A compact, wireless all-in-one for your home or small office
Prints up to 20 sheets per minute in black-and-white, 18 in color (ISO).
At maximum speed, prints up to 35 pages per minute in black-and-white, 27 in color.
Supports printing on larger sheets, up to 11" x 17".
Simply feed 11" x 17" sheets via the manual feed slot.
Built-in connectivity options provide flexibility for your office.
Includes USB, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Ethernet connectivity. Wireless feature makes it easy to place your printer where you want, and avoid running cables.
AirPrint enabled so you can print wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®.
Certain exceptions may apply. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same wireless network as your iOS device.
Google Cloud Print lets you send documents and photos to your printer from wherever you are.
(Requires an Internet connection and a Google account.)
3.7" color touch-screen offers easy access to functions.
20-sheet automatic document feeder makes your copy/scan/fax jobs a snap.
Automatic 2-sided printing saves on paper costs.
Recommended print volume is 250 to 1,000 pages pages per month.
400-sheet paper tray capacity (in 2 trays) for less paper reloading.
Features optical resolution of 2400 dpi.
Prints up to 13,000 pages per month for your busy office.
Built-in fax transmits pages as fast as 3 seconds per page.
Copier reduces/enlarges from 25% to 400% of full size.
Full-color scanner lets you convert documents to images.
Compact, space-saving design fits easily in your office.
Jams constantly, poor color output.
Received this item as a gift and at first from the reviews thought it would meet my needs. But after using it a while I could not recommend this product to anyone for these reasons:
1. Jams paper constantly.
2. Thicker papers must be fed in the back one sheet at a time and they are 80% of the time misaligned on output.
3. Printed colors look very light / washed out / and pictures I have printed often have a line or two through them.
3. For larger papers the tray sticks way out from the machine and trays appear flimsy and cheaply constructed.
4. The linux drivers from the Brother site do not support two sided printing as advertised.
5. If you have a paper jam it is a multiple step process to clear with removing trays, partial dis-assembly and so forth or the built in computer wont clear the error unless you unplug and wait at least a minute to plug back in.
6. With #5 above your print job is now corrupt and must be started again with the possibility of yet another jam.
7. To get full bleed you cant have duplex too. This means you have to us the paper feed in rear and one side most likely out of alignment.
8. If it wasn't past the time for exchange it would be going back. Thought I had longer to test and get it right with help from Brother support (as I have previously used and recommended their products).., but alas receipt says 14 days.
I could go on and on about this unit but for brevity's sake just covered the most glaring deficiencies. Stay away from this printer. Wish I could tell you which one is best but still researching myself. Have a great day.
February 26, 2014
Not what we expected
This printer was very moderately used, but never printed as quickly as expected, especially in wireless mode. The scanning quality was good but the print quality was not as good as I expected. The tray for legal sized paper malfunctions regularly and the entire machine failed after a few months. The replacement machine arrived broken. Still waiting for number 3.
February 19, 2014
The brother printers are the easiest printers to set up that I ever owned. These are quality printers, that are inexpensive to operate. This is my second one I have purchased. One is at home and the other at my small business.
February 15, 2014
I still haven't figured out all the ins and outs yet; I'm not sure the manual is complete about all that it can do? But the more I use it the more I find out what it does. EASY to scan to a file on your desktop or email. LOVE the bypass tray and the auto doc feeder. ITS WIRELESS!! It's neat and tidy; doesn't take up a lot of space and it's FLAT ON TOP so that if I need to, I have a bit of temporary extra freed-up space.
February 14, 2014