HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Scanner, Copier And Fax, B9S76A#B1H Item # 470680
Print from your computer, tablet or mobile device with the wireless all-in-one HP OfficeJet 5740 color printer. This printer, scanner, copier and fax machine lets you supply just 1 machine rather than 4.
- HP OfficeJet 5740 all-in-one printer features a built-in wireless (802.11b/g/n) connection for printing without cables. Wi-Fi Direct supports a host of mobile printing options, including HP ePrint and AirPrint. Print wirelessly from most smartphones and tablets with Android, iOS, BlackBerry®, Windows® 8 or Windows® RT operating systems.
- Built-in 15-sheet photo tray allows you to print 4" x 6" photos from your mobile device without switching paper.
- HP OfficeJet 5740 wireless printer prints up to 12 pages per minute (ppm) (ISO) in black and up to 8 pages per minute (ppm) (ISO) in color.
- Color resolution up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi offers crisp, laser-quality images.
- Copies up to 10 cpm (ISO) in black and up to 5 cpm (ISO) in color. Copy resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi in color and up to 300 x 300 dpi in black.
- Flatbed scanner with 24-bit color and 8.5" x 11.7" scan area. Scan resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi reproduces exact colors and large documents. Scan directly to a computer, a memory card or an e-mail address. Scans as quickly as 15 seconds per scan.
- High-speed fax with up to 100-page fax memory to meet your office needs. Features up to 99 speed dials.
- HP OfficeJet 5740 inkjet printer is compatible with a variety of media. Prints on plain, inkjet and photo paper, HP premium media, envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, borderless media and iron-on transfers.
- Automatic 2-sided printing saves paper and money.
- 125-sheet paper tray can handle complex print jobs. Also features a 15-sheet photo tray for specialty media.
- 1,000-sheet monthly volume.
- Built-in 2.65" color touch screen lets you view, edit and print photos right from the screen.
- 128MB of built-in memory and a 525MHz processor speed for improved print, scan and copy speeds.
- Instant Ink eligible. HP Ink ordered by your printer based on the number of pages you print monthly. Compatible with select HP printers.
- Eco-conscious choice — has one or more meaningful eco attributes or eco-labels.
- Energy efficient — helps you save money on utility bills and may reduce your carbon footprint. Designed to use less energy than alternative products.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|Maximum Print Size||Legal - 8.50" x 14.02"|
|maximum color copy speed||5 cpm|
|fax transmission speed||3 spp (33.6 Kbps)|
|maximum black and white print speed||12 ppm|
|System Requirements||PC: Windows 7, 8, 8.1: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer.; Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer.; Mac: OS X v10.7 LIon, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, 1 GB HD, Internet, USB|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR|
|Memory Card Slot||Yes|
|USB Standard||USB 2.0|
|Media Size||A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; A5 - 5.80" x 8.30"; B5 - 6.90" x 9.80"; DL Envelope - 4.30" x 8.60"; C6 Envelope - 4.48" x 6.68"; A6 - 4.10" x 5.80"; Legal - 8.50" x 14.02"; Custom Size; 3.94" x 5.91"|
|maximum copy enlargement||400%|
|maximum copy reduction||25%|
|Fax Memory Capacity||100 pages|
|automatic document feeder||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||SD|
|ISO Color Print Speed (ppm)||8 ppm|
|media type||Plain Paper; Photo Paper; Envelope; Inkjet Paper; Transparency; Label; Card Stock; Premium Paper; Iron-on Transfer; Borderless Media|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 62 Black; HP 62 tricolor|
|number of paper trays||2|
|dimensions||7.6"H x 17.9"W x 16.1"D|
|Media Handling||1 x Input Tray 125 Sheet; 1 x Output Tray 25 Sheet; 1 x Automatic Document Feeder 25 Sheet; 1 x Photo Tray 15 Sheet|
|LCD size||2.65 inches|
|First Print Speed||18 Second Monochrome Ready; 22 Second Color Ready|
|USB Direct Printing||Yes|
|Standard Memory||128 MB|
|Number of Input/Multipurpose Trays Installed||2|
|ISO Mono Print Speed (ppm)||12 ppm|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Mac OS X Lion; Mac OS X Mountain Lion; Mac OS X Mavericks|
|connector type||USB 2.0; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|print technology||Ink-jet - color|
|maximum color copy resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum monthly volume||1,000 sheets|
|maximum sheet size||letter (8 1/2" x 11")|
|Wireless Print Technology||HP ePrint; Wi-Fi Direct; Apple AirPrint|
|power source||AC Supply|
|PC faxing capability||yes|
|mobile printing||app based|
|Color Cartridge Type||Single Multicolor Cartridge|
|maximum color print speed||8 ppm|
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|Maximum Copy Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Product Name||Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer|
|Language Emulation||PCL 3 GUI|
|Number of Copies||20|
|total paper tray capacity||140 sheets|
|maximum black and white copy speed||10 cpm|
|automatic document feeder capacity||25 sheets|
|Mobile Device Printing||Yes|
|number of colors||4|
|functionality||copy; fax; print; scan|
|scanner optical resolution||1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
A sleek and versatile e-all-in-one designed for easy, convenient mobile printing,h1 and for printing laser-quality documents and lab-quality photos. This powerful machine has all the features you need to complete projects for work and the family.
Speed through home and work tasks with this sleek, sophisticated HP Officejet e-all-in-one that supports the needs of your busy family. Create stunning, lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents with ease.
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the HP color touchscreen.
Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook at work, home, or on the go.f9
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Manage your e-all-in-one or MFP from your smartphone or tablet, using the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.f10
- HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One
- HP 62 Black Ink Cartridge
- HP 62 Tri-color Ink Cartridge
- Software CD
- Setup Instructions
- Power cord
- Phone cord.
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- phone cord
- Print speed color (draft, letter)
- Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed black (draft, letter)
- Up to 22 ppm
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 22 sec
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 300 to 400
- Print technology
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Print quality color (best)
- Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and Print in Max dpi)
- 2.65" (6.75 cm), Touchscreen CGD (color graphics)
- Processor speed
- 525 MHz
- Number of print cartridges
- 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])
- Print languages
- HP PCL 3 GUI
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; NFC Touch-to-print; Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 2 USB 2.0; 1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; 1 Ethernet; 1 RJ-11 fax
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 6.
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh
- OS X v10.7 LIon, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, 1 GB HD, Internet, USB
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only); Mac OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks
- Memory, standard
- 128 MB DDR3 Memory
- Paper handling input, standard
- 125 sheet Main Input Tray, 15 sheet Photo Tray
- Paper handling output, standard
- 25-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing
- Media sizes supported
- Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- Media sizes, custom
- 3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, the HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
- Media weight, recommended
- 18 to 22 lb
- Borderless printing
- Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
- Scanner type
- Scan file format
- PDF, BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF, PGM
- Scan resolution, optical
- 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Scan size (ADF), maximum
- 8.5 x 14 in
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 25 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan to email [via printer control app]; From software: Scan to file; Scan to email
- File formats, supported
- PDF; BMP; PNG; TIF; JPG
- Copy resolution (black text)
- 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
- 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum
- Up to 20 copies
- Yes, color
- Fax transmission speed
- 4 sec per page
- Fax memory
- Up to 100 pages in black and white
- Fax resolution
- Up to 300 x 311 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number
- Up to 99 numbers
- Broadcast locations
- Input voltage 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
- 5.25 watts (Ready), 1.18 watts (Sleep), 0.25 watts (Off)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range
- 41 to 104ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.87 x 16.14 x 7.60 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.87 x 19.80 x 7.60 in
- 16.91 lb
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week limited phone support
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details. h2 Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only. h3 Requires a compatible NFC-printing-enabled mobile device. For a list of compatible NFC-printing-enabled mobile devices, see hp.com/go/nfcprinting h5 Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared with the cost per page (CPP) of the majority of color inkjet printers <$399 USD, market share reported by IDC Q3 2013. CPP comparisons for standard capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by Gap Intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports Q3 2013. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed. Service requires Internet connection to printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area. h7 Based on plan usage (without excessive printing), Internet connection to a compatible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic location. f12 Mobile device must support near field communications-enabled printing. For a list of supported devices, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting f10 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. f11 Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the wireless network of a wireless direct-capable printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point in the printer. m1 Either after first page or after first set of ISO test pages. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims