Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Sheetfed Scanner Item # 475427
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 can help you manage your home or office paperwork more effectively. Packed with time-saving, intuitive features, it helps reduce paper clutter, storage space and security risks.
- Easy, 1-button operation. Simply stack in your paperwork and press the Scan button.
- Customizable, time-saving Quick Menu automatically popls us on the screen after scanning.
- Efficient color and grayscale scanning at 25 pages per minute. Automatic document feeder lets you load up to 50 sheets at a time.
- True 64-bit color and 32-bit grayscale depths. Provides more than 281 trillion possible colors.
- Scans without wires to PCs and Macs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface offers easy connection, and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1.
- Scans both sides of each page simultaneously. Images are automatically straightened and cropped, and blank sides are removed.
- Advanced paper-feeding system. Reliable Separation Roller technology minimizes multi-feeds and paper jams.
- 11" x 17" maximum scan size captures an entire ledger-size page and won't cut off detail at the edges.
|automatic document feeder capacity||50 Sheets|
|connector type||USB 3.0; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|dimensions||6.6"H x 11.5"W x 6.3"D|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR; RoHS; EPEAT Silver|
|Hardware Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Image Sensor Type||CIS|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|maximum black and white scan speed||25 ppm|
|maximum color scan speed||25 ppm|
|Maximum Color Scan Speed (ppm)||25|
|Maximum Mono Scan Speed (ppm)||25|
|maximum resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Maximum Scan Size||Ledger - 11" x 17"|
|Media Size||A4 8.27" x 11.69"; A5 5.83" x 8.27"; A6 4.13" x 5.83"; B5 6.93" x 9.84"; B6 4.92" x 6.93"; Postcard 5.83" x 3.94"; Letter 8.50" x 10.98"; Legal 8.50" x 14.02"; 2" x 2"; 8.50" x 14.17"; A3 11.69" x 16.54"; Custom Size; Ledger 11" x 17"|
|media type||Plain Paper; Business Card; Postcard; Embossed Card; Letter|
|memory requirements||2 GB|
|minimum CPU requirements||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or higher|
|number of one-touch buttons||1|
|Off-Mode Power Consumption||400 mW|
|Operating Power Consumption||20 W|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP; Mac OS X|
|optical character recognition (OCR) technology||no|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|package contents||ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner for PC and Mac; AC Cable; AC Adapter; USB Cable; Safety Precautions; Software DVD; ScanSnap Carrier Sheet|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac; Handheld|
|Power Consumption Operational (Standby)||20 Watt|
|power source||AC Supply; USB|
|required hard drive space||2.8GB for Mac; 4.5GB for Windows MB|
|Sleep-Mode Power Consumption||1.60 W|
|Standby Power Consumption||400 mW|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
The ScanSnap iX500 provides PC and Mac users an effective way to greatly reduce paper clutter, storage space, and security risk associated with unmanaged paperwork at home or office. Even better, documents scanned by ScanSnap take on a higher level of accessibility and usefulness, users can scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac and now iOS or Android mobile devices.
- One button searchable PDF creation
- Advanced paper feeding system
- Blazing 25ppm color scanning
- 50-page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Built-in GI microprocessor
- USB 3.0 (or lower)
- Scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac
- Scan wirelessly to iOS or Android mobile devices
- More Quick Menu Productivity
Easily Transform Paper with the Touch of a Button
Achieving organization with the ScanSnap iX500 starts with the touch of a single button and ends with a host of productivity features that keep you ahead of the stack.
Scan to popular file types
- Searchable PDF
- Word (editable)
- Excel (editable)
- Business Cards
Scan directly to the cloud - without a PC or mobile deviceScanSnap Cloud makes scanning easier than ever before, enabling ScanSnap to scan directly to your favorite cloud service without the need for a computer or mobile device. Simply press the scan button and your scans are automatically separated into documents, receipts, business cards or photos and sent to a predetermined cloud service.
Scan directly to mobile devicesQuickly bypass the computer altogether and scan a PDF or JPEG file directly to an iOS or Android mobile device or tablet.1
Wi-Fi or USB connectivity to a computer
Break free from USB and place ScanSnap just about anywhere in the room with Wi-Fi connectivity to a PC or Mac.2
Fast Double-Sided Scanning
Typically, higher quality means lower performance, but the iX500 maintains a speed of up to 25 pages per minute even at 300 dpi in Color!
Advanced Paper Detection
Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology of our professional-grade scanners, iX500 achieves exceptional feeding reliability using "Separation Roller" technology to minimize jams and multi-feeds.
Built-in "GI" microprocessor
A dual-core CPU-mounted "GI" processor performs the intelligent image enhancement responsible for great looking images with dramatically faster results and more sophisticated connectivity:
- Image processing: Automatic corrections and image output
- Supports Wi-Fi:WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) wireless LAN (IEE802.11b/g/n)
- Supports USB 3.0
Accelerated Searchable PDF creation
Making PDF files searchable at the point of scanning is a great way to keep them instantly accessible and now you can create a searchable PDF at nearly the same speed as a standard PDF.
Compatible with PC or Mac
The ScanSnap iX500 works on both Mac and PC operating systems, making flexibility a breeze.
Nuance Power PDF for WindowsFor Windows, the ScanSnap iX500 comes bundled with Nuance Power PDF Standard, offering a user-friendly way to create, edit, share, and collaborate on PDFs. Power PDF offers an intuitive user interface that anyone familiar with Microsoft Office will be able to quickly learn and immediately put to work. Annotate, mark up, and convert PDFs with ease. Security and compression features are built right in.
Nuance PDF Converter for MacThe ScanSnap iX500 also includes Nuance PDF Converter for Mac, enabling users to edit and securely share PDF files like never before. PDF Converter for Mac easily and accurately converts PDFs or images into editable formats, saving valuable time and enabling users to increase productivity and get the most out of their documents. Add text, images, and signatures; edit text and adjust images; and effortlessly assemble secured documents.
Cardminder Business Card Software
ScanSnap iX500 can quickly scan business cards, extract the content information, and place it into editable fields that can be exported to Address Book.
View, manage, and edit PDF and JPEG files scanned with ScanSnap on a Windows platform. Organizer allows users to convert scanned PDF files into searchable content, embed custom keywords, attach to email or SharePoint, and remain productive with paperwork long after it is scanned.
ABBYY FineReader Express Edition
Quickly convert PDF documents into searchable PDF's with a simple drag and drop functionality of FineReader Express.
Cardminder Business Card Software
ScanSnap iX500 also quickly scans loads of business cards, extracts the contact information, and places it into editable fields that can be exported to Outlook.
Scan 'outside-the-box' into virtually any application or cloud service from PC.3
More Ways to Scan to the cloud
- Google Docs
- Sharepoint (PC only)
- 1 See list of supported devices at http://scansnap.fujitsu.com
- 2 May require latest online updates. Requires use of an existing wireless router. Only one computer can be registered for Wi-Fi connection
- 3 ScanSnap Folder is only available on PC