- 15.6" diagonal widescreen TruBrite® display with 1366 x 768 native resolution.
- 6GB memory to run your programs.
- 750GB hard drive holds your files, photos, music and videos.
- Features Wireless-N for high-performance,cable-free networking. Easily and quickly access wireless networks to send and receive email, browse the Web and share files. Wired networking is also available if you need it.
- Plays and burns CDs and DVDs.
- Available ports include: 1 USB 3.0,2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI and 1 Ethernet.
- Design is 13% thinner than before.
- TruType keyboard has contoured keys on the outside for comfort and speed.
- Stay in touch via video or voice messaging with the built-in HD webcam and microphone.
- Harness the HDMI port to view videos and photos on your TV. (HDMI cable is sold separately.)
- Weighs 4.85 lb.
- Features Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 operating system.
- Stays powered for up to 3 hours. Battery life will vary depending on the product configuration, product model, applications loaded on the product, power management setting of the product, and the product features used by the customer. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and usage.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- EPEAT Gold ? For technology products with multiple environment attributes ? ranked in three tiers: Bronze, Silver or Gold.
|processor model||core i3-4025U|
|diagonal screen size||15.6 inches|
|hard drive capacity||750 GB|
|screen resolution||1366 x 768|
|maximum battery life||3.0 hours|
|operating system||Windows 8.1|
|processor speed||1.9 GHz|
|frontside bus speed||1900 MHz|
|memory type||DDR3L SDRAM|
|maximum memory capacity||6 GB|
|wired connectivity||10/100 Ethernet|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|audio hardware||Tuned by Skull Candy|
|hard drive type||HDD (hard disk drive)|
|warranty length||1-yr limited|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|total recycled content||0%|
|processor type||Core i3|
|video hardware||Intel Mobile HD graphics|
From the Manufacturer|
DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND.Get more done with the versatile Satellite® L55, an all-purpose laptop packed with smart performance, spacious storage, plenty of convenience features and a sleek, new, thin design. A roomy 15.6-inch diagonal, HD, TruBrite® display gives you plenty of room for work and play, while more plug-and-play essentials make connecting with your other devices a snap. Amplify your music and entertainment with an engaging sound system tuned by the audiophiles at Skullcandy® and DTS®. Featuring a polished look and slim design, the Satellite® L55 laptop has all the right moves to keep up with you.
FAST, RESPONSIVE PERFORMANCE BY INTEL®.Get a smooth, seamless visual experience with a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor, featuring longer battery life and built-in security for deeper protection. Effortlessly move among applications with smart multitasking from Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology. Plus, a built-in 750GB hard drive gives you plenty of space to store and access all your files, pics, music and videos—with or without an Internet connection.
THIN IS IN.You’ll love this laptop’s slim profile (13% thinner than before) featuring a gorgeous light gold Fusion® Finish. And Toshiba’s exclusive TruType keyboard offers a sleek frameless design for less key-bounce, plus comfortable contoured keys and a 10-key pad that’s great for crunching numbers.
SUPREME SOUND FOR EVERYONE.The average laptop typically features tiny speakers that pump out lackluster sound. To achieve best-in-class audio on an everyday laptop, Toshiba turned to the audiophiles at Skullcandy® and DTS® to tune the device’s built-in speakers for peak performance, while optimizing the listening experience for headphone and earbuds. The result is a clear, rich sound experience, complete with rich bass, dialog enhancement and maximum volume levels that are distortion-free.
MORE PLUG-AND-PLAY FEATURES.
This laptop includes everything you need to stay connected to your printers, projectors, TVs, drives and other peripherals. It has three USB ports (two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0), plus an SD card slot, HDMI® and VGA outputs, RJ-45 Ethernet and high-speed wireless (802.11b/g/n). Plus, USB Sleep & Charge lets you power your smartphone and other devices even when the laptop’s asleep or off.
A DVD DRIVE WHEN YOU NEED IT.With the onboard DVD SuperMulti drive, you can play your favorite music CDs. Watch the latest DVD movies. Load programs and do backups. Or share your stuff with colleagues, friends and family. Also, the triple monitor support on this laptop lets you easily share your view with up to three screens — a perfect choice for multitaskers who want to spread out to get more done.
Visit info.toshiba.com for a complete list of all product legal footnotes.
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. While Toshiba has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice. Satellite, TruBrite and Fusion are registered trademarks of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. and/or Toshiba Corporation. Intel and Core are registered trademarks or trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Touch pad with Multi-touch
Enjoy the ability to pinch, swipe, rotate or scroll through images on the display screen with a simple brush of your fingers.
Upconverts your standard-def DVD content into sharper and more vibrant pictures that look and feel more like HD in real-time.
The built-in webcam on this PC makes it easy to Skype® and chat live with friends and family or videoconference with co-workers. You’ll also be able to take and store still pictures.
LED Backlit Display
Last longer, use less power, and warm up quicker with the unique LED backlit display.
EPEAT™ Gold Registered
EPEAT™ Gold is the highest possible ranking of the acclaimed Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool which measures products across 51 different dimensions.
Numeric 10-key Pad
Enjoy faster typing, smoother data entry and more convenient gaming commands with a full-size keyboard and a handy numeric 10-key pad.
ENERGY STAR Qualified
Engineered with respect to our planet, 93% of Toshiba laptops, netbooks and Tablet PCs have met the ENERGY STAR 4.0 standard since it was established in 2007.
The two cores on this processor let you do more at once. They are also energy-smart, sipping battery power so you can go farther unplugged.
Quickly adjust the settings and power plan of your laptop and monitor your ongoing power usage with just a click.
Get maximum performance when connecting the latest external devices, with blazing fast transfer speeds.
Power your smartphone, tablet and other USB-based portables even when your PC is off. Great for charging these USB devices while you are on the run.
Scale up your gaming, movies and music on a home theater - with full 1080p high-definition video, and amazingly immersive surround sound.
Memory Card Reader
Transfer files easily from your digital camera, camcorder, MP3 player or smart phone, sharing home movies and playlists with SD cards, Memory Sticks and more.
|Processor:||Intel® Core™ i3-4025U processor|
|Operating System:||Windows 8.1|
|Memory:||6GB DDR3L 1600MHz (Memory is not user replaceable)|
|Display Size:||15.6" widescreen|
|Display Type:||HD TruBrite® LED Backlit display|
|Display Resolution:||1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content|
|Graphics Engine:||Mobile Intel® HD Graphics|
|Hard Drive:||750GB (5400 RPM, Serial ATA)|
|Optical Drive:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)|
|Optical Drives:||DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer) supporting up to 11 fomats|
|Webcam:||HD Webcam and Microphone|
|Wireless:||Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n)|
|Inputs and Controls:||Premium US keyboard with 10-key pad (Black), Touch pad pointing device with multi touch control|
|Security and Protection:||HDD Recovery, Security Cable Lock Slot|
|LAN:||10/100 Ethernet LAN|
|Audio:||DTS Sound™ Headphone jack (stereo), Microphone jack (mono), Stereo speakers tuned by Skull Candy|
|AC Adapter:||45W (19V 2.37A) Auto-sensing, 100-240V / 50-60Hz input|
|Battery:||Lithium Ion (45Wh, 4-Cell)—*Not user replaceable|
|Express Card Slot:||No PC Express Slot|
|SmartCard Reader:||No SmartCard Reader slot|
|Media:||Memory Card Reader|
|USB Ports:||1-USB (2.0) port, 1-USB (3.0) port, 1-USB (3.0) port with USB Sleep and Charge|
|HDMI:||HDMI® output port|
|Software:||1 month trial for new Microsoft® Office 365 customers, Adobe Reader, DTS Sound™ Hard disc (HDD) recovery, Norton™ Internet Security 2013 (30-day trial subscription), TOSHIBA App Place, TOSHIBA BookPlace™ TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio Truelink+, TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator, TOSHIBA Resolution+ Upconvert Technology for Media Player, TOSHIBA Service Station, Toshiba Start, TOSHIBA eco Utility™|
|Weight:||Starting at 4.85 lbs.|
|Color:||Fusion® Finish in Satin Gold|
|Standards:||EPEAT™ Gold, Energy Star Qualified, RoHS Compatible|
What’s new with Windows 8.1?
Note: Some features require Windows 8.1. Update available through Windows store for Windows 8 users. Internet access required; fees may apply.
The devices shown in the videos are displayed only for demonstrative purposes to showcase the touch features of the Windows operating system. Similar mice and keyboard keystrokes can be used on non-touch devices. Please check the specs of the machine on the page to know what features are included.
It’s new, but you know it.
- Start up in the familiar desktop to get stuff done or the Start screen to easily access all your favorite apps and sites.
Easier than ever to use.
- New navigation features make it faster and easier to access, close, minimize and switch between open apps.
- Pin favorite apps to the Start screen, the taskbar, or both for quick and easy access to what you use the most.
Greater speed and ease in finding what you are looking for including new apps to love.
Check out why Windows just got better and you can make your Windows device the way you want it.
Mouse, keyboard—and now touch.
Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.
Make it yours.
New ways to personalize with more Start screen tiles sizes, colors, and backgrounds.
Your files, everywhere.
Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with OneDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.
Multitasking made easy.It's easy to do up to four things at once. Snap multiple apps side by side in a single view for easy multitasking and enhanced productivity.
Stay up to date and more secure with built-in privacy and security protection with Windows Defender and SmartScreen.
Windows 8.1 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than previous versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
Works with what you have.
Easily connect to your printers, cameras and more with built-in USB ports. With Windows 8.1, you can run all of the programs that you had on Windows 7.
- Why should I buy a Windows device?
Windows devices are available in all shapes and sizes to match your lifestyle and they can also be customized with your favorite apps, colors, and backgrounds to match your personality. Multitask with ease on a Windows device. Run Office side-by-side with your web browser, or make a Skype video call while you check email. Windows devices also work with stuff you already have, they include ports for printers and cameras and work with your favorite apps.*
*Windows RT 8.1 devices only runs built-in apps or apps that you download from the Windows Store.
- Does Windows have the apps I want?
Right out of the box, Windows 8.1 comes with apps to do all the basics and a lot more. There are apps to stay in touch, save your files to the cloud, and keep track of your photos and videos in new and easy ways.
Plus, you can visit the Windows store to choose from over 100,000 apps for games, music, news, weather, and entertainment, to just name a few.
- Did the desktop disappear?
No. You’ll also still be able to work with the familiar desktop just as you did in earlier versions of Windows. If you spend most of your time on the desktop, you can even set Windows to go there instead of the Start screen when you first turn on your PC.
- I have heard it is for touchscreens. Can I still use a mouse and keyboard?
- Yes. You can use it the way you want: touchscreen, mouse and keyboard, or both. You’ll also still be able to work with the familiar desktop just as you did in earlier versions of Windows.
Note: The touchscreen functionality is dependent on the specifications of the device’s screen. Please check the specs of the machine on this page to know what features are included.
- Can I use my current software and printers?
Windows 8.1 is compatible with almost all of the peripherals (printers, cameras, keyboards, mice, etc.) that you’re using today with your Windows PC or tablet. You can also use most of the desktop programs you currently use, including Office programs.
- What if I buy a PC running Windows 8? Can I update to Windows 8.1?
Yes. If you're running Windows 8 you'll be able to get the free update to Windows 8.1 through the Windows Store.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability