Creative Teaching Press® Language Arts, Greek And Latin Roots Item # 516870
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
A strong vocabulary is the foundation for reading comprehension
- In fact, vocabulary is the foundation of all areas of literacy — listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Since increasing and developing vocabulary will improve overall reading comprehension, research recommends teaching students the parts of words. Beginning at third grade, the national standards require that students use their knowledge of prefixes and suffixes to determine the meaning of words, and that they use their knowledge of root words to determine the meaning of unknown words within a passage.
- These activities help students become increasingly more confident in their ability to understand larger words.
- Students will become more comfortable with "dissecting" words and defining the parts of words.
- They will also start using in their oral language and in their writing the vocabulary words you teach.
- The key is incorporating ongoing review activities and games into your everyday curriculum.
- These activities incorporate all areas of literacy to maximize the transfer of vocabulary into your students' reading comprehension.
- Contains 144 pages.
- For grades 4-8.
|brand name||Creative Teaching Press|
|manufacturer||Creative Teaching Press|