APC® Back-UPS® ES 700VA Battery Backup, Broadband, 700VA/330 Watt, 8 Outlets Item # 537509
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Protects your computer and peripherals from spikes, surges and loss of power
- New green features help reduce energy waste. Features include a 1 master outlet that controls 3 surge-protected outlets so, for example, your printer, scanner and speakers will shut off when your computer is turned off or in sleep mode.
- All 8 outlets feature surge protection. 4 outlets also provide battery back-up.
- Gives you time to save your work in the event of a power outage! Includes Telephone/Ethernet surge-protection jacks and coaxial surge-protection jacks.
|average charging time||8 hours|
|coaxial cable line protection||yes|
|connected equipment warranty||$75,000|
|cord length||5 feet|
|dimensions||8.88"H x 13.8"W x 12.4"D|
|EMI/RFI noise reduction||yes|
|fax/phone line protection||yes|
|joule rating||340 joules|
|manufacturer||American Power Conversion|
|mounting hardware included||n/a|
|number of outlets||8|
|number of outlets with battery backup||4|
|protection status indication||yes|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
APC Back-UPS® BN700MC Video
- Guaranteed protection and battery backup power for your valuable electronics, ensuring they remain safe from dangerous power disturbances
- Stay available and connected by powering critical devices (computers, wireless networking devices, gaming consoles, security systems and other electronics) during a blackout
- 8 total outlets – 4 battery backup, 4 surge only outlets
- PowerChute software provides safe system shutdown, preventing potential data corruption
- Guaranteed protection from surges and spikes caused by storms, lightning, circuit overloads, power cycling, etc.
- Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced
- Lifetime $75,000 equipment protection policy for all connected electronics
- ENERGY STAR® certified
The electronic devices you rely on every day for communication, security, and entertainment such as networking equipment, computers, televisions, security systems, and gaming consoles are at risk of damage and disconnect due to unexpected blackouts, voltage fluctuations, and other power disruptions.
The APC by Schneider Electric Back-UPS BN700MC provides instant battery power to your critical electronics when the power goes out, keeping you connected and available both personally and professionally. Additionally, the BN700MC UPS (uninterruptible power supply) offers guaranteed surge and lightning protection for attached devices. By connecting your valuable devices, you are ensuring these investments against potentially irreversible damage. When the power goes out, the APC BN700MC will power critical devices including home networking equipment; allowing you to maintain your internet connection. This allows you to work productively, avoid the loss of valuable data, and safely shut down equipment.
The BN700MC includes PowerChute Personal Edition software which provides UPS management options, safe system shutdown, and energy monitoring to enable cost savings and prevent potential data corruption. This backup power supply unit offers eight surge protected outlets, four of which provide UPS battery backup runtime during an outage, and a 420-watt/700-volt ampere output power capacity.
Battery Backup Keeps Critical Components RunningThe BN700MC UPS offers guaranteed backup battery power for your electronic devices. When power is interrupted or fluctuates outside safe levels, the BN700MC instantly provides clean battery power to your sensitive electronics. Work safely throughout brief outages or save your data and safely shut down electronics during extended outages.
Protection from Dangerous Surges and SpikesThe BN700MC features a total of eight power outlets, all of which shield your devices against dangerous surges and spikes in voltage. Four of these are UPS battery backup outlets that provide instant power to critical devices like computers and home networking equipment when there is an outage.
Prevent Data Corruption with PowerChute SoftwareAPC PowerChute Personal Edition power and energy management software is included. PowerChute prevents data corruption by automatically saving files and shutting down your system in an extended power outage or low-battery condition. PowerChute monitors and displays energy usage and reduces costs via customized energy management planning. Connect the USB cable that's included with your UPS backup unit to your computer to easily use the software.
Phone and Network Data Line Surge ProtectionIn addition to standard power line surge protection, the BN700MC UPS battery backup also provides protection from dangerous "backdoor" surges that travel along telephone and network data lines. Just route the phone or network data line through the BN700MC UPS to protect your devices from lightning, surges, and spikes.
ENERGY STAR Certified for Energy Efficiency
The BN700MC UPS is ENERGY STAR® certified for its efficient operation and ability to help realize lower energy costs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis UPS is covered by a three-year limited warranty. It also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $75,000. APC will repair or replace attached equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered APC Back-UPS uninterruptible power supply unit.
APC Back-UPS BN700MC with 5-foot power cord, PowerChute Personal Edition software CD, USB cable, and user manual.
- Output Power Capacity: 420 Watts / 700 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 420 Watts / 0 VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 60Hz +/- 3 Hz
- Topology: Standby
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup), (4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz +/- 3 Hz
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 5 feet
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 24 hour(s)
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): USB
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Building Wiring Fault
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 340 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Analog phone line for phone/fax/modem/DSL (RJ-11 connector)
- Maximum Height: 3.40 in
- Maximum Width: 7.1 in
- Maximum Depth: 11.20 in
- Net Weight: 12.40 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 14.40 lbs
- Shipping Height: 4.96 in
- Shipping Width: 8.86 in
- Shipping Depth: 15.20 in
- Color: Black
- Regulatory Approvals: California (CEC) Battery Charger, ENERGY STAR (USA), FCC Part 15 Class B, FCC Part 68, TUV-C, UL 497A, UL 497B, UL 1778
Sustainable Offer Status
- oHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.