Creative Teaching Press® Language Arts, Analogies Item # 535125
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
An ideal way to introduce analogies to your primary students
- By teaching your students how to make analogies, you're providing them with practice in analyzing relationships between words and concepts.
- Strengthens vocabulary-essential test-prep skills!
- Divided into 5 sections. Introduction to different kinds of analogies likely encountered on standardized tests: synonyms, antonyms, homophones, animal groups and offspring, individual members of a larger group, characteristics, rhyming words, plurals, things that go together and tools with people who use them.
- Primary science topics include plants and insects.
- Social studies topics cover community helpers, the neighborhood and transportation.
- Miscellaneous topics feature fun things to eat, wear and play.
- Resource section contains word lists, a student record sheet and student awards. Also includes reproducibles for a fast-paced game called Analogy Whizo that provides analogy practice for small groups or your entire class.
- Sharpen your students' thinking skills with these analogies and watch their confidence grow.
- Contains 48 pages.
- For grades 2-4.
|manufacturer||Creative Teaching Press|
|publisher||Creative Teaching Press|