- Multiple configuration files: allow multiple configuration files to be stored to a flash image
- Troubleshooting: Ingress and egress port monitoring: enable network problem solving. Traceroute and ping: enable testing of network connectivity. Virtual cable tests: provide visibility to cable problems.
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- 32K MAC addresses: provide access to many Layer 2 devices
- 4,094 port-based VLANs: provide security between workgroups
- IEEE 802.1ad QinQ and selective QinQ: increases the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connect multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network
- Gigabit Ethernet port aggregation: allows grouping of ports to increase overall data throughput to a remote device
(48) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(6) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports
|Memory and processor||
2048 MB flash
Packet buffer size: 8 MB
512 MB SDRAM
|Throughput||up to 161 Mpps|
|Routing/switching capacity||216 Gbps|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
|Input voltage||100 - 120 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90%|
|Heat dissipation||426 BTU/hr (449.43 kJ/hr)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.32 x 25.98 x 1.72 in|
- (1) HPE FlexFabric 5800AF-48G Switch