Get accurate and precise drawings with this comfortable drawing board.
Legs feature rubber feet for sturdy placement. Nonslip table grips allow the board to overhang a table's edge for added convenience.
Smooth-gliding parallel straight edge ruler easily adjusts to paper thickness.
Wood fiber board features a durable melamine drawing surface.
Board can be used flat or with hinged folding legs.
Lightweight board features a carrying handle for easy portability.
Staedtler� Parallel Straight Edge Drawing Board, 18 x 24, White
One of the worst products I've ever purchased.
1. The horizontal rule would not stay horizontal.
2. The board was BADLY warped.
3. The string and pulley system that the horizontal rule uses is shoddily made and loose.
I'll just take this back and see if I can find an old fashioned wood drafting board and T-square.
June 4, 2013
Do Not Buy!
I bought and returned in less than 30 minutes. Ive never returned something so quickly in my life. At first it seems nice, but as soon as you put the flimsy plastic legs down, you know you're in for trouble.
The straight edge is the real reason this is getting one star. While it may be straight, you wont ever draw 2 lines that are parallel! its incredibly sloppy and your lines could be off by as much at 5 degrees in either direction. While the drawing surface is nice, the complete lack of engineering involved is appalling and renders it useless. I should have known by all the units my store had in stock were returned and taped up and probably returned several times.
March 26, 2013
Poor product buy a different one
In summary, my criticism and reason for returning this product:
1. The parallel slide does not allow enough room for even tracing paper to be placed underneath and for you to slide the rule up and down. My paper repeatedly got caught and I spent my time trying to feed the paper underneath the rule.
2. The parallel rule was not straight. Thank goodness I tested it on a scrap piece of paper, it did not enable me to draw a straight horizontal line.
3. For such a cheap price, it is of course poor quality. I could have lived with the poor quality (it came out of the box damaged/peeling at the top left corner) if it drew straight lines and wasn't chewing up my paper.
I'm now back to square one searching for a usable product.
February 5, 2013