Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner for PC and Mac Item # 490682
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Quickly turn that large physical report into an easy-to-navigate digital document and save time. Having a Fujitsu desktop scanner on hand at all times can streamline your work and help things move as efficiently as possible.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 helps manage your home or office paperwork. Greatly reduces paper clutter, storage space and security risk.
- Efficient color scanning at 25 pages per minute. Automatic document feeder lets you load up to 50 sheets.
- Features easy 1-button searchable PDF creation. Simply stack in your paperwork, and press the Scan button.
- Also scans PDFs and JPEGs directly to iOS or Android mobile devices/tablets. No computer necessary to use the Fujitsu iX500.
- Scans both sides of each page simultaneously. Images are automatically straightened and cropped, and blank sides are removed.
- Features advanced paper feeding system. Reliable Separation Roller technology minimizes multi-feeds and paper jams.
- Scans non-standard sizes, including business cards.
- Features an easy-to-customize, time saving Quick Menu. Automatically pops up on the screen after scanning.
|Sleep-Mode Power Consumption||1.60 W|
|Off-Mode Power Consumption||400 mW|
|Additional Information||USB Connected:Operating Mode: 20W or less; Sleep Mode: 1.6W or less; Auto Standby (Off) Mode: Less than 0.4 watt; Wi-Fi connected:Operating Mode: 20W or less; Sleep Mode: 2.5W or less|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR; RoHS; EPEAT Silver|
|Standby Power Consumption||400 mW|
|Media Size||A4 8.27" x 11.69"; A5 5.83" x 8.27"; A6 4.13" x 5.83"; B5 6.93" x 9.84"; B6 4.92" x 6.93"; Postcard 5.83" x 3.94"; Letter 8.50" x 10.98"; Legal 8.50" x 14.02"; 2" x 2"; 8.50" x 14.17"; A3 11.69" x 16.54"; Custom Size; Ledger 11" x 17"|
|media type||Plain Paper; Business Card; Postcard; Embossed Card; Letter|
|maximum color scan speed||25 ppm|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Hardware Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|dimensions||6.6"H x 11.5"W x 6.2"D|
|Maximum Scan Size||Ledger - 11" x 17"|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X 10.6+|
|connector type||USB 3.0|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac; Handheld|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|Image Sensor Type||CIS|
|power source||AC Supply; USB|
|Power Consumption Operational (Standby)||20 Watt ( 1.6 Watt )|
|required hard drive space||2.8GB for Mac; 4.5GB for Windows|
|package contents||ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner for PC and Mac; AC Cable; AC Adapter; USB Cable; Safety Precautions; Software DVD; ScanSnap Carrier Sheet|
|Product Name||ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner for PC and Mac|
|number of one-touch buttons||1|
|memory requirements||2 GB|
|maximum black and white scan speed||25 ppm|
|maximum resolution||600 dpi|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|automatic document feeder capacity||50 Sheets|
|Maximum Mono Scan Speed (ppm)||25|
|Operating Power Consumption||20 W|
|minimum CPU requirements||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or higher|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Maximum Color Scan Speed (ppm)||25|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
- Does ScanSnap scanners come with TWAIN drivers? expandContent
- No. The ScanSnap scanner is a personal document imaging solution. It includes intelligent document processing of images that make it an ideal fit for any business professional looking for a paper to PDF solution. The automatic processing and ease of use make it an ideal solution for any business user, regardless of their knowledge of scanner drivers and software. To streamline the paper to PDF process, a TWAIN driver isn't included or required to operate the unit. ScanSnap can scan directly to the computer's hard drive with the capability of launching any PDF or JPEG based application to view the image
- Does ScanSnap work with PC and Mac? expandContent
- Yes, ScanSnap series work on both Mac and PC operating systems. ScanSnap is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, Mac OS X v10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion and Mac OS X v10.7 Lion.
- What software are bundled with ScanSnap S1100, S1300i and iX500? expandContent
- For PC, ScanSnap Manager, the editing software ScanSnap Organizer, business card software CardMinder, OCR software ABBY FineReader, Evernote, Scan to Microsoft SharePoint, and Rack2-Filer Smart (only for Deluxe model).For Mac, ScanSnap Manager, business card software, OCR software ABBY FineReader and Evernote.
- Does ScanSnap iX500 come with USB cable even though it has the ability to scan wirelessly? expandContent
- Yes it comes with a USB cable, allowing you to scan to your computer when a Wi-Fi network is not available. Also, the scanner and computer need to be connected via USB cable when setting up Wi-Fi scanning.
- What is the difference between the standard model and the Deluxe model? expandContent
- The difference is the Rack2-Filer Smart with Magic Desktop software bundled in Deluxe models. Rack2-Filer Smart with Magic Desktop software is a feature-rich scanning and content viewing application incorporating an ultra-intuitive bookcase and binder interface that gives users a familiar and enjoyable interaction with their scanned paperwork. Available only for Windows® users.
- Can ScanSnap scan both sides at the same time? expandContent
- Yes, ScanSnap iX500 and S1300i are duplex scanners and digitize both sides of a document at the same time. ScanSnap S1100 is a simplex scanner, but the Continuous Document Feeding function allows you to create multiple page PDF files by inserting pages, one after another.
- Can you password protect PDFs using this scanner? expandContent
- You are able to password protect all your scanned PDF documents on your computer as well as your documents that you send through email.
- Can you scan hard cards using this scanner? expandContent
- Yes, you are able to scan hard cards and embossed cards that are up to 0.76mm thick.
- Can you create a searchable PDF file with this scanner? expandContent
- Yes, you are able to create a searchable PDF file with just a touch of a button. This will allow you to search for keywords in your scanned documents.
- What kind of file formats can ScanSnap create? expandContent
- You can scan documents into PDF and JPEG.
- What types of documents do ScanSnap S1100, S1300i and iX500 scan? expandContent
- It scans a variety of document types as small as business cards and up to 8.5? x 14.17?(Legal). Plastic and embossed cards are not supported on S1300i but are supported on S1100 and iX500 model. It also supports long document scanning up to 34 inches (S1100 & iX500 model). If you use a carrier sheet (only for S1100 & iX500), you can scan delicate documents and 11" x 17" documents.
- Is there a user manual that can be downloaded? expandContent
- Yes, it can be downloaded from here; http://scansnap.fujitsu.com/g-support/en/
- Does ScanSnap work with multiple computers? expandContent
- ScanSnap is compatible with one computer at a time.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
The ScanSnap iX500 provides PC and Mac users an effective way to greatly reduce paper clutter, storage space, and security risk associated with unmanaged paperwork at home or office. Even better, documents scanned by ScanSnap take on a higher level of accessibility and usefulness, users can scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac and now iOS or Android mobile devices.
- One button searchable PDF creation
- Advanced paper feeding system
- Blazing 25ppm color scanning
- 50-page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Built-in GI microprocessor
- USB 3.0 (or lower)
- Scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac
- Scan wirelessly to iOS or Android mobile devices
- More Quick Menu Productivity
Easily Transform Paper with the Touch of a Button
Achieving organization with the ScanSnap iX500 starts with the touch of a single button and ends with a host of productivity features that keep you ahead of the stack.
- Searchable PDF
- Word (editable)
- Excel (editable)
- Business Cards
Wi-Fi or USB connectivity to a computer
Break free from USB and place ScanSnap just about anywhere in the room with Wi-Fi connectivity to a PC or Mac.
Scan Directly to Mobile DevicesQuickly bypass the computer altogether and scan a PDF or JPEG file directly to an iOS or Android mobile device or table.
Fast Double-Sided Scanning
Typically, higher quality means lower performance, but the iX500 maintains a speed of up to 25 pages per minute even at 300 dpi in Color!
Built-in "GI" microprocessor
A dual-core CPU-mounted "GI" processor performs the intelligent image enhancement responsible for great looking images with dramatically faster results and more sophisticated connectivity:
- Image processing: Automatic corrections and image output
- Supports Wi-Fi:WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) wireless LAN (IEE802.11b/g/n)
- Supports USB 3.0
Advanced Paper Detection
Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology of our professional-grade scanners, iX500 achieves exceptional feeding reliability using "Separation Roller" technology to minimize jams and multi-feeds.
Accelerated Searchable PDF creation
Making PDF files searchable at the point of scanning is a great way to keep them instantly accessible and now you can create a searchable PDF at nearly the same speed as a standard PDF.
Compatible with PC or Mac
The ScanSnap iX500 works on both Mac and PC operating systems, making flexibility a breeze.
Cardminder Business Card Software
ScanSnap iX500 can quickly scan business cards, extract the content information, and place it into editable fields that can be exported to Address Book.
ABBYY FineReader Express Edition
Quickly convert PDF documents into searchable PDF's with a simple drag and drop functionality of FineReader Express.
View, manage, and edit PDF and JPEG files scanned with ScanSnap on a Windows platform. Organizer allows users to convert scanned PDF files into searchable content, embed custom keywords, attach to email or SharePoint, and remain productive with paperwork long after it is scanned.
Cardminder Business Card Software
ScanSnap iX500 also quickly scans loads of business cards, extracts the contact information, and places it into editable fields that can be exported to Outlook.
Scan 'outside-the-box' into virtually any application or cloud service from PC.3
More Ways to Scan to the cloud
- Google Docs
- Sharepoint (PC only)
|Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner for PC and Mac||Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle Desktop Scanner||Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Instant PDF Multi Sheet-Fed Scanner||Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Deluxe Bundle for PC||Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100 Instant PDF Document Scanner||Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100 Deluxe Bundle|
|One Button Scanning||
|Duplex or Simplex [...]||Duplex||Duplex||Duplex||Duplex||Simplex||Simplex|
|Monochrome Scanning Speed||25ppm/ 50ipm @300dpi||25ppm/ 50ipm @300dpi||12 ppm / 24 ipm @ 300dpi (AC Power)||12 ppm / 24 ipm @ 300dpi (AC Power)||7.5 seconds per sheet||7.5 seconds per sheet|
|Color Scanning Speed||25ppm/ 50ipm @300dpi||25ppm/ 50ipm @300dpi||6ppm / 12ipm @300 dpi (AC Power)||6ppm / 12ipm @300 dpi (AC Power)||7.5 Seconds per page||7.5 Seconds per page|
|Output Resolution||Up to 600 dpi||Up to 600 dpi||Up to 600 dpi||Up to 600 dpi||Up to 600 dpi||Up to 600 dpi|
|Image Sensor||Dual CIS||Dual CIS||Dual CIS||Dual CIS||CIS||CIS|
Min 2.0" x 2.0",
Max 8.5" x 14.7
Min 2.0" x 2.0",
Max 8.5" x 14.7
Min 2.0" x 2.0"
Max 8.5" x 14.7"
Min 2.0" x 2.0"
Max 8.5" x 14.7"
Min 1.0" x 1.0"
Max 8.5" x 14.7"
Min 1.0" x 1.0"
Max 8.5" x 14.7"
|Output Methods||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG||PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG|
|Paper Input [...]||Up to 50 pages||Up to 50 pages||Up to 10 pages||Up to 10 pages||1 page||1 page|
|Interface||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Platform Support||PC and Mac||PC and Mac||PC and Mac||PC and Mac||PC and Mac||PC and Mac|
|Double Feed Detection [...]||
|Scan to Office (Word and Excel) [...]||
|Scan to Cloud [...]||
|Scan to Mobile [...]||
|Wireless Scanning [...]||
|Plastic Card Scanning [...]||
|Rack2- Filer Smart V1.0 with Magic Desktop V1.0 [...]||
|Size (W x D x H)||11.5" x 6.3" x 6.2"||11.5" x 6.3" x 6.2"||11.18" x 3.90" x 3.03"||11.18" x 3.90" x 3.03"||10.74" x 1.87" x 1.33"||10.74" x 1.87" x 1.33"|
|Weight||6.62 lb.||6.62 lb.||3.08 lb.||3.08 lb.||12.3 oz.||12.3 oz.|
|EZ Cleanability [...]||
|Carrier Sheet Compatibility [...]||
|Limited Warranty4||1 Year Depot||1 Year Depot||1 Year Depot||1 Year Depot||1 Year Depot||1 Year Depot|
|Servie Options: In-Warranty Upgrade||Advance Exchange||Advance Exchange||Advance Exchange||Advance Exchange||Advance Exchange||Advance Exchange|
|Service Options: Post-Warranty||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus||Advance Exchange Plus, Depot Plus|
|Service Options: Consumables||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit||Scan Aid Kit, Cleaning and Consumable Kit|
- 1 May require latest online updates. Requires use of an existing wireless router. Only one computer can be registered for Wi-Fi connection
- 2 See list of supported devices at http://scansnap.fujitsu.com
- 3 ScanSnap Folder is only available on PC
- 4 For full details on the Limited Warranty and on all service programs, visit online at www.ImagingService.com or call toll-free at (800) 626-4686.