D-Link® DWA-130 Wireless-N USB Adapter Item # 508550
Easy way to add wireless to your computer
- Adapter offers high-speed wireless capability for a desktop or laptop computer. USB 2.0 connectivity makes installation a snap — no need to open your computer's case.
- Supports Wireless N (802.11n), providing faster networking speed, greater wireless range and fewer dead spots. Backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b networks.
- Supports the latest wireless security features. Includes WEP, WPA and WP2 encryption.
- Setup wizard simplifies installation.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE 802.11n (draft); IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11b; USB 2.0; USB 1.1; FCC Class B; CE|
|Compatibility||Operating Systems:Windows Vista; Windows XP SP2; Windows 2000 SP4|
|connector type||USB 2.0|
|dimensions||0.5"H x 1.1"W x 3.4"D|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.46 GHz|
|ISM Minimum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||300 Mbps|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 2000 SP4; Windows XP SP2; Windows Vista|
|package contents||DWA-130 Wireless N USB Adapter; USB Extension Cradle; Quick Installation Guide; CD-ROM with:Installation Wizard; Product Documentation|
|plug and play||no|
|security/encryption||WEP; WPA; WPA2|
|System Requirements||Computer with:CD-ROM Drive; 20MB Hard Disk Space; USB port; For Internet Access:Cable or DSL Modem; Wireless Router; Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless Security||Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP); Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA & WPA2)|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||54 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
DescriptionWant to get a better Wi-Fi signal for your desktop or notebook PC without breaking the bank? This is the adapter for you.
UPGRADE YOUR ADAPTER
The D-Link Wireless N USB Adapter (DWA-130) provides a better wireless signal for your computer than existing wireless 802.11g technology. Adding Wireless N to your computer provides an excellent solution for doing everyday activities such as transferring files, browsing the Internet, and downloading music. D-Link Wireless N products use Intelligent Antenna technology to transmit multiple streams of data which enable you to receive wireless signals in the farthest corners of your home. Not only does D-Link's Wireless N technology extend your wireless range, it also works with your existing 802.11g wireless routers and access points.
EASY TO SET UP
The D-Link Quick Adapter Setup Wizard walks you through the installation process and configures your new Wireless N USB Adapter for you. Also included is the Wireless Connection Manager that will add and save settings for the networks you frequent most.
EASY TO USE
The Wireless N USB Adapter easily connects your USB 2.0-equipped1 desktop or notebook computer to your wireless network for Internet and file sharing. Desktop users can easily add wireless connectivity without having to open the PC case. By using the included desktop cradle, the Wireless N USB Adapter can be placed on your desk for optimal performance. Notebook users will enjoy the compact form factor that allows you to upgrade to Wireless N technology and get better range.
Upgrade your legacy 802.11g wireless adapter to the new Wireless N USB Adapter (DWA-130) for desktop or notebook computers and enjoy the improved range and speed of multiple antenna technology.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Connect your desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your home.
WHY WIRELESS N IS BETTER
This Wireless N Adapter uses 802.11n technology to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform 802.11g MIMO devices2 . The Wireless N Adapter makes use of your home's environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off of walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots.
- Connect a Desktop or Notebook PC to a Wireless Network
- Also Works with Wireless 802.11g Networks
- Better Wireless Reception around the Home
Wireless Adapter Comparison
|Wireless Frequency Range||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed and range are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Using a USB 1.1 port will affect device performance.
- 2 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard 802.11g MIMO product from D-Link.
- 3 1-Year Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
- 4 Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.
- 5 Latest software and documentation are available at