HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Color Inkjet e-All-In-One Printer, Scanner, Copier And Fax, F5A16A#ABA Item # 470851
There's no limit to what you can accomplish with the right tools. This HP Officejet 8040 wireless inkjet all-in-one printer (F5A16A) lets you tackle a variety of document-handling tasks, so you have more time for generating your next big idea.
- Easily connect to the Internet via a wireless connection or via the Ethernet port. Connect your entire office to the HP Officejet 8040 all-in-one printer (F5A16A).
- Prints, copies, scans and faxes.
- Prints up to 14 pages per minute in black and up to 9 pages per minute in color.
- Color resolution up to 4800 x 1200 dpi for crisp, true-to-life images.
- Accommodates documents measuring up to 8 1/2" x 11".
- Automatically organize scanned documents for easy, fast searching and access them from virtually anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Automatic 2-sided printing saves paper and money.
- 125-sheet paper tray can handle complex print jobs. 25-page automatic document feeder simplifies paper handling. Optional separate photo paper tray (sold separately) works with 4" x 6" and 5" x 7" photo paper, so you can quickly create prints without switching the loaded paper.
- 1,000-sheet monthly volume.
- Touch screen allows accurate, simple navigation of features and settings.
- Enhance your productivity and efficiency thanks to the Neat Organization System.
- Export your business data to popular programs, such as Microsoft® Excel® and Outlook®, TurboTax®, Quicken® and more.
- Print high-quality documents and photos from select smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, including most iPhone®, iPad®, Android and Amazon Kindle Fire models. HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app enables you to easily print and scan on the go.
- Safeguard your data in the Cloud or via the 1TB of built-in storage space.
- USB-compatible with PCs and Macs.
- Instant Ink eligible. HP Ink ordered by your printer based on the number of pages you print monthly. Compatible with select HP printers.
- ENERGY STAR— For products that meet federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 62 black ink cartridge; HP 62 tricolor ink cartridge; HP 62XL black ink cartridge; HP 62XL tricolor ink cartridge|
|dimensions||17.9"H x 16.1"W x 7.6"D|
|fax transmission speed||4 sec/page|
|functionality||copy; fax; print; scan|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|maximum black and white copy speed||21 cpm|
|maximum black and white print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum black and white print speed||14 ppm|
|maximum color copy speed||19 cpm|
|maximum color print speed||9 ppm|
|maximum copy enlargement||400%|
|maximum copy reduction||25%|
|maximum fax resolution||300 x 311 dpi|
|maximum monthly volume||1,000 sheets|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum sheet size||letter (8 1/2" x 11")|
|maximum true color print resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|media type||Plain Paper; Photo Paper; Envelope; Inkjet Paper; Transparency; Label; Card Stock; Premium Paper; Iron-on Transfer|
|mobile printing||app based and email|
|model||Officejet 8040 (F5A16A#ABA)|
|number of colors||4|
|number of paper trays||1|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Mac OS X 10.7+|
|package contents||Officejet 8040 with Neat e-All-in-One Printer; 1 x TB Hard Drive; HP 62 Black Ink Cartridge; HP 62 Tri-color Ink Cartridge; Setup Instructions; Power Cord; Phone Cord; Software CD|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|power source||AC Supply|
|primary paper tray capacity||125 sheets|
|print technology||Ink-jet - color|
|printing application||general printing and copy/scan/fax|
|processor speed||525 MHz|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|total paper tray capacity||50 sheets|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
A full-featured e-all-in-one that can help transform your home office into a more productive work space with the Neat® Organization System—worth $59 a year—at no additional cost.h1 h11 Print high-quality documents and photos from mobile devices.h2
Achieve your goals—affordably. Conserve resources, save paper, and optimize productivity with this powerful and efficient e-all-in-one.
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the HP color touchscreen.
Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook at work, home, or on the go.f10
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Manage your e-all-in-one or MFP from your smartphone or tablet, using the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.f11
Print wirelessly from your mobile device without a Wi-Fi code or password.f12
Enable touch-to-print convenience from mobile devices.f13
Save up to 50% off ink. Original HP ink delivered to your door with HP Instant Ink.
- HP Officejet 8040 e-All-in-One Printer
- Neat® Organization System included—worth $59 a year—at no additional cost. (Value based on Neat® Organization System Personal plan. September 2014 pricing.)
- HP 62 Black Ink Cartridge
- HP 62 Tri-color Ink Cartridge
- Setup instructions
- Power cord
- Phone cord
- SW CD
- No, Please purchase USB cable separately
- 1 phone cord
- Print speed color (draft, letter)
- Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed black (draft, letter)
- Up to 22 ppm
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 22 sec
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 300 to 400
- Print technology
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Print quality color (best)
- Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and Print in Max dpi)
- 3.5” (8.89 cm) Capacitive touchscreen color graphics
- Processor speed
- 525 MHz
- Number of print cartridges
- 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])
- Print languages
- HP PCL 3 GUI
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified; Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 2 USB 2.0; 1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; 1 Ethernet; 1 RJ-11 fax
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, 1 GB HD; Internet, USB
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; Mac OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks
- Memory card compatibility
- Secure Digital
- Memory, standard
- 128 MB DDR3 Memory
- Paper handling input, standard
- 125 sheet Main Input Tray, 15 sheet Photo Tray
- Paper handling input, optional
- Up to 15 sheets
- Paper handling output, standard
- 25-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing
- Media sizes supported
- Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- Media sizes, custom
- 3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
- Media weight, recommended
- 18 to 22 lb
- Borderless printing
- Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
- Scanner type
- Scan file format
- pdf, bmp, jpg, gif, tif, tif, png
- Scan resolution, optical
- 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Scan size (ADF), maximum
- 8.5 x 14 in
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 25 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan to email [via printer control app]; From software: Scan to file; Scan to email
- File formats, supported
- PDF; BMP; PNG; TIF; JPG
- Copy speed black (draft, letter)
- Up to 21 cpm
- Copy speed color (draft, letter)
- Up to 19 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text)
- 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
- 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum
- Up to 50 copies
- Yes, color
- Fax transmission speed
- 4 sec per page
- Fax memory
- Up to 100 pages in black and white
- Fax resolution
- Up to 300 x 311 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number
- Up to 120 numbers
- Broadcast locations
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
- 6.32 watts (Ready), 1.90 watts (Sleep), 0.29 (Off)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range
- 41 to 104°F
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.9 x 16.1 x 7.6 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.87 x 22.17 x 7.60 in
- 18.23 lb
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week limited phone support
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Requires Neat® account setup, printer registration, hpconnected.com account, Internet connection, and Neat® Mobile app download. Three-year cloud service subscription included with up to 45 pages of OCR searchable scans per month. Service fees with Neat® may apply after expiration. Compatible with Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod®, and most Android™ OS-based mobile devices. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/officejet8040 h11 Value based on Neat® Organization System Personal plan; September 2014 pricing. h2 Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details. h8 Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink Service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared to the cost per page (“CPP”) of the majority of color inkjet printers <$399 USD, market share reported by IDC Q3 2013. CPP comparisons for standard capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by Gap Intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports Q3 2013. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed. Requires internet connection to printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area. h10 Based on plan usage (without excessive printing), Internet connection to a compatible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic location. f13 Mobile device must support near field communications-enabled printing. For a list of supported devices, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. f10 Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting f11 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. f12 Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the wireless network of a wireless direct-capable printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point in the printer.