This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The HPE 5830 Switch Series provides versatility and high performance in 10/100/1000 top-of-rack, data center switches with large, deep packet buffers for loss-sensitive applications. With high-density 48 or 96 ports for server connectivity, you can scale your deployments and benefit from the 10GbE uplinks. While Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) reduces management complexities by up to 75%, it also delivers <50 msec convergence time. The 5830 Switch Series delivers high performance and lower total cost ownership (TCO), while providing business resilience and high availability.
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards:802.1ag; 802.1D; 802.1p; 802.1Q; 802.1s; 802.1v; 802.1w; 802.1X; 802.3ad; 802.3ae; 802.3af; 802.3at; 802.3x; Safety:UL 60950-1; EN 60825-1; EN 60825-2; IEC60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; ANATEL; ULAR; GOST; EN 60950-1/A11; FDA 21 CFR; NOM; Emissions:VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; ANSIC63.4 2003; AS/NZS CISPR22 Class A; EN61000-3-2:2006; EN 61000-3-3:1995+A1:2001+A2:2005; EMC directive 2004/108/EC; FCC (CFR 47, Part 15) Class A|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP; SFP+|
|Flash Memory||64 MB|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||Web-based Management; CLI; Telnet; DHCP; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; RMON 1, 2, 3, 9; MIB II; VLAN; QoS|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of SFP Slots||2|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||5|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|ports||48 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 48 Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+, RJ-45)|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Standard Memory||1 GB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||14.53 lb|
HPE FlexFabric 5830AF 48G 1-slot Switch
|The HPE 5830 Switch Series provides versatility and high performance in 10/100/1000 top-of-rack, data center switches with large, deep packet buffers for loss-sensitive applications. With high-density 48 or 96 ports for server connectivity, you can scale your deployments and benefit from the 10GbE uplinks. While Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) reduces management complexities by up to 75%, it also delivers <50 msec convergence time. The 5830 Switch Series delivers high performance and lower total cost ownership (TCO), while providing business resilience and high availability.|
High Density Top-of-Rack Data Center Switches with Deep Buffers
- The HPE 5830 Switch Series is available in 10/100/1000 bps models with large data buffers for loss-sensitive environments.
- Models offer 48 or 96 ports for high density server connectivity requirements.
- The 5830 Switch Series offer deep packet buffers for heavy I/O traffic and loss-sensitive applications.
High-Performance Gigabit Data Center Switching
- The HPE 5830 Switch Series delivers 160 Gbps switching capacity in 48-port models and 392 Gbps in 96-port models.
- Supports up to 119 Mpps throughput in 48-port models and 291.6 Mpps in 96-port ones.
- Two or ten 10GbE SFP+ uplinks for better performance in 48-port and 96-port models respectively.
- Deep packet buffers of 1G and 3G in 48-port and 96-port models respectively.
Business Agility and Resilience with Comware
- The HPE 5830 Switch Series delivers IRF <50 msec convergence time enabling faster applications response time.
- The ISSU enables high availability with updates accomplished in the background without a reboot or power cycle.
- Full L2/L3 feature set with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack.
Simplicity and Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- The HPE 5830 Switch Series uses IRF to simplify switch management by up to 75%.
- No extra hidden cost with simple one license per switch for all OS features.
- All switch ports are active and ready to use without need for activation licenses.
- Automate tedious tasks and reclaim wasted resources with Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software and Software-defined Networking (SDN).
- Device Link Detection Protocol (DLDP): monitors link connectivity and shuts down ports at both ends if unidirectional traffic is detected, preventing loops in STP-based networks
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): allows groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available routed environments
- Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF): creates virtual resilient switching fabrics, where two or more switches perform as a single L2 switch and L3 router; switches do not have to be co-located and can be part of a disaster recovery system; servers or switches can be attached using standard LACP for automatic load balancing and high availability; can eliminate the need for complex protocols like Spanning Tree Protocol, Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP), or VRRP, thereby simplifying network operation
- Rapid Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP): connects multiple switches in a high-performance ring using standard Ethernet technology; traffic can be rerouted around the ring in less than 200 ms, reducing the impact on traffic and applications
- Smart link: allows 200 ms failover between links
- Spanning Tree/MSTP and RSTP: prevent network loops
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) protocol snooping: effectively control and manage the flooding of multicast packets in a Layer 2 network
- 32K MAC addresses: provide access to many Layer 2 devices
- IEEE 802.1ad QinQ and Selective QinQ: increase the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connect multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network
- 10GbE port aggregation: allows grouping of ports to increase overall data throughput to a remote device
(48) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(2) dual-personality ports - auto-sensing 10/100/1000Base-T or SFP
(2) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports
(1) extended module slot
|Memory and processor||
64 MB flash
Packet buffer size: 1 GB
1 GB SDRAM
|Throughput||up to 119 Mpps|
|Switching capacity||160 Gbps|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
100 - 240 VAC, rated
-40 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||5 to 95%|
|Heat dissipation||440 BTU/hr (464.2 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.32 x 18.11 x 1.72 in|
- (1) HPE 5830AF-48G Switch with 1 Interface Slot
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability