- Home /
- Product Details
- External hard drive features ultra-fast USB 3.0 interface. Offers transfer rates up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 systems, too.
- Provides automatic, continuous backup of your computer. Includes Visual backup software. Password protection with hardware encryption ensures your data is protected, in case of loss or theft.
- Compatible with Windows PCs. Also works with Mac OS X 10.5+, but requires reformatting and is limited to USB 2.0 speeds.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|Service & Support||2 years warranty|
|storage capacity||3000 GB|
|power source||Included AC adapter|
|Interface Transfer Rate||5.0 Gbps (USB 3.0)|
|maximum data transfer rate||5 Gbps|
|Max Operating Temperature||95 °F|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|Features||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), password authentication, hardware encryption|
|Interfaces||1 x USB 3.0|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|Localization||Canada, Latin America, United States|
|Cables Included||1 x USB cable - external|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 2 years|
|manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|Compatible with Windows 7||"Compatible with Windows 7" software and devices carry Microsoft’s assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )|
|Min Operating Temperature||41 °F|
|dimensions||1.9" x 5.3" x 6.5"|
|total recycled content||0%|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7, Mac OS Leopard; Mac Snow Leopard (requires re-formatting and will work in USB 2.0 mode)|
|Power Device||Power adapter|
|OS Required||Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista, Apple MacOS X 10.6, Apple MacOS X 10.5|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|model name||My Book Essential|
From the Manufacturer|
- Connecting with your USB 2.0 port today and using with USB 3.0 when you're ready.
- Transferring files up to three times faster when connected to a USB 3.0 port.
- Protecting your data with automatic, continuous backup.
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music.
- Securing private or sensitive data with password protection and hardware encyrption.
Massive capacity. Sleek design.My Book features up to 4 TB capacity, to store and protect all the chapters of your digital life.
Automatic backup.WD’s automatic, continuous backup software works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file, it’s instantly backed up.
Password protection secures your drive.Use WD Security to set password protection and hardware encryption and protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility.With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Up to 3x faster transfer rates.When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Book lets you access and save files with blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.
Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
WD SmartWare software.WD SmartWare visual backup software provides a visual display of your backup as it happens so you know your data is safe.
Automatic, continuous backup software.Backup means having a second copy of your files at all times. WD's automatic backup software makes that easy. It continually works quietly in the background to help protect your data while using minimal PC resources. Whenever you save or change a file, it's instantly backed up.
Password protection for privacy.WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities.Register your drive, set drive security, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
WD quality inside and out.We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability. Then we place the drive in a robust enclosure designed for beauty and protection.
|Serial Bus Transfer Rate (USB 2.0)||480 Mb/s (Max)|
|Serial Transfer Rate|
|Serial Bus Transfer Rate (USB 3.0)||5 Gb/s (Max)|
|Operating||41° F to 95° F|
|Non-operating||-4° F to 149° F|
|Operating||5° C to 35° C|
|Non-operating||-20° C to 65° C|
AC Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC|
AC Input Frequency: 47-63 Hz
AC Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC|
AC Input Frequency: 47-63 Hz
Your data is not just data, it's your family photos, your financial documents, your music - your life. You know you should back it up, but many of you don't. We understand. We've talked to lots of people and we've heard the reasons why people don't back up - there's no time; it's a pain; their data's not organized; they don't know how. Using what we've learned, we developed easy, automatic backup software we hope you'll really use because we understand the importance of your data.
It's easy.You're up and running in a few simple steps. Once you set it up, you can forget it because the rest is automatic.
It finds your data.
- A unique visual interface lets you see the WD drives connected toyour computer.
- WD SmartWare automatically scans your computer and finds all of your personal files, including e-mail.
- Select the files and folders that you want backed up or back up your files by category. It's up to you.
- The backup gauges show how much information you have to be backed up in each category. You can even mouse over a category to see afile count.
- Simply click "Start Backup" and WD SmartWare will automatically start backing up your files.
- As your backup is running the category gauges will change color showing you the backup as it happens.
- When finished, you'll see a status screen and information about your backup. You only have to do this once. After the first backup, your files will be backed up automatically every time you change or add a file.
It's always on the job.WD SmartWare is always watching your computer, so when you change a file and save it, create new files, add new pictures, movies, or songs, WD SmartWare will instantly back them up.
It's easy to bring back lost files.If you ever accidentally delete an important file, or need to get an earlier version of a file, you can find and retrieve it in seconds with the easy-to-use retrieve interface.
- Restore all of the files you’ve backed up or select a particular file or folder. Use the search function to easily find a lost file.
- Set the number of versions you want to save so you can go back in time to retrieve an older version of a file.
Mini recenzja: WD My Book Essential 3 TB z USB 3.02011
Test-Sieger & Preis-Leistungssieger2011
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability